All things Dundee FC

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Disappointing thing is that he doesn't have Jak to play off of and it isn't permanent.

BUT WHAT A SIGNING!!!! 

OOOOOOFT.

Confidence has just skyrocketed about our chances of staying up.

But it’s the last year of his contract so he’s up for grabs at the end of the season , would we need to pay a development fee for him though ? That might stop any permanent signing Ludo 

28 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

But it’s the last year of his contract so he’s up for grabs at the end of the season , would we need to pay a development fee for him though ? That might stop any permanent signing Ludo 

I might be wrong but I don't think development fee's apply cross border between England and Scotland. Might be talking out my arse.

Edited by Pens_Dark

31 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I might be wrong but I don't think development fee's apply cross border between England and Scotland. Might be talking out my arse.

No they don't we've picked up the likes of Drey Wright for nothing when a club down south would of owed his old club upwards of £250k.

Delighted that we've got Zach back, though it makes Jakubiak's departure that bit more disappointing. I reckon Zach can definitely do well at this level, but I'd still want a big established no. 9 in before the season starts as well, just to be sure.

1 hour ago, Wee jeemie said:

We should be looking to get him on a PCA in January. Good chance we could then negotiate an early permanent transfer. 

Assuming he doesn’t turn out to be shite in the Premiership, of course :lol: 

23 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Delighted that we've got Zach back, though it makes Jakubiak's departure that bit more disappointing. I reckon Zach can definitely do well at this level, but I'd still want a big established no. 9 in before the season starts as well, just to be sure.

I'm looking forward to seeing the potential link up between him and Tiffoney though like you I think we still need another striker in.

2 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

I thought the durty Arab bazturds got development money for Harry Souter and other like the guy who went to palace 

2 hours ago, Widge said:

No they don't we've picked up the likes of Drey Wright for nothing when a club down south would of owed his old club upwards of £250k.

They must apply, because Brighton would've been due us 300k+ if Schwake went down there. He's now away back to America looking for a club apparently.

I know there's potentially reduced fees for cross boarder development fees but they do still apply. It looks like Drey Wright moved to St Johnstone in 2018, he would've been 23 by then which I think is the cut off for compensation. His birthday is April 30th, so any deal before then when he was 22 would've had compensation attached. After that he would've been free to move.

20 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

I thought the durty Arab bazturds got development money for Harry Souter and other like the guy who went to palace 

Looks like Utd got a fee around £400k with a sell on clause. Doesn't say whether that was a development fee or not!

Like others have said it may just be a reduced fee and still apply. If that's the case I can't see the fee being a deal breaker if we were to sign him.

3 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Looks like Utd got a fee around £400k with a sell on clause. Doesn't say whether that was a development fee or not!

Like others have said it may just be a reduced fee and still apply. If that's the case I can't see the fee being a deal breaker if we were to sign him.

It's usually done as a per year thing too and takes into account the club they're going to and the cost of 'training' them. Could end up being something 40k per year, and it looks like he's been at Wimbledon since 2017, so by next year they'd be due about £280k. You'd imagine they'd settle for less than that though, something like 120k + 15% sell on. Depends on how he does this year though

Theres still a fee for cross border deals but its tiny compared to deals within a country.

We exploited it with Wright and Celtic/Rangers done the same with Dembele/Aribo.

8 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the potential link up between him and Tiffoney though like you I think we still need another striker in.

id love to see both them link up and with mccowan on the other wing, i though mccowan and zach link up very well last season another striker in and i will be quite happy with a decent attacking line up 

I'm very happy with Robinson coming back. Hopefully we have someone who links up as well with him as Jakubiak did.

I just seen a courier headline of 10 years of Keyes and Nelms and it shocked me that's it's been that long. I'm still expecting the day where the stadium plans are ruled out and then surely Keyes would just sell because I don't see what he gets out of it. Nelms mismanagement aside the past 10 years has at least kept us going without having to worry about immediately being in the shit again.

I was too young to take in the problems we had when we were fan owned before they took over and the idea of being fan owned still appeals slightly to me. Was it just that it was financially unsustainable to aim for the premiership with our debt and nobody to write off the losses? Or was it fan infighting and no confidence of whoever was chosen to be in the blazers at the time?

I decided to do the minimum amount of research and read Wikipedia. It reads like it was more that finances because we had still had too much debt after administration, but there was also fan infighting.

It also reminded me of Philip Roberts. He's played at 16 clubs in 8 years since playing for dundee but he's still employed without totally losing it.