All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Glen Scotia said:

Rangers being delayed for ko and their fans using flares hasn't put Dundee out of pocket though has it? 

If they were to be fined for both/either it wouldn't be Dundee getting the money 

Floodlights etc on longer, Police, stewards, catering staff etc all paid overtime, why should Dundee cover that then?

4 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

Floodlights etc on longer, Police, stewards, catering staff etc all paid overtime, why should Dundee cover that then?

Floodlights stay on long after games are finished and stewards, police etc won't get overtime.

There was zero extra cost to Dundee 

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

15 grands worth of preparation?

Would like to see the breakdown of this bullshite.

Given the short notice, probably would to have put some kind of down payment on potential pie orders, police costs, stewards etc. Couldn't just short that all put at zero cost with a few hours notice. £15k seems pretty cheep to be honest. 

If Dundee didn't want to pay St Johnstone £15k to rent McDiarmid they should simply have not agreed to pay it. It sounds like that was the amount for actually hosting the game.

Article states they didn't even try and negotiate a lower fee for if they didn't need McDiarmid, which seemingly would've been about £5k.

I guess Dundee just panicked into agreeing to the terms tbh.

53 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Floodlights stay on long after games are finished and stewards, police etc won't get overtime.

How the f**k would you know?

54 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

But when a game is delayed by an hour the lights will be on for an extra hour, not the sharpest are you?
Do you work overtime and not get paid?

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

How the f**k would you know?

Well, I've seen floodlights on long after games are finished with my own eyes. I 100% know stewards are paid a set price for a match whether it's extra time or time added on it doesn't matter and the police (I can only presume) also charge a set fee for the match 

That's how I "Fucking" know 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

But when a game is delayed by an hour the lights will be on for an extra hour, not the sharpest are you?
Do you work overtime and not get paid?

So, you want compensated for an extra hour of floodlights? Is that it, is that how tin pot your club had fallen. Plus, no one is working overtime! 

Edited by Glen Scotia
Edit

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Is it only Rangers that have demanded compensation for travelling through to a postponed game at Dens this season?  If so, that tells you all you need to know about Rangers and @Glen Scotia.

Did it happen twice to another team? 

17 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Well, I've seen floodlights on long after games are finished with my own eyes. I 100% know stewards are paid a set price for a match whether it's extra time or time added on it doesn't matter and the police (I can only presume) also charge a set fee for the match 

That's how I "Fucking" know 

Just as I suspected, slavering shite, and making assumptions.

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

So, you want compensated for an extra hour of floodlights? Is that it, is that how tin pot your club had fallen. Plus, no one is working overtime! 

Not asking for or expecting anything in regards to compensation. Was merely showing we were out of pocket, glad you’ve now agreed. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Did it happen twice to another team? 

I assume by that you think it’s only if it happens twice you should claim compensation?  If so, I still think this discussion says more about you and Rangers on the one side than it does about Dundee on the the other……

Edited by Shadow Play

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You're guessing on the plod, and you have no idea of other expenses.

Well I've told you I 100% know stewards are paid per game (overtime isn't an option) I've also told you I've physically seen floodlights on long after games are finished at both Dens and Tannadice. The police fee is common sense.

1 minute ago, Glen Scotia said:

Well I've told you I 100% know stewards are paid per game (overtime isn't an option) I've also told you I've physically seen floodlights on long after games are finished at both Dens and Tannadice. The police fee is common sense.

^^^^^^

steward in a dayglo coat.