All things Dundee FC

49 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Dorrans 100% was training again today with the 1st team squad at the regional centre, Ness on the other hand wasn’t. 

Probably had an interview previously arranged with Amazon, currently seeking to recruit around 7000+ nationwide. 

47 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Is it just me that thinks that it'd be an utter arseache for him to have to fight to get his ideal home built in Scotland a couple of months ago, before then deciding to head down to Buckinghamshire?

From personal work experience, never a pleasant experience liaising with the local council Building Control, lol.

Dorrans maybe does require some distance after that quagmire.

I hope not, him and Charlie Adam would be extremely effective together, especially the following season in the top league.   

Regards 

Edited by This Charming Man

22 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Tbh I like Elliot and Kerr is more than good enough on the right hand side and on the left I’m happy to go with Marshall and McDaid on the left if we’re playing with a back 5 and hopefully the young lad Church from Celtic is up to standard. The 3 centrehalfs can be improved on, just not with some suggestions 🙈

I like the positivity. 

Roll on the season 

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Putting 2 & 2 together and getting 5 he’s either feeling an injury and at the physio or has been binned and is training at Dens away from the rest of the 1st team squad. 

He was in all the induction day videos for the first team at the start of the week so I'm suspecting it's the former, unfortunately!

16 minutes ago, Crawford said:

As it stands (no Adams), what is our best starting XI? Formation too. (Hint if it isn't 3-5-2 you're wrong)

Currently 

Ferrie

McGhee Forster, Ashcroft 

Elliot, Dorrans Finn McGowan, Marshall

Jakubiak Mullen 

Subs 

The under 20s keeper

Kerr

Byrne

McDaid

Cameron

Mulligan

Cunningham (think that’s the young strikers name)

Ferrie out for a new keeper and Gowser out for Adam’s. 

Edited by Yenitit

Have been hearing the Adam deal is as good as done lads.

It's sticking point is whether it's going to be 12 or 18 months.

He will become top earner at Dundee by a huge margin but a local businessman is providing the club with a soft loan to cover it and you have 3 years to pay it back so it's affordable. Not many clubs in Scotland could afford this wage without assistance apparently. 

Sure he will do well there.

Source is a guy close to the club

Edited by Mvondo_the_great

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Currently 

Ferrie

McGhee Forster, Ashcroft 

Jakubiak Mullen 

Subs 

The under 20s keeper

Kerr

Byrne

McDaid

Cameron

Mulligan

Pretty much exactly how I had it (Posted this on the Dundee forum about 2 weeks ago, apologies for the formatting):

We'll be going for a 3 at the back system IMO. We're not finished our business so the valid point that Cobra rightly brought up will be less of an issue come opening day I suspect. (I base this on the fact that ICT beat us to signing Robbie Deas who is a CH). Obviously, that's not the point of the thread and it's based on right now, but I think it'd be more interesting to look at what will be our team for the season rather than right this second but still using the players we currently have.

I'll go for:

Ferrie

Ashcroft -- Forster -- McGhee

Elliott                                                     Marshall

Dorrans McGowan Byrne

Jakubiak  ---- Mullen

I expect if we don't sign another keeper that Hamilton will start in goal, but I can't see him being number 1 for long as he's such a liability so it'll be sink or swim time for Ferrie. Robertson will be a massive player for us this season and rack up 20-odd games but he's interchangeable with any of the current 3 I put in as all 4 will make a good few appearances this season. If Ness is anywhere near fitness and not completely done as most suspect, then he's another quality addition in midfield.

We have good back-up for the wing-back positions in Cammy and McDaid (Who played his best stuff at LWB IMO even if it isn't his natural position).

A goalkeeper, a CH and a back-up striker and I think we're golden tbh.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Same formation, but Hamilton in goal (though I might as well write 'new GK' instead, considering my faith in either goalie), McDaid in the LWB position over Marshall.

Surprised at that. Thought Marshall was a shoe-in (Well, battling it out with McGhee)for PotY before he picked up his injury.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Surprised at that. Thought Marshall was a shoe-in (Well, battling it out with McGhee)for PotY before he picked up his injury.

Idk if Marshall even played in that 3-5-2 formation, so I'm currently going for McDaid as he performed well in that position going into the break. The friendlies/LC games will let us get a better idea of who is best for the position though.

45 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Idk if Marshall even played in that 3-5-2 formation, so I'm currently going for McDaid as he performed well in that position going into the break. The friendlies/LC games will let us get a better idea of who is best for the position though.

Marshall played in it against Dunfermline where 5 minutes in you could see we were going to get blown away by them but McPake decided to wait until two down to change it. 

It wasn't really Marshall's fault but I don't think he has either the pace or engine to work as a LWB. I'd rather play Kerr RWB and Christie LWB than McDaid though. I'm advocating Kerr getting on the park, that's how badly I do not want McDaid playing LWB (or at all, if possible tbh). 

13 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Currently 

Ferrie

McGhee Forster, Ashcroft 

Jakubiak Mullen 

Subs 

The under 20s keeper

Kerr

Byrne

McDaid

Cameron

Mulligan

That bench is pretty weak.

However im all for giving youth a chance.

That first team should see us get between 3rd - 5th in the league.

Edited by G_Man1985

29 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

That bench is pretty weak.

However im all for giving youth a chance.

That first team should see us get between 3rd - 5th in the league.

No sign of Ness there.

We definitely need a new keeper, another striker and another defender. Probably two strikers....