All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Agent Parish is fine where he is - chucking them into the Fermer's net.

Looking forward to him playing against Rangers tonight....

Unless we pick a literally one legged Clark ahead of him.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

McPake has dropped the fact he used to be the Dundee manager a dozen times on Sportsound tonight. It's actually a little bit sad.

Not as sad as you feeling the need to waste our time posting about it.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looking forward to him playing against Rangers tonight....

Aye, Agent Parish strikes again.

5 hours ago, derrybiy said:

Why is our pitch so bad? I know it's not the most important thing but I was great for years.

It looked very bare on deetv this morning. Would our ground staff in previous years have had the pitch playable for the St Mirren game?

Well it was better than Saturday. Never really looked like scoring and we are ridiculously short of strikers. Fucking off Cumdog and the chasing of Griffiths looking even crazier decisions.
They get a lot of abuse on here but I thought both Cammy and Gowser were both fine last night. Gowser I felt was one of our better performers and looked the most likely.
A guy behind me was giving Cammy dog’s abuse through the whole game, completely overlooking Marshall totally switching off and getting caught out of position time and time again. All Hibs threat whilst 11 v 11 came down his side, McGinn doesn’t do much defensive work either in fairness.
2 points dropped I feel.

I only managed to watch parts of the game last night, but looked like Marshall was constantly caught coming inside and leaving the right wing for Hibs entirely exposed. Not sure if that’s fair over the course of the game, but was poor to see. 

I only managed to watch parts of the game last night, but looked like Marshall was constantly caught coming inside and leaving the right wing for Hibs entirely exposed. Not sure if that’s fair over the course of the game, but was poor to see. 

You are entirely correct, he was. The Hibs right wing had acres of space. He may have been told to tuck in to help Sweeney and McGhee cope with the sole Hibs striker of course.

Danny Mullen has turned down a contract extension. Don't like the idea of us planning for the future under Mark McGhee tbh.

If he thinks he can do better than us, all the best to him. He's a mid-table Championship striker at best that solely relies on work rate rather than any particular notable talent.

He's good for coming off the bench and running at tired legs, but he shouldn't be a starting striker for us next season whether we're in the top flight or Championship IMO.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Danny Mullen has turned down a contract extension. Don't like the idea of us planning for the future under Mark McGhee tbh.

If he thinks he can do better than us, all the best to him. He's a mid-table Championship striker at best that solely relies on work rate rather than any particular notable talent.

He's good for coming off the bench and running at tired legs, but he shouldn't be a starting striker for us next season whether we're in the top flight or Championship IMO.

I think you can look at this another way too...

Is he turning it down because he doesn't want to play under McGhee? Might give a hint of how shite the atmosphere in the changing room might be just now.

Fair play to him, I can't imagine anyone would want to sign an extension with this shit show for any longer than they have to stick around right now. I'll be surprised if he gets a better club next season tbh.

The club now needs a complete overhaul in the summer but is now stuck with a full squad of McPake’s players who probably aren't too keen to be here anymore, so unless something drastic changes in the summer I predict we'll be stuck in the 2nd tier for at the very least another couple of years.

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't know what's funnier, Mullen thinking he's too good for us or us being daft enough to offer him a new deal. He's a Championship player at best as others have rightly said. Worries me though who else might get offered new deals from the temporary manager.

26 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The club now needs a complete overhaul in the summer but is now stuck with a full squad of McPake’s players who probably aren't too keen to be here anymore, so unless something drastic changes in the summer I predict we'll be stuck in the 2nd tier for at the very least another couple of years.

Fair comment but then again we might miraculously appoint a younger forward thinking manager who can spot a player and bring enough talent in to gel with the handful of bodies I would keep from the current squad.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Fair play to him, I can't imagine anyone would want to sign an extension with this shit show for any longer than they have to stick around right now. I'll be surprised if he gets a better club next season tbh.

Every. Damn. Season.