All things Dundee FC

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Ryan said - 

" I know Owen Beck as we have the same agent, so I spoke with Owen a few days ago and he was full of praise for the club, the staff, the players, and everything about it and that sealed it for me, I knew I wanted to sign for Dundee.

Same agent. - "Look mate, Beck was class and got recalled on the bench for Liverpool. This could be you and I'll make a commission. What'ya say?"

I’m getting concerned that after 40+ years of lurching from one shambles to another THE MIGHTY DUNDEE FC are getting their shit together

I really  don’t know how to take this

I guess go to more games and see where we are in May 🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Docherty addresses the Greg Stewart speculation about 1 minute in.

Having listened to firstly the doc and then main at the back of that , you can see and hear the difference in communication. I can totally see why nelms must have picked Docherty his job interview must have been clear and concise where as in the later interview with Main heaps of “ums,erms and obviouslys” 

I suppose some good news for us is Motherwell are having one hell of a January, Kettlewell will have to pull a rabbit out the hat with just over a week to go as I think they only have Blair as their “attacking threat”

Spoiler

The irony is not lost on me that one of his 3 goals this season came against us.

5 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I suppose some good news for us is Motherwell are having one hell of a January, Kettlewell will have to pull a rabbit out the hat with just over a week to go as I think they only have Blair as their “attacking threat”

Hide contents

The irony is not lost on me that one of his 3 goals this season came against us.

1 of his 5 goals this season.

6 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I know the rest of the Derry faithful will hate me for this but I don't care...

@RandomGuy. have you got his graph for Accrington Stanley?

astley.thumb.png.0cdd0acc2244016e25bf61f62ff8143d.png

CB ones of these are really more just how they're played tbh, rather than quality. So he was a "meat and tatties" type at Accrington Stanley.

Doesn't seem the type you'd play in the "wide CB" positions, but he has played there on the right side for Evertons youth sides so dunno. Not quick but isn't slow either by the looks of it but rash with inexperience.

Could probably become any type of CB you want to mould him into, but not sure he'll be coming in and straight away improving you. Probably more of a "get used to the league for 6 months, be a starter after the Summer" type?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

astley.thumb.png.0cdd0acc2244016e25bf61f62ff8143d.png

CB ones of these are really more just how they're played tbh, rather than quality. So he was a "meat and tatties" type at Accrington Stanley.

Doesn't seem the type you'd play in the "wide CB" positions, but he has played there on the right side for Evertons youth sides so dunno. Not quick but isn't slow either by the looks of it but rash with inexperience.

Could probably become any type of CB you want to mould him into, but not sure he'll be coming in and straight away improving you. Probably more of a "get used to the league for 6 months, be a starter after the Summer" type?

I'm not an expert, but I'm not seeing a lot of green.

4 minutes ago, Crawford said:

CBs who don't pass or run with the ball a lot don't really look great in there, despite being good players. Its the worst position to look at stats wise.

49 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I'm seeing boredom and tedium.

Thank you.

eta. Not enough though, to curb the joy of the Doc's signings.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Killie have signed Greg Stewart.

Yeah, we were never in for him. Glad he's got himself sorted - a shame we couldn't get him in but hard to see where he'd have fit under Docherty's team.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, we were never in for him. Glad he's got himself sorted - a shame we couldn't get him in but hard to see where he'd have fit under Docherty's team.

Found it a bit odd hes gone back to a McInnes side, tbh. Feels like the worst form of his career (up here) came with him as manager.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Found it a bit odd hes gone back to a McInnes side, tbh. Feels like the worst form of his career (up here) came with him as manager.

Some of his best form came at Rugby Park. We were in a title race (I know we wouldn't have won it) until he was recalled. We then lost our way for a few weeks before finishing 3rd.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Some of his best form came at Rugby Park. We were in a title race (I know we wouldn't have won it) until he was recalled. We then lost our way for a few weeks before finishing 3rd.

He's talking about his time under Del at Aberdeen rather than his time with Killie. McInnes couldn't figure out how to use Stewart on two separate spells, the 2nd being after Steve Clarke reminded him how to do it. Here's hoping he fails once more.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

He’s been playing in a Mickey Mouse league and his legs have gone. Thank fųck you’ve signed him, I was shițting it he was coming to Dens. 

Hard not to be gutted. Logical for Docherty not to be in for him since he'd have used up a fair chunk of our budget and isn't a player that's really suited to a hardworking defensive team that looks to hit fast on the counter and we have other priority areas that need filled. Could even argue it's wise management. But still, it's Greg Stewart and the nostalgia alone would've had me celebrating for days nonetheless. 

Wished him all the best in the Killie thread except against us but the more I think about it, the more I hope he flops so I feel like we dodged a bullet.

Fact is Greg wouldn't have fitted into our team at all. Would've enjoyed it as much as anyone had it came about, but now he's at a direct rival I couldn't care less about how well he does. Hopefully if he's on the pitch on Saturday we dance around him rather than the opposite.

Besides, I'm too busy being already all in on Curtismania already to care.