All things Dundee FC

Don't think anyone is saying he's pish, just he looks fairly average and unfit. CM is decent enough with Thomson and McAlister.

I wouldn't be against keeping him as when at full fitness we could see a top player but at the moment he doesn't seem all that better than what we already have.

Another way of looking at it is that even half fit he has strolled the premiership midfield this season, including bossing a midfield we usually struggle with against utd.

I agree we've not seen the best of him but I wouldn't mind seeing it after a pre-season at dens.

ETA I love jimmy Mac and hope he is signed again but he's nowhere near the same ability as mcginn for me.

Edited by Deefiant

Another way of looking at it is that even half fit he has strolled the premiership midfield this season, including bossing a midfield we usually struggle with against utd.

I agree we've not seen the best of him but I wouldn't mind seeing it after a pre-season at dens.

ETA I love jimmy Mac and hope he is signed again but he's nowhere near the same ability as mcginn for me.

Agree. Last Saturday at St Johnstone he look shattered and disinterested but to be fair alot of the team did.

Don't think anyone is saying he's pish, just he looks fairly average and unfit. CM is decent enough with Thomson and McAlister.

I wouldn't be against keeping him as when at full fitness we could see a top player but at the moment he doesn't seem all that better than what we already have.

That's pretty much my thinking on him. Seen flashes of a very very good player. Saying that, I appreciate he'd spent a fair period of time out injured, iirc, prior to coming to Dens. I'd definitely like to see him after a good pre season behind him, in the dark blue obviously.

Thomson by far is our best player when fully fit, class act and has strolled pretty much every game when fit. Mcgowan is a better footballer than mcallister but he gives you a engine as does Mcgowan. Id keep Mcginn especially as we will be off loading Mcbride.

Thomson if it wasn't for injuries wouldnt be playing in Scotland.

Think S McGinn has made a big difference in the push for top 6, who would some of you boys prefer in CM? Davo, Ferry....Gadzalov???

Some people are never happy.

If everyone was fit I would have Thomson McGowan and Harkins infront of them. Not a massive fan of McAllister as he is not a great footballer but he gives you an engine which you need sometimes. So McGinn for me is 4/5th choice. As others have said though he may improve with a full pre-season under his belt

Would like to see harkins stay fit but one thing I don't miss is his laziness compared to the other 4 boys who have been mentioned. However on a good day harkins changes games.

Harkins has been busting a gut when he has played recently. A fair few times this season I have seen him chase back 40/50 yards to try and win the ball back. He's maybe been lazy in the past, but this season it's a myth IMO.

Doubt it. I only work for Dundee on a voluntary basis, but that's enough of a connection to stop me having fun bad mouthing other clubs.

C'mon Rumps; who's the worst club behind the scenes in the Premiership? Who are the biggest bunch of arseholes? Even a cryptic clue would suffice.

Would like to see harkins stay fit but one thing I don't miss is his laziness compared to the other 4 boys who have been mentioned. However on a good day harkins changes games.

Yeah but one thing we clearly miss is his creativity. Harkins is a massive player for us and if fit would be in my team every week. Without him we don't create as much in the final third imo.

Had he played in the recent derby we could have been looking at 5 or 6 he would have ripped them apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Of course I can't say who the worst are, but the best are (in random order) Aberdeen, St Mirren, Motherwell & Hibs. Queen of the South are a good club to visit too. The facilities might be basic but they're very efficient and friendly (hiya Skyline Drifter).

You might think I'm implying that the longer the trip the better is the experience. You might think that but I couldn't possibly comment. :-D

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

I couldn't possibly say who the worst are, but the best are (in random order) Aberdeen, St Mirren, Motherwell & Hibs. Queen of the South are a good club to visit too. The facilities might be basic but they're very efficient and friendly (hiya Skyline Drifter).

You might think I'm implying that the longer the trip the better is the experience. You might think that but I couldn't possibly comment. :-D

I knew those dabs across the road would be the worst ;)

A myth? This season? Rubbish.

There's times when he has been right beside a player where he just needs to put a foot in and he doesn't. Good player just a lazy bugger. Is why having players like mccalister who runs non stop and wins balls is awesome. Thomson is the main man in midfield right at this moment in time and I was the one who put his stats up about how he hadn't won a game in so many appearances.

Harkins isn't lazy, his job is to play off the front man and find space in the hole between defence and midfield. If he chases back with the midfield like you want, when we win position he isn't available in that area to take the ball because he is back defending.

Pretty sure I have also said on here before that Harkins job is not to be tracking back chasing players.

His job is to create chances for our forwards something that he has been pretty good at this season if you ask me.

How many teams have you seen mark Jmac or Davo with 2/3 players this season? The answer would be zero because they cannot hurt teams the way GGH can.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app