All things Dundee FC

58 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Found myself with Tuesday off, is Brechin easy to get too from Blairgowrie , is it decent for parking and lastly is it usually Baltic or will I get away with a jumper and light jacket?

The parking should be fine, (unless we take a massive support) plenty of side streets right beside the ground.

23 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

Was he any good?

From what I’ve seen from him against Celtic and United he seems a decent prospect. Good on the ball and didn’t look out of place despite at a young age. It won’t be a signing for this summer or January. He’s a player being closely watched. Maybe a bit like Reilly. He seems to have good potential and I’m pleased we are in a position to recruit the next upcoming talent.

5 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Keep an eye on the Ayr right back. He is one we are monitoring for the future.

Would be surprised at that tbh. He’s already been on trial with Fulham a handful of times and they are still monitoring him. If you don’t offer us money this summer then I think he’ll be outwith your reach this time next year.

He’s going to be a massive player for us this year and he’s still only 17. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Would be surprised at that tbh. He’s already been on trial with Fulham a handful of times and they are still monitoring him. If you don’t offer us money this summer then I think he’ll be outwith your reach this time next year.

He’s going to be a massive player for us this year and he’s still only 17. 

Maybe we will offer something then. Perhaps It’s a player Burnley like.

2 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Maybe we will offer something then. Perhaps It’s a player Burnley like.

The guy isn’t silly and will go where he’s likely to play. Has already turned down better offers than Ayr because he felt he had a pathway here. 

It’s hard not to get too excited about your own young players but he looks excellent so far. The physical growth in him in the last year has been huge and he looks ready for the senior game which is something that holds a lot of young players back. 

He’s contracted until 2027 so hopefully we make a good bit of money on him. 

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

We took Declan McDaid off your hands, so you still owe us a favour.

I believe you were well warned at the time. 

I watched Motherwell today and Robinson looks like him old self. He seemed very confident. He will do very good at Motherwell. It’s probably a similar situation to Theo Near  where he didn’t suit the environment and style of play but will be good for another team.

Theo Bair missed open goals and couldn't control a ball without it bouncing off his chin with Saints. That's not down to environment or style of play. I'll be surprised if he lasts his contract in France, one season wonder.

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Theo Bair missed open goals and couldn't control a ball without it bouncing off his chin with Saints. That's not down to environment or style of play. I'll be surprised if he lasts his contract in France, one season wonder.

It is to do with environment. If he feels valued and there has been coaches spent developing his performance of the pitch which builds confidence. He’s had a better coach at Motherwell who has got the best out of him and teammates. Once he scored a few and Biereth left he became their only attacking player with a goal threat so the style changed and he scored even more past Christmas. Bigger crowds and atmosphere play apart too. So yes it is environment and style.

I think you are just angry that he has became a proven goalscorer. He had a few teams after him and will know what kind of club would suit him and learn from past experiences. I back him to be a successful player in France.

I don't believe Robinson's failure to become a fixture at Dens had anything to do with a lack of ability. He had a form slump, got injured, never really got another crack of the whip, and to my eye it appeared a wee bit like he was sulking and not really giving 100%, which isn't unusual in a young player when things aren't going his way and the confidence dips.

Change of scenery and a chance at a fresh start is great for the player, but I think it's also reasonable that DFC couldn't really go offering a contract to a guy who only really performed for 1/4 of the 2 full seasons he spent here on loan.

Robinson looks a good signing, I think if he can get a goal or two early on in the season for confidence he'll kick on and be a great pick up for us. I don't agree with the assessment that Bair will be a one season wonder, the manager and analysis team spent lots of time with him and as the season went on you could see him developing as a player. Whether he can make the step up to a top 5 league is a different question.

Edited by camer0n_mcd

7 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

It is to do with environment. If he feels valued and there has been coaches spent developing his performance of the pitch which builds confidence. He’s had a better coach at Motherwell who has got the best out of him and teammates. Once he scored a few and Biereth left he became their only attacking player with a goal threat so the style changed and he scored even more past Christmas. Bigger crowds and atmosphere play apart too. So yes it is environment and style.

I think you are just angry that he has became a proven goalscorer. He had a few teams after him and will know what kind of club would suit him and learn from past experiences. I back him to be a successful player in France.

Angry? Na, I wanted it to work out for him. Proven goalscorer? Time will tell but will be very very surprised if he even replicates a quarter of the goals of last season, the boys crumbles under pressure.

27 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Angry? Na, I wanted it to work out for him. Proven goalscorer? Time will tell but will be very very surprised if he even replicates a quarter of the goals of last season, the boys crumbles under pressure.

Shut up and go away Tam, cheers.

Theo Bair was mismanaged at Saints and managed well at Motherwell. That’s about the size of it. I can’t speak to systems etc as I don’t really even remember him at saints - but he has all the attributes to succeed.

I’m a big fan or Robinson and I hope he does well at the Well - but is utter humpty against us. 

Thank you.