All things Dundee FC

52 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

If we win tomorrow then it takes Partick out the equation IMO. For them to make up six points from 12 is highly unlikely.

A win also giving us basically a four point gap with the goal difference to the Queens who look abysmal at the moment.

An injury ravaged Raith at Dens to go three clear. There can be absolutely no excuses for these players if they fail.

Thank you.

I actually agree. Obviously this league is practically impossible to predict but their remaining games are:

Ayr (H)

Hamilton (A)

Arbroath (H)

Raith (A)

Ayr trying to finish as high as possible in direct competition with Partick and two other teams fighting for their lives. Raith decisively mid-table but always a hard away game. 

24 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Hopefully Robinson fit and we go with him and Jak, fire right into this mob tomorrow, right from the kick off.

Thank you.

Bowyer said in the pre-match interview that we should have a full squad to choose from which presumably includes Robinson, but there was no mention of him at all in the interview. Hopefully he's available, would help make things much easier.

20 hours ago, baba douche said:

If you lose this now, this will make your top 5 bottle-jobs.

I mean, you’re probably right, but only because I’m not actually sure Dundee have “bottled it” that many times.  Our cup record is hopeless but mainly because the team has been generally hopeless, not because they were actually in a position to win anything and didn’t.

From memory (so this century) I’d say the only definite examples would be losing the 2009/10 championship to Inverness and probably the 2004/05 relegation where we were reasonably comfortable at the split.

Potentially losing the cup semi to Gretna, but given its Gretna it’s certainly debatable. Next worst I can think of is a cup quarter defeat at home to Raith. The only other times where there was potential for us to properly bottle it were the Doon Derby in 2016 and the league win against Dumbarton in 2014, both of which we won.

2 hours ago, stu2910 said:

I mean, you’re probably right, but only because I’m not actually sure Dundee have “bottled it” that many times.  Our cup record is hopeless but mainly because the team has been generally hopeless, not because they were actually in a position to win anything and didn’t.

From memory (so this century) I’d say the only definite examples would be losing the 2009/10 championship to Inverness and probably the 2004/05 relegation where we were reasonably comfortable at the split.

Potentially losing the cup semi to Gretna, but given its Gretna it’s certainly debatable. Next worst I can think of is a cup quarter defeat at home to Raith. The only other times where there was potential for us to properly bottle it were the Doon Derby in 2016 and the league win against Dumbarton in 2014, both of which we won.

Didn’t bottle it against the sister shaggers of Kilmarnock in the play offs either. 

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Didn't know they changed the rules on this. I used to use mine in derby days and it was fine. Phone and ask.

Always worth a shot but this is probably why they designated the bring a friend tickets for certain games so they don't lose out on money! Fuckers. 

What a difference in the team with the addition of one man from the weekend - Zach Robinson. What was the last out and out striking partnership we had that actually worked? You'd have to go back to McMenamin and Curier or something. We have created more chances in this formation with them two upfront than we have for years and years of the isolated striker under McPake, McCann and the rest. Don't get me wrong though, Bowyer done this for far too long aswell this season. He may just have saved it in time though.

Hannant is involved in alot of our goals aswell with his clever balls, tonight flicked into the path of Marshall to set up Jakubiak. I think he's making an improvement on what McMullen gives us. 

There's always negatives and Cameron didn't have his best first half and some headers he literally stands and watches it without competing; he came into it as the game went on though and the same for Marshall who was poor to start.

It might be harsh right now, but we still need new fullbacks if we go up. Mulligan is right now looking like he can be challenging for that spot in the future though. He's definitely developed over the season.

Thank you.