All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Attacking someone with a baseball bat AT A WEDDING!

Just imagine you’re getting ready. Suit check, shirt check, tie check, wallet check, ching check, condoms check an baseball bat, check.

I remember that when it happened, we reported it as him being a nice boy and he was being applauded for 'assisting police with their inquiries'. Pretty sure he went to the press to laud himself for being so heroic as well :lol:

There was a bit of shock as Hartley completely binned him but we all found out how serious it was soon after. He was lucky he wasn't facing a murder charge.

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Is he much of a player anyway? I thought he was only well known because he walked out on Sevco when Rangers died. 

Seems to have had a fair few clubs and he's only 27, which is never really an encouraging sign.

11 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Apparently Dundee have made an offer for Michael Tidser at Morton. Not sure if its a PCA since he's out of contract in the summer or if you're trying to get him just now. Would be gutted for him to leave us especially just now. 

Think he'd be good enough for this level at this stage in his career? Remember him being mentioned years ago and think he knocked Hartley back so we got Stephen McGinn instead.

Apparently Dundee have made an offer for Michael Tidser at Morton. Not sure if its a PCA since he's out of contract in the summer or if you're trying to get him just now. Would be gutted for him to leave us especially just now. 
I remember he was very highly regarded a few years ago. Is he still capable of playing in the top league?

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

Think he'd be good enough for this level at this stage in his career? Remember him being mentioned years ago and think he knocked Hartley back so we got Stephen McGinn instead.

Doesn't have much pace but gives 100% every week. He's best playing at the front of a midfield 3. Think he'd be fine for the level above. 

2 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Doesn't have much pace but gives 100% every week. He's best playing at the front of a midfield 3. Think he'd be fine for the level above. 

That kind of fits in with what we're needing - we've got a lot of passengers so I think McIntyre is trying to get players who can graft in to get us out of the shitfest.

Not really much use to us unless he comes in now so I imagine we'll be trying to come to an arrangement and have just initiated the talks now because the contract situation means we can - half wonder if we're maybe going to try and use recalling Waddell as a bargaining chip and one of the unwanted players.

56 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I can't find it off hand, but he was in a position of strength originally as he was obviously one of the bright spots in our team so he rejected our first offer as his agent wanted a significant pay out.

Then his 'incident' happened and we offered massively reduced terms and then Scot Gardiner pulled that deal off the table completely. Gallagher then had a big rant online saying how he'd been shafted by the club as he left, then the truth of what he'd done came out.

Yes, he would 100% be good enough at this stage! As long as he is played in the middle of the park he’s by far one of the best in our league and can easily make the step up. He isn’t blessed with pace but he is as fit as they come, his range of passing is sublime, he just pings it about effortlessly. The problem with JJ is that he doesn’t use him in his correct position, McKinnon did and he just bossed games and breezed thru them. I’ll be absolutely gutted if he does go, he’s by far our most gifted player and for me we should be throwing everything at him to stay.