All things Dundee FC

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I thought Kallman was our best player today, always made himself available.

I thought he had a brilliant first half , ran himself into ground , easily the best he’s looked , but looked really tired in the second half and I was not surprised when he had to go off totally knackered and not really able to offer anything , looking forward to more performances like this from him , 

Having Ralph at LB makes a huge difference. Not for his individual performance which was good, but having him out the side and no LB cover meant it affected 3 other players playing out of position. Not surprised we look better having everyone in the correct place. Feel we are still weak down the right. Deacon returning will make a difference. Hopefully McIntyre keeps the same defence now and with Curran and C.Miller getting played further forward I would hope to see better service for Kallman and Miller who can (hopefully) start scoring. Assume Ngwatala and Madianga are out of favour with McIntyre? I would have had both of them on the pitch yesterday before Nabi and Moussa.

Moussa was once again utterly brutal.  Doesn’t know when or where to run and can’t hit the ball on target either.  Kind of key elements required to be even a half decent striker.  I still don’t see why it’s thought he holds up the ball well for other players.

It must be so disheartening for any youth player hoping to break into the team seeing Moussa being picked every week.

f**k RB Leipzig. Absolute Franchise outfit.

Apparently yesterday we looked pretty good or did I dream that?

Thank you.

We did look good in the first half but I’m not sure if that’s just because St Mirren are also shite and that made us look good. Second half was much more even.

Looked much better with Ralph at left back and C Miller further forward (I presume he must have been injured to have been taken off, can't believe it was tactical), and Woods gave a bit of dig in midfield (although, to be fair, I think Mandianga could do the same kind of job in there). Still the same old problem - lots of decent play, created some openings and put them under pressure for spells of the game, but couldn't convert chances. So frustrating to watch as the final pass was misplaced, or a cross hit the first defender, or someone chose the wrong option etc etc. We still don't look like we could take points off anyone other than the teams we already have, so more improvement is still needed. However, it was a weird feeling leaving Dens without losing and having watched a decent performance (for the most part).

5 goal humping from Hibs incoming...

To give McIntyre his due, despite his appalling subs and despite it only being St Mirren that's the first game I've attended where Dundee have actually produced some form of entertainment and excitement in about 18 month.

20 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

How was woods in his first start?

Thought he did OK in open play, but his insistence on taking every corner or free kick was ridiculous, his delivery was appalling, but thats normal for us sadly.

Haber back in January would be a better rotation option for Kallman than Moussa is based on  the style of play McIntyre seems to be going for.

I could easily see him, Waddell and Vincent becoming important players for us when the window reopens. Not due to him or Vincent being of great quality, far from it, just more to do with the style McIntyre seems to be trying to implement.

Dunfermline played Falkirk at the weekend, I looked at the starting lineups and El Bakh, Vincent and Haber were all benched. I dont know if thats normal or not, but its not a great sign for any of them succeeding at the Premiership level.

3 minutes ago, srw said:

Dunfermline played Falkirk at the weekend, I looked at the starting lineups and El Bakh, Vincent and Haber were all benched. I dont know if thats normal or not, but its not a great sign for any of them succeeding at the Premiership level.

I don't think their loan performances should be the be all and end all. For example, Haber in particular sounds like he's having an absolute torrid time but equally, he played a massive part in keeping us up a few year ago and different managers have different styles.

That's the sort of thing that'll be our options to manoeuvre.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Haber back in January would be a better rotation option for Kallman than Moussa is based on  the style of play McIntyre seems to be going for.

I could easily see him, Waddell and Vincent becoming important players for us when the window reopens. Not due to him or Vincent being of great quality, far from it, just more to do with the style McIntyre seems to be trying to implement.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't think their loan performances should be the be all and end all. For example, Haber in particular sounds like he's having an absolute torrid time but equally, he played a massive part in keeping us up a few year ago and different managers have different styles.

That's the sort of thing that'll be our options to manoeuvre.

Ludos reached the bargaining stage, I see.

There was a definite improvement at the Motherwell game too. I’d say had Kallman played we may well have got a draw. McIntyre has had a good look at the squad now and hopefully he’s seen that Moussa is absolutely honking. Kallman had put in a hell of a shift on Saturday and was no doubt tiring, the manager has been left with very few options. Having seen Motherwell, and after the pasting they took yesterday (albeit after a ridiculous red card) they are by no means guaranteed to be safe. I feel we can possibly survive.

If we can stay up this season then bin alot of the trash whose contracts will be up then i think next season could finally be a decent one with McIntyre recruiting.

Moussa may well be the worst football player I've seen considering the amount of times he has played. Usually terrible players you only see in a few games but this man has been continually laughable for over a year now.

Thank you.

My emotional range for Moussa has been something else:

- "Who da fook is that guy?" upon signing him. He played for Tromsø though, they're kinda decent.
- Immediate skepticism at his immediate scoring rush. Scoring a hat-trick against an awful Cowdenbeath side isn't that impressive at all.
- Disappointment at the confirmation that he was in fact shite, though a thin veil of smugness prevailed.
- Sheer fury at McCann's insistence that he was our #1 striker, leading to week after week of embarrassing displays and f**k ups.
- Rare bursts of total joy when he did anything good last season. The belter of a header he had for the late winner against St Johnstone last season sticks out in my mind.
- Relief at the decline of his play this season (though tbf nothing has improved)
- Masochistic laughter any time he gets on the pitch and attempts to f**k up even in the most hopeless situations.

Fair to say, after he finally leaves the club, I'll struggle to forget him.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

If we can stay up this season then bin alot of the trash whose contracts will be up then i think next season could finally be a decent one with McIntyre recruiting.

Moussa may well be the worst football player I've seen considering the amount of times he has played. Usually terrible players you only see in a few games but this man has been continually laughable for over a year now.

Thank you.

Very valid point.  I asked months ago if there had ever been a worse striker at Dens and a few names were quite rightly mentioned.

Did any of them play as often as Moussa?

McCann’s insistence on playing Moussa made as much sense as his insistence that it would be a good idea to play the ball out from the back!