All things Dundee FC

With potential players being there on Saturday we just need to hope we haven't scared them away although at times we looked promising and maybe an attractive prospect for a poacher.

I see a signing tomorrow. There simply has to be. The ball is firmly at McCanns feet.  Let's see if he can plant one Airdrie style and sign that last player we so desperately need.

57 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

McCann is actually losing us points now through playing Moussa.

Get him to f**k McCann or it could cost you your job. Imagine losing your job because of Moussa, deary me.

We have a good team this year apart from him. 

Thank you.

It’s going to cost us support as well.  When I bought my season ticket I never thought for a moment Moussa would still be a first team regular.   Really don’t think I can bring myself to fork out for the privilege of watching Moussa struggle against Ayr.  Sorry but I really am that fed up of watching him.

that "effort" infront of the Bobby Cox was eye bleeding stuff. yet he still stayed on!

They didn’t show the first half one on the BBC highlights which was a far bigger howler.
Came perfectly to him on his right foot about 15 yds out and also ended in row z.
Overhit passes getting more and more spectacular also.

Just now, dd23 said:

They didn’t show the first half one on the BBC highlights which was a far bigger howler.
Came perfectly to him on his right foot about 15 yds out and also ended in row z.

NM has to bring in at least two strikers before the end of the window or constantly playing moussa will cost him his job and that is a fact

Was shocking! he had enough time to take 7 touches, light up a joint, give Mendy a blow back, scratch his arse and still get a shot on target but no what does he do swing his big stupid foot at it a sky the tits right off of it.......embarrassing really.

McCann in the paper saying he is getting priced out of getting any strikers down south..

I hope that is a ploy to try and get more money from the board because if we don’t improve the striker situation we’ll have a long hard slog this year.

A decent finisher is the difference between (relative) comfort and another relegation fight.

Another observation from Saturday:

I noted it during the game but having watched the highlights back it's confirmed it.  

Dundee were very direct on Saturday. The highlights show that nearly every chance created came from a direct ball to Moussa.

I thought it was very evident that they'd been working on it and shows that McCann isn't drilling into his players the MUST ALWAYS play out from the back. It was being used as a stick to beat McCann with last week after Hamiltons mistake but there's no way he's asking players to take risks like that - it comes down to in game management - and I think Saturday proved that. 

It's a good thing too, as it gives us options, not only when the "tippy tappy rubbish" isn't working but as a genuine gameplan from the start of games. 

1 minute ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Another observation from Saturday:

I noted it during the game but having watched the highlights back it's confirmed it.  

Dundee were very direct on Saturday. The highlights show that nearly every chance created came from a direct ball to Moussa.

I thought it was very evident that they'd been working on it and shows that McCann isn't drilling into his players the MUST ALWAYS play out from the back. It was being used as a stick to beat McCann with last week after Hamiltons mistake but there's no way he's asking players to take risks like that - it comes down to in game management - and I think Saturday proved that. 

It's a good thing too, as it gives us options, not only when the "tippy tappy rubbish" isn't working but as a genuine gameplan from the start of games. 

He actually gave an interview in pre-season about how he wanted much more urgency when we had the ball and pretty much saying that players shouldn't take too many touches. Meekings, for all the shite I give him for his Herbalife pish (which I think is still something that needs to be addressed), has been very good on the ball in the last couple of games and always made effort to make his pass early on.

The decision making did deteriorate a bit towards the end of the St Mirren game but for the first 70 minutes or so, we were very direct with Mendy catching them with pace a few times and playing the game at a good pace. The goal was just poor individual decision making from Hamilton.

I think we're getting there if we keep the heads up and then bring in a couple of forwards before the end of the window. The worst thing to do would be to lose the head and panic right now.

Just seen the highlights there. Moussa is actually no bad at the build up play but he’s a shite goal scorer. Noticed the fans on his back nearly every time he fucked up. Not having a go but if moussa is starting surely it’s better to encourage him rather than getting on his back. If we get another striker in then he has to be dropped I agree.

8 minutes ago, Ylf said:

Just seen the highlights there. Moussa is actually no bad at the build up play but he’s a shite goal scorer. Noticed the fans on his back nearly every time he fucked up. Not having a go but if moussa is starting surely it’s better to encourage him rather than getting on his back. If we get another striker in then he has to be dropped I agree.

This is in no way a dig at you but watch the whole game. His link up play was pish and the game continually broke down around him. Enough’s enough. He’s been given chance after chance and forgiven for some many f**k ups but time has now run out on that imo. He has to produce from now on in.  

I’m fully expecting the signing emoji up on the official twitter feed by tomorrow afternoon at the latest announcing a striker or I’ll be one seriously pissed off laddie. 

This is in no way a dig at you but watch the whole game. His link up play was pish and the game continually broke down around him. Enough’s enough. He’s been given chance after chance and forgiven for some many f**k ups but time has now run out on that imo. He has to produce from now on in.  
I’m fully expecting the signing emoji up on the official twitter feed by tomorrow afternoon at the latest announcing a striker or I’ll be one seriously pissed off laddie. 
I actually thought his linked up play was quite good. Doubting my sanity after reading some things on here [emoji58]

He does hold the ball up well, especially with his back to goal because he's too strong for defenders to bully. His distribution is poor though, not in picking the right pass, but because he has no touch and he tends to over/underhit the pass. He's useless in front of goal though, so as much as he's a handful to deal with physically for any defender 1v1, the whole package simply isn't good enough. If he put away half of the chances he wastes then he'd be a 15-20 goal a season striker and you could completely overlook his other shortcomings, but as it is, despite being the only player up the park who can hold up play he's costing us results and points with his complete inability to put the ball in the net. 

If only we could combine the better aspects of both Moussa and Haber into one player :angry:

It's probably worth bearing in mind that our inability to score isn't entirely a Moussa problem though. He's the most glaring example, but so far this season Mendy has missed a load of sitters too, and last season Roarie Deacon seemed to fluff at least one clear cut opportunity every match he played. It's a wider problem than just the big man.

23 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

It's probably worth bearing in mind that our inability to score isn't entirely a Moussa problem though. He's the most glaring example, but so far this season Mendy has missed a load of sitters too, and last season Roarie Deacon seemed to fluff at least one clear cut opportunity every match he played. It's a wider problem than just the big man.

Do we still have a coach for the strikers or does McCann do that too? I know it was Wallace a while ago but I'm assuming he's retired now...

52 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

So much for me thinking that your avatar was a picture of you... :lol:

Shares were issued on Friday raising circa 500k working capital for the club.
Assuming that's part of what Keyes was over for, along with the stadium and showing his wife around the highlands. 

This from Company House?