All things Dundee FC

What a fucking joke. The police are paid to police the match - the clue is in the name. They should be arresting and dealing with anyone who enters or attempts to enter the pitch rather than punishing the rest of us.

Spot on. They don't want to do anything, so why the f**k are we shelling out thousands of pounds for them? So they can stroll around in the sunshine and watch the match, and have an easy life? They are a fucking joke.

The Derry makes home games feel like away games, the atmosphere in there is second to none! I sadly fear that this may be the end to that, here's me thinking they were trying to attract more fans to games not push them away.

Going on to the pitch is a no, but punish the few not the many!

Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong but is it not that the powers that be (whomever it is that issues our safety certificate) are trying more to target the surge of spectators rather than a few boys on the pitch?

After the game on Wednesday I do recall the club making specific mention of a steward and/or fans injured due to this?

To aid this it seems that they want to have everyone sticking to allocated seating and by default will split up a fair bit of the boys who sit closest to the shankly.

None of what they are doing will stop anyone getting on the pitch if they really want to.

It will by and large stop the movement of fans in that corner and at the front of the derry.

I'd expect that over the summer the club will install barriers right around the Derry to create space around the seating areas much the same as you would get anywhere else in the ground, rather than the open spaces that people can run about in.

ETA:

It seems that from the smelltic game the Derry will be at least partially sanitised.

The end of an era.

Edited by rodallegabombs

Looked like a lot more people on the pitch from the Coxy on at least the first half goals.

Really? 2 or 3 tops i would say, not that it matters. With marginally better stewarding that can be stopped in the coxy and no one is in much danger of getting hurt from that trickle.

No steward can (nor should even try) to stop a hundred plus strong Derry tsunami. I love it but it is dangerous and you simply will not get away with it in the modern day.

This measure is not just due to the Derby - it's been planned and coming all season. We have given the board the perfect excuse to trot it out and make it look like its out of their hands (which tbf it is now) which will save the board any potential backlash.

I'm not just speculating here - this is fact.

Guess I'll have to move seats then, bit of a joke. The only thing I found a bit annoying about the derby was barely being able to see anything due to everyone standing on the chairs. It does seem over the top to close the whole area and only allow season ticket holders in though.

Guess I'll have to move seats then, bit of a joke. The only thing I found a bit annoying about the derby was barely being able to see anything due to everyone standing on the chairs. It does seem over the top to close the whole area and only allow season ticket holders in though.

Its that or the derry would have been shut to everyone

Cant understand some of the comments about this blaming the police/stewards/the club etc for what has happend maybe the blame should go to the clowns who have cost dundee a good sum of money and will cost us more this summer

http://www.sportschau.de/fussball/international/videofcdundeegegendundeeuniteddasfriedlichederby100.html

Come across this bizzare wee German documentary about Tomas Konrad and the Dundee derby. Not a clue what it's saying but it's got some great footage of Wednesday's game.

Basically it speaks about the derby in particular and makes quite a bit about the teams being from the same city, even the same street, but despite that they have their own stadiums. My rudimentary German translates the text under the Video as " It is a totally Special Derby; when the players from Dundee United stroll the 50 metres from their own stadium to that of their of their local rivals Dundee FC they don't have to run any gauntlet then the derby in the east Scottish city can be classed as the tamest in the World" Obviously this is a literal translation but although they make a lot about the geographical closeness of the clubs there is a bit about the passion of the fans. They give some details about Konrad's early years in the game and say that from being an unknown in his own country playing in the fifth tier he has moved to the top division in Scotland. I find Thomas's comments harder to follow but in essence he also mentions the passion the fans show at Derby time and says that even when he first arrived in the city the taxi drivers, people in restaurants etc would tell him how important it was to win against their local rivals. He also mention the difference between playing in the regional leagues back home and playing in front of 40,000 at Celtic park. United's Goalies blunder for the first goal in the Derby is commented on as "supporting the cliche of "British" goalkeepers". The piece ends up, as you probably guessed, with fans of both clubs together commenting on the fact that the rivalry is generally left in the stadium

Cant understand some of the comments about this blaming the police/stewards/the club etc for what has happend maybe the blame should go to the clowns who have cost dundee a good sum of money and will cost us more this summer

I'm not blaming plod for what happened, but they could start by getting everybody down from standing on the seats.