All things Dundee FC

For the JC fans on his return from the World Cup he just scored the equaliser for the Mariners in the F3 derby v Newcastle Jets and 7 minutes later subbed by the Mariners other returning World Cup player, Garang Kuol. 1-1 after 63 mins.

Hope he gets a decent reception. Despite being quite shite as a manager, there's no doubt he put absolutely everything into the job and came out Derry'd Oot His Nut.

That said, equally hope we pump his mob and make it embarrassing on the pitch.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hope he gets a decent reception. Despite being quite shite as a manager, there's no doubt he put absolutely everything into the job and came out Derry'd Oot His Nut.

That said, equally hope we pump his mob and make it embarrassing on the pitch.

He deserves a good reception. He gave his all for Dundee as player and manager and although it didn't work out in the end he was a great servant.

Club legends in general should just never come back to manage the team - it doesn't end well. Barry Smith obviously being our exception.

Edited by Pens_Dark

2 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

He deserves a good reception. He gave his all for Dundee as player and manager and although it didn't work out in the end he was a great servant.

Club legends in general should just never come back to manage the team - it doesn't end well. Barry Smith obviously being our exception.

I’d question the ‘Dundee Legend’ tag. 55 appearances, not for me. That said I still hope he gets a good reception, and a roasting on the pitch. 
A tricky draw for us I feel. 

37 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’d question the ‘Dundee Legend’ tag. 55 appearances, not for me. That said I still hope he gets a good reception, and a roasting on the pitch. 
A tricky draw for us I feel. 

Maybe slightly strong, it was more a point about football in general, but still a player I loved playing for us as he gave his all.

Deserves respect either way.

Edited by Pens_Dark

2 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Maybe slightly strong, it was more a point about football in general, but still a player I loved playing for us as he gave his all.

Deserves respect either way.

Yeah, McPake's not a legend, far from it but completely agree with the sentiment.

Far and few between that a player totally buys into a club the way he did with us these days. Deserves respect for it and provided some good memories along the way.