All things Dundee FC

Gregg Wylde has just left Plymouth. Left winger?
its a no from me. a player that clearly had talent but has never realised it despite a host of opportunities. clearly theres some underlying issue with him. attitude perhaps? was surprised to see hes only 27 though. thought he would be older

Gregg Wylde has just left Plymouth. Left winger?

its a no from me. a player that clearly had talent but has never realised it despite a host of opportunities. clearly theres some underlying issue with him. attitude perhaps? was surprised to see hes only 27 though. thought he would be older

The Plymouth fans forum had nothing but good things to say about him and that he was an odd signing in the first place as Adams didn’t use wingers so he never had a chance

18 hours ago, Dee-funked said:

Andrew Davies has left Hartlepool, contract cancelled by mutual consent.

He's barely played due to injuries this season.  Even in his last season at County, he only trained part time.  He's a terrific player - or was - but I can't imagine Dundee would want a guy who hardly plays.  A fully fit Andrew Davies, even at 34, would be an outrageous improvement on your current centre backs.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He's barely played due to injuries this season.  Even in his last season at County, he only trained part time.  He's a terrific player - or was - but I can't imagine Dundee would want a guy who hardly plays.  A fully fit Andrew Davies, even at 34, would be an outrageous improvement on your current centre backs.

Being reported in Hartlepool that he's set to take up a player-coach role with us.

Just now, Dee-funked said:

Being reported in Hartlepool that he's set to take up a player-coach role with us.

That makes a bit of sense, I guess.  I have no idea what his coaching qualifications are, but he certainly knows how to defend.

28 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That makes a bit of sense, I guess.  I have no idea what his coaching qualifications are, but he certainly knows how to defend.

Darren O'Dea and Andrew Davies. The slowest, angriest and dirtiest back line in the league.

3 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Swap Quinn for Davies.

McPake is the American's man. He's taken over Jimmy Boyle's role and is now our head of youth, under 18s manager and our American ambassador every summer. Wouldn't surprise me to maybe see Davies take on the U18s role along with O'Dea (if he stays).

In other news - I'm sure some are aware but McPake appointed Gary Irvine and Kevin McNaughton into various roles relating to the youth team earlier in the season.

ETA: Davies might also be an unofficial assistant manager alongside Boyle.

Edited by Ludo*1
To add more info.

McPake is the American's man. He's taken over Jimmy Boyle's role and is now our head of youth, under 18s manager and our American ambassador every summer. Wouldn't surprise me to maybe see Davies take on the U18s role along with O'Dea (if he stays).
In other news - I'm sure some are aware but McPake appointed Gary Irvine and Kevin McNaughton into various roles relating to the youth team earlier in the season.
ETA: Davies might also be an unofficial assistant manager alongside Boyle.

Didn’t know about Irvine and McNaughton. I see the later is now playing for Kirrie Thistle - I’m sure there were people on here saying he’d be a decent signing for us last season[emoji23]

Didn’t know about Irvine and McNaughton. I see the later is now playing for Kirrie Thistle - I’m sure there were people on here saying he’d be a decent signing for us last season[emoji23]

Yeah I’ve seen McNaughton training possibly the 15’s or 16’s up in Forfar quite a few times. Also I’m pretty sure he can’t even last the full 90 at Kirrie due to his knees.

Some signing that would of been eh?

I heard Gallagher turned down a new contract at Dundee 3 times to come to Livi in the lower leagues, doubt any of our players will be having anything to do with Dundee with Dec there telling them how much better it is at Livi.
From my understanding, Dundee refused to renew his contract because he had a serious assault charge - made McGowan's look like handbags - the one he ended up getting jailed for.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
12 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:
I heard Gallagher turned down a new contract at Dundee 3 times to come to Livi in the lower leagues, doubt any of our players will be having anything to do with Dundee with Dec there telling them how much better it is at Livi.

From my understanding, Dundee refused to renew his contract because he had a serious assault charge - made McGowan's look like handbags - the one he ended up getting jailed for.

Aye, got jailed for 2yrs I think it was for attacking someone with a baseball bat. The club basically washed their hands of him.

Yeah I’ve seen McNaughton training possibly the 15’s or 16’s up in Forfar quite a few times. Also I’m pretty sure he can’t even last the full 90 at Kirrie due to his knees.

Some signing that would of been eh?

Still probably wouldn’t have been McCann’s worst signing[emoji23]

13 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You heard wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

Derek Adams has said Gregg Wylde is about to sign for a Scottish Premiership club, didn't name them though.

Livingston

Aye, got jailed for 2yrs I think it was for attacking someone with a baseball bat. The club basically washed their hands of him.

Attacking someone with a baseball bat AT A WEDDING!

Just imagine you’re getting ready. Suit check, shirt check, tie check, wallet check, ching check, condoms check an baseball bat, check.