All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, kevthedee said:
17 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:
Sam jones has rejected us according to the Sun online. Great

Wages??

Should have guessed that by NMs comments about the budget. It's a joke tbh that we still haven't replaced a striker that left 2 years ago

Should have guessed that by NMs comments about the budget. It's a joke tbh that we still haven't replaced a striker that left 2 years ago

If wages are the stumbling block I’m not sure what we can do in this regard? If people are asking for money more than we can afford what is mccann supposed to do?

1 minute ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

If wages are the stumbling block I’m not sure what we can do in this regard? If people are asking for money more than we can afford what is mccann supposed to do?

Not saying its NMs fault in anyway about the wages but the inability to sign a decent striker after he's had 3 whole transfer windows is criminal imo

It's an utter joke that we've allowed ourselves to become so desperate when the problems have been clear for so long. Waiting for the right player makes absolutely no sense when you're 'waiting' until 2 weeks before the transfer window closes. How can you tell someone's the right player when they won't have had time to be properly assessed? 

We're going to end up throwing stupid money to sign the likes of Shankland or end up paying far too much in wages for someone who'll know that we have no other option. It's absolutely McCann's fault for leaving it this late and I'm seething tbh.

Edited by Louis Litt

If the money isn’t there then there’s f**k all we can do about it.
Do we blame McCann for poor recruitment? Probably, but he has brought in some good players so his eye for player clearly isn’t terrible (Moussa aside).
Do we blame Hartley for poor recruitment and ridiculous contract policy? Yes but that’s done and we can’t go back in time.
Do we blame the board for not being ‘cute’ enough with their dealings? Maybe, although they seem to have run a tight ship transfer wise but we have no idea the salaries being paid.

To sum up multiple people near some responsibility for the situation we are in. But we can only piss with the cock we’ve got. If the money isn’t there we can’t spend it. If the perceived quality / value isn’t there (or we can’t find it), we can’t magic it out of thin air.

There are things McCann can try (I’d prefer he did this preseason but hey ho); Deacon as a striker? Not sure if we tried it last season but could be worth a go. The young lads...? If we get no joy from Moussa and Mendy then I see no harm in giving Henvey, Lambert, Scott etc a run out. Also the new young French (I think) boy.

I know it’s a bit champ man but if we can’t bring someone in for financial reasons then we’ll just have to work with what we have.

* enormous caveat - ideal world I’d like the board to get down the back of the sofa and find extra money for someone good.

Manage. That's what he's paid to do. And stop wasting parts of the budget on midfielders .. when we can t move for the fekers

4 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:
43 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Manage. That's what he's paid to do. And stop wasting parts of the budget on midfielders .. when we can t move for the fekers

Which of the signings this summer were a waste of the budget given how many players have left the squad?

IMO, he's managed the squad pretty well over the summer. A player not agreeing personal terms isn't exactly earth shattering - it happens all the time.

A striker will come in, I don't think for a second we'll finish August with only Mendy and Moussa as first team strikers. 

Which of the signings this summer were a waste of the budget given how many players have left the squad?

IMO, he's managed the squad pretty well over the summer. A player not agreeing personal terms isn't exactly earth shattering - it happens all the time.

A striker will come in, I don't think for a second we'll finish August with only Mendy and Moussa as first team strikers. 

I could name a few who look like a waste of budget but won't. It's too early for that. My point is if you have a £10,000 budget to install a new kitchen, you spend £10,000 on granite worktops and gold plated taps and fukin complain you have no money left to buy wall units.

That is my point