All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Der Panzer said:

Lost interest towards tail end of last season - had a rough time in personal life, and completely lost any interest in football. Was a worrying sign when I stopped going to Dens as it’s been a constant in my life. 

Life is on the up and up though - the Euros arrived but I couldn’t be arsed going to Germany and barely watched any of it so far tbh - so assumed I was still a bit in the doldrums and had a way to go.

Woke up this morning and felt that buzz back - tickets bought for Arbroath, will sort my season ticket later and hopefully a sign I’m getting back to myself. Not even leaving the sunshine of Dundee for the wind annd icy sleet of Gayfield, nor  our inevitable shitey draw or comprehensive defeat can dampen my spirits.

Mon the Dee!

Life can be shite at times but the one constant is that better days always come. Just remember someone is always there for you to vent, even if you don’t think so. 

I’m there for anyone who wants to message privately. Problem shared and all that. 

21 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Life can be shite at times but the one constant is that better days always come. Just remember someone is always there for you to vent, even if you don’t think so. 

I’m there for anyone who wants to message privately. Problem shared and all that. 

Geez a sub. 

2 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

Lost interest towards tail end of last season - had a rough time in personal life, and completely lost any interest in football. Was a worrying sign when I stopped going to Dens as it’s been a constant in my life. 

Life is on the up and up though - the Euros arrived but I couldn’t be arsed going to Germany and barely watched any of it so far tbh - so assumed I was still a bit in the doldrums and had a way to go.

Woke up this morning and felt that buzz back - tickets bought for Arbroath, will sort my season ticket later and hopefully a sign I’m getting back to myself. Not even leaving the sunshine of Dundee for the wind annd icy sleet of Gayfield, nor  our inevitable shitey draw or comprehensive defeat can dampen my spirits.

Mon the Dee!

Great to read you’re doing better. All the best!

Ah cheers everyone - I’m not and wasn’t on the precipice or anything - but lots of big life events in a row ken. Gets a man down (and fat - it gets him fat too) - so hopefully getting back to some normality.

That was typical pre season fare - hard to really say much about anyone but the new striker looks a big unit for a young lad - maybe the target man type role this season? 

Thank you ❤️

53 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Some size  Luke Graham is, same with Clark Robertson both looked good, over a thousand Dees through today.

Thank you.

RatIntyre in tears at the end!?

Thank you. 

This is what I reckon the squad will finish like. I don’t think we will sign Murray and I’m not bothered if he doesn’t or does sign because he would suit our new style of play and we would need another striker. We do her need a poacher or a target man who is good with the ball at his feet.

4A0DBA56-F524-44D9-A255-EE9CA9E0A79C.jpeg

11 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

This is what I reckon the squad will finish like. I don’t think we will sign Murray and I’m not bothered if he doesn’t or does sign because he would suit our new style of play and we would need another striker. We do her need a poacher or a target man who is good with the ball at his feet.

What’s the crack with your man Bristow?

Just now, Fifespud said:

What’s the crack with your man Bristow?

He’s still signing. He’s more of a LB than an attacking LWB. Clark Robertson can play LB which might mean we play a 4-3-3 which might be good news for Astley and Graham who I thought were both great. Graham is a big goal threat and will do well amongst a stronger team.

I hope we get another left flank player who is attacking as the right side is quite defensive. I’m not sure Warner is the right choice to bring in as a centre back and Docherty might realise that after today. Norwich will want him to play every week as he’s young. I hope we get a more experienced centre back.

13 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

He’s still signing. He’s more of a LB than an attacking LWB. Clark Robertson can play LB which might mean we play a 4-3-3 which might be good news for Astley and Graham who I thought were both great. Graham is a big goal threat and will do well amongst a stronger team.

I hope we get another left flank player who is attacking as the right side is quite defensive. I’m not sure Warner is the right choice to bring in as a centre back and Docherty might realise that after today. Norwich will want him to play every week as he’s young. I hope we get a more experienced centre back.

In his Stockport County post match interview they said he was more of an LWB than an LB?

40 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Everyone entitled to their opinion…and mine would be that Kerr, Anderson and Rudden shouldn’t be anywhere near a squad that has aspirations of repeating a top six finish. 

Without being too negative we'll be in the hunt for relegation without five new signings as a minimum.

That includes RB, LB, CM, wide man and a striker. Ideally we need two more CMs.

Kerr, Sharp,  Anderson, Robertson, Rudden, Pineda( still on the books as far as we know). All not going to cut the mustard. 

Very aware there's still plenty time though. Graham and Reilly about the only ones I'd give a chance of out the young lads. There's no panic yet but it would've been good to have a few more before going to Poland as for me the season starts on the 13th July against Bonnyrigg. The defeatist attitude the fans show in the league cup every year when we're unable to qualify against pish always gets to me.

The team needs needs to be at it and showing a convincing display against ICT in four weeks going into the Derby. If Bristow signs then is this currently our strongest starting 11 going into the 04th Aug?

McCracken 

McGhee Astley Portales Robertson Bristow

McCowan Sylla Cameron

Main Tiffoney

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92