All things Dundee FC

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Let Tommy Wright appoint his own assistant rather than forcing someone on him IMO.

Give him carte blanche, allow him to erase all pictures of McCann within the building and on the Dundee website for all I care. Whatever it takes.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Give him carte blanche, allow him to erase all pictures of McCann within the building and on the Dundee website for all I care. Whatever it takes.

'Don't make me tap the sign.'

Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Let Tommy Wright appoint his own assistant rather than forcing someone on him IMO.

Ludo, with all due respect, I really do get all the concerns on P&B with yet another inexperienced appointment.

However, let's truly get Charlie Adam wired into our club. The guys network into the footballing playing market south of the border alone would be priceless.

For example, James McPake has played Jordan McGhee in a defensive role for 18 months. However we're now to believe McPake suddenly thinks we could also utilise him as a box-to-box midfielder.  Absolute shite, a certain senior 1st team member has grasped McPake's shoulders, spun him around and displayed the kind of knowledge that someone with a footballing brain can see with ease, imho.

Anyway, only time will tell if John Nelms has the ability to see and make a 'Sliding Doors' footballing decision for our football club.    

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

We stood by McPake when he was injured.  In fact we even paid for him to get his badges.  If he had even a hint of decency and love for the club he’d be knocking on Nelms’s door to work out an exit strategy that would limit the embarrassment for both of them.

Our club has gone above and beyond to look after McPake. It’s been evident for a year now it wasn’t going to work but he’s not going to walk away with what’s going on in the world right now. It’s on the club to offer him what he’s due in his contract to relieve him of the manager’s job. 

Is he always due a year’s salary if he’s sacked because of his rolling contract?

13 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Our club has gone above and beyond to look after McPake. It’s been evident for a year now it wasn’t going to work but he’s not going to walk away with what’s going on in the world right now. It’s on the club to offer him what he’s due in his contract to relieve him of the manager’s job. 

Is he always due a year’s salary if he’s sacked because of his rolling contract?

Of course, realistically I know this.  Just sticks in your throat when people thinks he loves the club - even citing the fact he pays £20 a month into the 1893 Foundation as an example of his love for the club.  He must know he’s out his depth.  If not, we are in bigger trouble than we all currently think.

As I understand it, yes his rolling contract always has a year to run.  It is not a contract that gets assessed at the end of each year (season).  Just another example of Nelms giving out over generous terms.

Edited by Shadow Play

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Of course, realistically I know this.  Just sticks in your throat when people thinks he loves the club - even citing the fact he pays £20 a month into the 1893 Foundation as an example of his love for the club.  He must know he’s out his depth.  If not, we are in bigger trouble than we all currently think.

As I understand it, yes his rolling contract always has a year to run.  It is not a contract that gets assessed at the end of each year (season).

I’d sacrifice a signing or 2 in January to fund his year’s rolling contract. I’d like to think the insurance policy and the 500k grant from the Scottish Government should see us in a position to be able to do this. 

We’ve been shite this season but right now we easily could’ve been 2nd with today and the Raith game being prime examples of at least 2 of his game changing tactical interventions this season. 

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Don't see the point in sacking him, it will just cost us.

I've said before, punt him back down to the youths. No need for a pay off.

There's a clear, easy way out with everyone's dignity remaining intact and allowing everyone to stay in a job. Egos would need to be swallowed for that to happen within the club and indeed, within some of our support and therefore it'd never happen!

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Don't see the point in sacking him, it will just cost us.

I've said before, punt him back down to the youths. No need for a pay off.

That would costs us more in the long run. I see what you’re saying but that shouldn’t happen. 

Nelms must know the discontent within the fan base has peaked now, I agree with the earlier post about the fans not being there keeping him in a job. At what point do the fans get together to voice their disapproval (maybe not literally) as it feels like it’s getting close.