All things Dundee FC

Beck on his way back I've heard.

Ashcroft could probably still go. I think Portales is back soon? He is good cover though like has been said and has done alright in last two games. If he's on loan then that is a different deadline to permanent deals anyway am I not right in saying? 

15 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Beck on his way back I've heard.

Ashcroft could probably still go. I think Portales is back soon? He is good cover though like has been said and has done alright in last two games. If he's on loan then that is a different deadline to permanent deals anyway am I not right in saying? 

I've also heard he is on his way , but my source is pretty unreliable.   Our squad is already huge , hopefully not admin 3 coming our way. 

Just now, Fifespud said:

Just wondering if Beck does return that his head has not been turned. You know, what am I doing back here again etc.

He came up here and continued to play with an attitude that was spot on, I can't see why that would be any different for the rest of the season now. 

1 hour ago, mungo said:

I've also heard he is on his way , but my source is pretty unreliable.   Our squad is already huge , hopefully not admin 3 coming our way. 

A lot of them are loans though, which will keep the costs down.

One of the lads on open all mics was having a go at the number of loans we had, something like 10 with 7 in the match day squad, on Saturday.

My reply to that is that if minted clubs are going to try and hoover up all the talented youngsters while they see who works out, teams like ours are perfectly within their rights to find ways to game that same system and get the best team possible on the park. In fairness others on the show were sticking up for us and pointing out that several of our other first teamers have come through our system.

I genuinely think the success of Beck's loan is a huge deal for the club. People are going to come here that wouldn't have otherwise. 

Edit: What's happened to Pineda? I feel bad for him. Although to be fair he might just be shagging every bird in Dundee. 

Edited by The Algebraist

7 minutes ago, Luke Newman said:

Only allowed 7 players in a match day squad. Maybe Howley might go back or Lamie/Donnelly might sign or also get sent back

Is Donnelly injured? He might go back if so. Howley barely featured. 

I wonder if there is a chance of FGR recalling Bakayoko? 

2 hours ago, mungo said:

We've had this problem for decades.

McPake especially was upto 30 players in the building at some point: currently we have 27.

We need to get rid of the likes of Wilkie and Robertson on loan and probably Ashcroft too. Despite the initial excitement Pineda is going to be a waste of space for the rest of the season - just got to hope a year here gets him ready for next season. Currently Docs only black mark on the signing front.

I'd think about calling time on Howleys loan aswell.

Hopefully a couple go out over the next few days along with Beck returning and it's been a great window.

FWIW I've been told 2 signings are incoming over the next couple of days.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

On 28/01/2024 at 11:37, Dundee-FC92 said:

Cameron for Lyall? You on the beers last night cunto?

If Beck comes back we're looking at:

Carson

Dodgson Astley Shaugnessy Lamie Beck

McCowan Sylla Boateng

Main Mellon

Forgive me for spending the rest of this fine Sunday in a state of erection not seen since the Titanic was raised before being hauled to the seabed.

Away the Dees and roll on Aberdeen. Nothing to fear from that lot outwith Miovski. I always like giving people shite through the honking wee fence aswell.

Thank you.

Oops, my bad. Presume you know I meant for McCowan.