All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The first two would be on, at least, £20k a week last season, while the 3rd couldn't get a game for Morton.

Wild.

Wild indeed.

Maybe they were on 20k plus a week, I guess you or I will never really know, as you are just guessing. But I do know they are getting paid f**k all per week now.

51 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Just a quick look on Transfer Market, although there are some fairly obvious ones we couldn't afford the wages of, here are some out of club potentials...

Jerome Sinclair

Connor Wickham

Kazakh Sterling 

Bearing in mind we’ll probably be playing around £1500 per week wages. Conor Wickham appears to be on 50k per week last season, that’s even out with the dabs wage bill and Sinclair 20k per week.  I don’t know and can’t find anything on Kazakh Sterling 🤷🏼‍♂️ I think you’re maybe being a tad ambitious, nothing wrong in that. 

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Wild indeed.

Maybe they were on 20k plus a week, I guess you or I will never really know, as you are just guessing. But I do know they are getting paid f**k all per week now.

They were absolutely both on 7 figures annual salary, one way or another. Sheffield Wednesday couldn't afford to loan Wickham last season as they could only offer £12k a week, reported to be 30% of his weekly wage FFS. They could both retire today and be set for life, and both will stroll into £10k a week plus jobs in the Championship or abroad.

Moaning about Ciftci/Sheridan is understandable. Moaning because you're not signing players on EPL wages is mental.

The last time Sheridan was any good was 1 season in the Cyprus league and 1 season in polish league , not sure what that says about the quality of the striker or the opposition 

hardly gives me a tickly pickle though 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They were absolutely both on 7 figures annual salary, one way or another. Sheffield Wednesday couldn't afford to loan Wickham last season as they could only offer £12k a week, reported to be 30% of his weekly wage FFS. They could both retire today and be set for life, and both will stroll into £10k a week plus jobs in the Championship or abroad.

Moaning about Ciftci/Sheridan is understandable. Moaning because you're not signing players on EPL wages is mental.

You really are not getting what I am saying.

I am just highlighting that there are better players than those mentioned, that are unattached. Those 3 were just an example, after a quick look. I really don't like suggesting any players as I find it pointless, as I have no effect on the players we sign. It's not like I am going to email the club with a list, like someone we know.

Plus you are forgetting, we pay what we want.

18 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Kazakh Sterling

Sorry, spell check! I meant Kazaiah Sterling, but forgot he played for Morten last season and was shite.

As I have been trying to explain to Random, I did next to no research.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I am just highlighting that there are better players than those mentioned, that are unattached.

Yes, Messi is unattached too, how embarrassing you signed McCowan.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, Messi is unattached too, how embarrassing you signed McCowan.

Messi is finished at this level, mcCowan is where it’s at 2 (bounce) games 3 goals via Forfar and 2 at Hamilton(allegedly)

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

I am just highlighting that there are better players than those mentioned, that are unattached. Those 3 were just an example, after a quick look. I really don't like suggesting any players as I find it pointless, as I have no effect on the players we sign. It's not like I am going to email the club with a list, like someone we know.

Plus you are forgetting, we pay what we want.

Sorry, spell check! I meant Kazaiah Sterling, but forgot he played for Morten last season and was shite.

As I have been trying to explain to Random, I did next to no research.

I’m getting what you are saying. I was wondering if you had examples of who were better. I was meaning available and affordable tho! If it was any budget I’d be demanding Mr Messi!

For the record the club won’t be signing or paying attention to the 2 of us regarding transfers. 

Edited to say I wasn’t being a smart arse about the spelling error. I’ve never heard of the boy and google never threw up any alternatives. Raheem’s the only Sterling football player I’ve heard of. 

Edited by Yenitit

9 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I’m getting what you are saying. I was wondering if you had examples of who were better. I was meaning available and affordable tho! If it was any budget I’d be demanding Mr Messi!

For the record the club won’t be signing or paying attention to the 2 of us regarding transfers. 

I just didn't think it was beyond the realms of possibility getting in players released from Crystal Palace or Watford.

But you are correct, I just wish the rumours were different to Sheridan or Shift Key.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

I just didn't think it was beyond the realms of possibility getting in players released from Crystal Palace or Watford.

But you are correct, I just wish the rumours were different to Sheridan or Shift Key.

Sign the pair of them, a right back, a centrehalf and a back up keeper and we’re good to go 👍

I think people are being a bit harsh on Sheridan, go and have a look on YouTube  at the type of finishes he has. If we are to play with 2 wingers in McMullan and McCowan next season he could be the perfect foil for them and us up front. I always wanted us to go in for him when I saw him playing early in his career for St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. His name has cropped up regularly enough since moving abroad to know he’s carved out a really good career for himself. 

He looks good in the air and with good technical ability as well but as always with someone in their early 30s it’s down to whether he’s still got the legs to get around the park or not, if he does he’ll do well for us and would be a huge improvement  on Sow who he’s replacing. 

Absolutely this. Assuming Dave McKay knows him and given DM was going on about how important harmony in the dressing room I’m assuming he must be a decent guy too.
Don’t where the ‘Cummings good at hold up play’ chat comes from. I’ve been amazed how shite he is outside the box. He struggles to control the ball. He’s a goal scorer through and through. Great foil around someone like Sheridan but we just aren’t going to have 2 strikers playing together very often.

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Don’t where the ‘Cummings good at hold up play’ chat comes from. I’ve been amazed how shite he is outside the box. He struggles to control the ball. He’s a goal scorer through and through. Great foil around someone like Sheridan but we just aren’t going to have 2 strikers playing together very often.

That came from me, imo, it's the best part of his game.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

I forgot we'd had the Luton Town discussion not long ago, remembering that has made the last page or so make more sense.

I personally think Sheridan deserves at least the trial he is getting, might as well see how he handles himself against decent competition like West Ham.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I forgot we'd had the Luton Town discussion not long ago, remembering that has made the last page or so make more sense.

I personally think Sheridan deserves at least the trial he is getting, might as well see how he handles himself against decent competition like West Ham.

Get past the orient first, although they scraped into 11th in league 2 with our Danny Johnson’s goals, should be a comfortable 3-0 win with the young lads hopefully getting a run out and maybe see more of Harrison Sharp and Sam Fisher