All things Dundee FC

That’s me officially given up on Moussa. I’ve defended him in the past and still feel he has positive attributes (hold up play) but today his first miss in particular is fucking criminal for someone who is supposed to be a professional footballer.

To take the positives from today; I think generally most of the squad played well.
Madianga is some boi.
Nabi looked positive.
It was nice to have a left footer at LB

if we manage to bring in even one striker that can actually test the opposition keeper then we’ll have a half decent team.

6 minutes ago, rodallegabombs said:

That’s me officially given up on Moussa. I’ve defended him in the past and still feel he has positive attributes (hold up play) but today his first miss in particular is fucking criminal for someone who is supposed to be a professional footballer.

To take the positives from today; I think generally most of the squad played well.
Madianga is some boi.
Nabi looked positive.
It was nice to have a left footer at LB

if we manage to bring in even one striker that can actually test the opposition keeper then we’ll have a half decent team.

One fucking striker and we'd actually be decent - that's without Kamara and Caulker as well!!!

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

15 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Someone who puts the fucking ball in the fucking net.  Some of his shots were appalling today - even an average striker would expect to get at least one or two of those shots on target not ballooned into fucking outer space.

That’s obviously not what McCann looks for in a striker and it’s definitely not something Moussa can do in top flight football.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

That’s obviously not what McCann looks for in a striker and it’s definitely not something Moussa can do in top flight football.

Unfortunately the rules of the game dictate that you do need to do that if you want to win a game.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Positives: Nabi looked pretty sharp when he was on, could be a key piece this season. Ralph gave a much better account of himself today, looked strong on the ball. Madianga is our best player, Hamilton is looking to be a decent goalie, Elton looks good, McGowan was good, Curran was mostly good. The side itself looked fine in all areas except up front.

Negatives: That fucking moose. Get Sam Jones or Lawrence Shankland signed prrrrronto.

That’s how I saw the game as well.  The striker situation is a big worry. I’d also like to see some competition for Ralph at left back, although he had a good game today. 

Jesse Curran had a very good game today and stood up to the challenge of 2 of the better wingers in this league today. 

17 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

McCann has to explain those last 2 substitutions so we know wtf is going on. Ralph was having a good game, unless he was carrying an injury he should’ve remained on. Moussa, deary me. He’s so far out his depth it’s no real. He was dreadful today, how can he have seen out that 90 minutes. 

If he doesn’t get the striker situation sorted this window then it doesn’t bode well for his future. 

Or mine as another season of watching Moussa will take me from almost teetotal to practically drunk before kickoff to mainlining smack with my stalker guy Hearts fan 'Seeping' in some Embra drug hole.

NM's blindspot for that stumbling, bumbling moose is going to ruin a potentially very good team. This is what's insanely frustrating is that the gaffer seems to have connections and has found some gems - Sir Elton, Karl, Kamara, Caulker, if Ralph keeps improving he could be fine too, and there are others who look good and/or are showing improvement.

I can't believe I'm about to ask a question I asked fairly early on last year, how long is NM going to persist with this Tunisian carthorse??? And why does McCann love the guy so much???

Edited by CanadianDee

2 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

Or mine as another season of watching Moussa will take me from almost teetotal to practically drunk before kickoff to mainlining smack with my stalker guy Hearts fan 'Seeping' in some Embra drug hole.

NM's blindspot for that stumbling, bumbling moose is going to ruin a potentially very good team. This is what's insanely frustrating is that the gaffer seems to have connections and has found some gems - Sir Elton, Karl, Kamara, Caulker, if Ralph keeps improving he could be fine too, and there are others who look good and/or are showing improvement.

I can't be I'm about to ask a question I asked fairly early on last year, how long is NM going to persist with this Tunisian carthorse??? And why does McCann love the guy so much???

I can only think he’s sticking by him because it’s one of his signings. 

I'd be giving Ayr an open cheque book, and Leyton Orient (Bonne) and telling Sam Jones he's a striker, whether he thinks he is or not. Then firing Moussa into the sea. Or pretending to Leyton Orient he's the bruiser of a striker they need.

8 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

And that is a chief reason why he is a bad manager. An inability to see anything other than his way. Which is losing.

He seems unable to learn or unable to care. Either is a problem.

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Well you're right probably because that is common in football when a new manager comes in they want to clear out all remnants of the last manager(and sometimes they wield an axe when they only need a pair of scissors to do that) and put their stamp on the team with their own signings, but at some point don't you just have to see what's straight in front of your eyes whether he's your signing or not- Moussa is killing this team, my eyeballs, and my liver.

Make it stop McCann, please...

6 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

Well you're right probably because that is common in football when a new manager comes in they want to clear out all remnants of the last manager(and sometimes they wield an axe when they only need a pair of scissors to do that) and put their stamp on the team with their own signings, but at some point don't you just have to see what's straight in front of your eyes whether he's your signing or not- Moussa is killing this team, my eyeballs, and my liver.

Make it stop McCann, please...

It’s certainly getting frustrating now. We’re a striker away from being a pretty decent team. 

Feeling more positive after today because of the performances of Ralph and Nabi. 

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Noticed Keyes was at the game today. Hopefully brought his cheque book!

He was at St Mirren as well.

Quitongo, Shankland, Bonne and Jones in. Moussa in the sea, Mendy in the bin, Wighton in the reserves (For now).

Thank you.

Just now, Chewing Taffies said:

We should have played Caulker up front instead of Moussa today. And I am not even fucking joking!

I was having a debate with my mate at the game about that. Legitimately, what would Caulker not have brought to the team that Moussa did? Literally any of our CH's would have been a better option than Moussa.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I was having a debate with my mate at the game about that. Legitimately, what would Caulker not have brought to the team that Moussa did? Literally any of our CH's would have been a better option than Moussa.

He would have least caused the Aberdeen defence problems in the air all day. Moussa literally offered nothing today.