All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, AllSaint said:

I’ve no issue at with him publicly celebrating Rangers title win, I’ve said as much about our players who did exactly the same. If he wants to cheer on two sides that’s his prerogative but let’s not pretend he doesn’t support both clubs. 

Nobody on here gives a monkeys what 'issues' you have with him, so give it a rest and f**k off.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Nobody on here gives a monkeys what 'issues' you have with him, so give it a rest and f**k off.

Thank you.

Thanks for your kind words my friend. I’ll take them under consideration. 

59 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

Adam is not just a supporter though, he's a footballer. I imagine he has a lot of affection for many of the clubs he played at, as do most players, when you actually play for a club you build a connection with it. John Hartson is a lifelong Swansea fan from Wales, he's obsessed with Celtic though because he spent 5 years there and became a club legend.

Yeah I guess  people can be “obsessed” with two clubs like Adam and Hartson and you’re right that it’s not a big deal. Good for him. Sounds like he had a great weekend! 

Inversneckie fan after tonights defeat:

A "new" manager trying to instil his into players who are clearly struggling with it when we don't have the time to adapt to this kind of change and he can't bring in players who can play that way.

Looks like McCann hasn't learnt his lesson. Arrogance or pure thicko, not sure what one to decide on.

Thanking you.

18 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Inversneckie fan after tonights defeat:

A "new" manager trying to instil his into players who are clearly struggling with it when we don't have the time to adapt to this kind of change and he can't bring in players who can play that way.

Looks like McCann hasn't learnt his lesson. Arrogance or pure thicko, not sure what one to decide on.

Thanking you.

Either way the results are decent for us, time for us to kick on and a big statement should be made against Arbroath so that the rest of the league stops looking forward to playing us at the very least

I'm not really sure that's McCann's fault. It was flagged up by myself (and others) that McCann and Robertson do not share the same footballing philosophy and giving him the job was an absolutely crazy thing to do due to the time constraints. 

I highly doubt McCann would have been interested if he was told "just keep playing like Robertson does". 

17 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Either way the results are decent for us, time for us to kick on and a big statement should be made against Arbroath so that the rest of the league stops looking forward to playing us at the very least

We'll beat Arbroath at home, I've absolutely no doubts. I still expect us to make the play offs even with McPake, simply due to the players he has; talk of relegation is silly. 2nd, 3rd or 4th is not acceptable though as dictated by the target of the club.

The problem is we don't have a chance in the play offs with McPake, it's as simple as that. Then we're staring down the barrel of another season of shite. I think he'll be sacked around November from our incompetent board.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not really sure that's McCann's fault. It was flagged up by myself (and others) that McCann and Robertson do not share the same footballing philosophy and giving him the job was an absolutely crazy thing to do due to the time constraints. 

I highly doubt McCann would have been interested if he was told "just keep playing like Robertson does". 

Very true, the board at Inverness probably didn't expect him to try and change the brand of football for the last month of the season with a squad that isn't his though.

Asking players to do something that they simply can't do is absolutely woeful management. It doesn't matter if the philosophy is 'correct' or not.

Thank you.

So lads, who remembers the details of Jack Hendry's sell-on clause we were going on about a wee while back?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-celtic-transfer-edouard-20014439

I'll - and let me stress this - believe it when I see it happen, but even if the clause was just 10% of profits then that'd be £850k.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

19 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So lads, who remembers the details of Jack Hendry's sell-on clause we were going on about a wee while back?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-celtic-transfer-edouard-20014439

I'll - and let me stress this - believe it when I see it happen, but even if the clause was just 10% of profits then that'd be £850k.

Even if that was the case we’d probably just spunk it up against the wall buying mcpake out his contract and appoint billy dodds or something as a player manager 

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

We'll beat Arbroath at home, I've absolutely no doubts. I still expect us to make the play offs even with McPake, simply due to the players he has; talk of relegation is silly. 2nd, 3rd or 4th is not acceptable though as dictated by the target of the club.

The problem is we don't have a chance in the play offs with McPake, it's as simple as that. Then we're staring down the barrel of another season of shite. I think he'll be sacked around November from our incompetent board.

**rushes to window to put money on Arbroath to cover**