All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

I'm hearing of heavy betting being placed on Martindale.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

I see Ian Murray is now favourite?

I’d find it in myself to back either of those 2. 

14 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

No that was the current League 1 Falkirk (had to get that in there) manager McGlynn 

What's Murray like as a manager then? I know Raith ended up in the middle of nowhere but safe. "Exciting" football minded or is he the build it slowly from the back sort?

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

What's Murray like as a manager then? I know Raith ended up in the middle of nowhere but safe. "Exciting" football minded or is he the build it slowly from the back sort?

Murray is a good manager and he does play the attacking football but he can get his teams doing both.

the only criticism I had of him last season that he never sorted out the goals we were conceding far to easy from normal crosses or set pieces into the box that needs addressed this season with 1 or maybe 2 experienced CH we literally have no height in our side which also an issue 

Said before would take Martindale in a heart beat. Still doubt it would happen - probably depends on just how much Livingstons squad would get decimated and how much support he would get from their board in terms of a budget. 

Our board need to sell an ambitious manager their vision of how the club move forward and that will be drawn in fucking crayon so I'm fully expecting to be disappointed by who comes in next.

43 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Murray is a good manager and he does play the attacking football but he can get his teams doing both.

the only criticism I had of him last season that he never sorted out the goals we were conceding far to easy from normal crosses or set pieces into the box that needs addressed this season with 1 or maybe 2 experienced CH we literally have no height in our side which also an issue 

I’ll add to this a perplexing manager in some ways. He was certainly budget constrained, but made a couple of gambles that didn’t pay off. Also has an annoying habit of changing shape completely by subbing off defenders for attackers when down, to little effect. Very much a 4-2-3-1 guy, quite well spoken and seems to have a solid Rolodex of names and contacts in the sport. Can sometimes pull rabbits like O’Riorden out of a hat (met a guy from Crewe at a meeting who needed to get some play for a CB with promise coming off injury, and it turned into a young lad that was probably our best defender being loaned to us for half the season…if it had been all season, we’d have likely been top 4).

8 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Couldn’t care less now who gets the job , just completely fed up of it now.  In Benidorm constantly updating pie n bovril, we just need someone in place asap to get players in a try and gel a whole new team 

put your phone down for a bit and enjoy the holiday mate, have a wee wander to see sticky vicky take you mind of things

I remember hearing a rumour about all of our coaching team being punted, well, Alan Combe was training the youths at the astro pitches just off the Kingsway earlier as I was driving past.

We have/had a window of a few weeks where we could guarantee top flight football next season for any new signings and the DABS, Killie, ST J, Patrick, Ross KKKounty, Ayr & QP couldn't. So instead, of optimising that time to bring in some new players, we piss around sacking a manager and not having his replacement ready. Peak Dundee.

Possible reason for a lack of news/comms from the club (apart from the fact that we’re not that good at that sort of thing at any time) is that they have gotten “I’m interested but can’t talk until my season is over” vibes from a potential target…