All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, LM_0803 said:

I've criticised Anderson recently and got slated for it. I'll hold my hands up tonight though. His terrible first touch allowed McGinn to get the ball back into the box for Mullen for the winner so fair play😂😂😂

Should be thanking Scotland international Souttar for the pass straight to McGinn, and Scotland international keeper Gordon for completely misjudging Mullen's shot.

Almost sad I'll be cheering those two on next month.

How we aren't dead and buried in the first 60 seconds or so of these highlights I will never know!  Keeper makes some good saves later on but his foot movement to get in position, especially those early chances, is awful.  If he is closer to goal, he probably throws it in his own net too.  Hopefully just nerves and he will settle.  Equaliser comes from a nice move even if an OG.

12 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

How we aren't dead and buried in the first 60 seconds or so of these highlights I will never know!  Keeper makes some good saves later on but his foot movement to get in position, especially those early chances, is awful.  If he is closer to goal, he probably throws it in his own net too.  Hopefully just nerves and he will settle.  Equaliser comes from a nice move even if an OG.

Some delicious stuff in there...

1. Lawlor doing some bizarre goalkeeping
  2. McKay getting his fanny in a twist
  3. Hearts having 4000 chances and not winning
  4. Mullen being saluted by The Derry Boys

Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Rudden is just the kind of player we need.

Someone who will work their bullocks off and get in the faces of the defenders and wind them up.

In other words he's a dirty fucking b*****d and I love it.

Straight from the off I could tell he'd be an absolute hero. 

Love the guy already.

Thank you. 

43 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

If every player had the workrate of him we'd be in a better off place; shame his finishing is mince at times, there's a player there. 

I think there are 3 things that make a decent player;

Technical Ability.

Fitness.

Effort.

We have plenty players with 2 out of 3 but only one (imo from what I have seen so far) with all 3, Rudden.

Got the pish ripped out me on an install last Thursday from two St J supporters for being bottom of the league. Twist of fate had us all on the same site, different install today. Good Times. 

Had a jolly time speaking to another at a different job, too. "Last Derby of the season will be bonkers". 

"it's not a derby, mate" 

"it is, it's a Tayside derby!" 

"It's not a derby, mate". 

Gid cunts, but still cunts at the end of the day. 

9 hours ago, Vernon gilmore said:

He’s so much like Eric Sinky Sinclair , puts himself into everything , he’s gonna be cult hero 

What a pair these two fellers were! Scored goals for fun, however our back-line at the time also thought it was polite to concede goals and therefore add to the entertainment. Except for Erich Schaedler that is, he took every goal conceded personally.  

1265887269_ericsinclair.jpg.4c896368a74aa1efcf0a71ff50b6a0c7.jpg    1493074154_billypiriedfc.jpg.f3b8abb053a3478bff5e5ac530d8ff10.jpg

9 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

What a pair these two fellers were! Scored goals for fun, however our back-line at the time also thought it was polite to concede goals and therefore add to the entertainment. Except for Erich Schaedler that is, he took every goal conceded personally.  

1265887269_ericsinclair.jpg.4c896368a74aa1efcf0a71ff50b6a0c7.jpg    1493074154_billypiriedfc.jpg.f3b8abb053a3478bff5e5ac530d8ff10.jpg

Dundee Football Club on Twitter: "ON THIS DAY 1980: A Jimmy Murphy goal  earns Dundee a 1-1 draw at Torquay United in a pre-season friendly  https://t.co/60x6p6CoJ4" / Twitter

Setting them up.

Guest Wieghortsnut
20 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Those strips tho😍

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Dundee Football Club on Twitter: "ON THIS DAY 1980: A Jimmy Murphy goal  earns Dundee a 1-1 draw at Torquay United in a pre-season friendly  https://t.co/60x6p6CoJ4" / Twitter

Setting them up.

Hey, remember this geezer, used to flick the ball past the full back then was off like a sprinter leaving him in his wake.

Ian, oh Ian Purdie, oh Ian Purdie on the wing..............and repeat, lol.

Priceless haircuts back in the day.

Regards

323090776_ianpurdie.jpg.8e63ca619a210704862d0950b7c6a469.jpg  

3 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Hey, remember this geezer, used to flick the ball past the full back then was off like a sprinter leaving him in his wake.

Regards

Wish I had hair like Purdie.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Regards

That’s more a scare cut 🤣

When I first started going to Dens it was the same tune as above but about Jimmy Murphy.  Remember seeing some of the skins with their oxblood 16 holer Dr Martens singing it and at the time thinking that was the greatest style ever.   Only a few years later and everyone was dressing like Ronnie Corbett to go to the matches.  Great times.