All things Dundee FC

Hopefully squad kept together and added to . Would rather we lost players for nothing at the end of their contracts rather than the knife in the heart departure stuff on deadline day.

Can absolutely see the McCowan one, especially if O’Reilly was to be sold.

Mulligan one is odd to me but falls in line with exactly what hearts try to do nowadays which is what the old firm used to do in buying the leagues ‘best’ or up and coming players. Make themselves better by weakening everyone else around them. 

12 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Can absolutely see the McCowan one, especially if O’Reilly was to be sold.

I'm going to get slated for this, but McCowan is nowhere near Celtic level and I doubt any interest would go beyond a brief look.

I think the same when folk try and claim them/Rangers are looking at someone like Danny Armstrong FWIW.

That's not me saying he/they are shite, just that it's not a move that's realistically ever happening.

I said about as much on TDB Forum.

I try not to be too aggressive with reacting to these kinds of rumours anymore, but it's total bullsh*t. As much as I love McCowan, I don't see him making a dent in Celtic's line up, and absolutely no way he replaces a genuine elite-class player like O'Riley.

Celtic fans are bored so his name and Beck's are cropping up again in two-bit phony "news" websites which regurgitate scatterbrained thoughts from 67HailHail or FollowFollow, and we're bored so we react to them. It's not clubs like Celtic I'm worried about tbh, it's English clubs.

I don't blame McCowan if he did want to go to Celtic. The money they can offer is just incomparable and it's not as if he's a local lad that even has that as a pull factor to stay. He'll be 27 this year and won't have many major opportunities to make the kind of money he'd make at Celtic left in his career. Not bad for someone that we could have released on a free and not been upset about after we'd won the Championship.

My issue would more be with Celtic. They keep crying and blaming the rest of the league that we're the reason they're not competitive in Europe because we don't give them a big enough challenge. Well, they'll never experience a challenge if they keep on hoovering up the best talent from other squads for peanuts even when it's extremely unlikely said player will play a major role for them. I love McCowan - he's the difference for us between scrapping it out at the bottom of the table and a top 6 battle. For Celtic? He'd probably be an impact sub in the league and very rarely on show in their European games. Taking McCowan out of our team will massively hinder us but won't impact Celtic and then Celtic will again complain that we don't give them a game.

It's very similar to the Scott Wright going to Rangers stuff - he was an excellent player for us and would be a good signing for most teams in the league but instead he's spent the best years of his career stinking the joint out at Rangers for little to no reason other than they could have him.

Infuriating if it has even a remote bit of truth in it. Even worse when it's Dees that are just bored that feel the need to pedal nonsense.

Edited by Ludo*1

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm going to get slated for this, but McCowan is nowhere near Celtic level and I doubt any interest would go beyond a brief look.

I think the same when folk try and claim them/Rangers are looking at someone like Danny Armstrong FWIW.

That's not me saying he/they are shite, just that it's not a move that's realistically ever happening.

Tbf same was said about Greg Taylor when he went to Celtic, that he’d be a squad player, cover for a higher profile LB and he’s done not too badly at all there.

On 30/07/2024 at 16:51, Aidan said:

Seems as good a place as any to ask this, any recommendations for a Thursday afternoon pint either Lochee or Strathmartine Road/Hilltown area, on my lonesome as the good lady will be at work. I’ll be about a 15 minute walk either way to either Kelly’s in Lochee or Frews on Strathmartine road so either area works for me. Or am I best just heading in to the town?

I’m sure you’ve all been waiting for an update on this, Frews, Athletic Bar, Halleys and Bowbridge were all fine. Made a rookie error and went in to The Hill Bar which was a f**king dive, wandered round to The Snug which I was also told was decent but was not impressed and then got a taxi to The Glens which I’m sure has the potential to be a shitehole but I seemed to have caught it on a good day. I’ll brave Lochee the next time. 

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don’t disagree with that at all. If he is linked and they want him he’s going to go though. 

Can’t begrudge McCowan any move that’s going to financially lucrative for him. We’d all do the same. If he’s away, which I still doubt, then nothing better than a proper send off on Sunday… 

5 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

I don’t think we will sign another CB. Docherty has got the players to play a back 4. If Jack decides to sign for us then we’d have extra cover for our defenders. Mulligan can even play as a winger in a 4-3-3.

Jack would be the cover for our defenders?

Thank you.

1 minute ago, peebles_Dee said:

Cover as in protect them. More security having Jack and Sylla ahead of the defence as oppose to Sylla and Lyall for example.

Yep, agree with that but would rather we bring in someone else of the Jack-ilk.

Thank you.

On 01/08/2024 at 19:34, LM_0803 said:

Edit - 

Decided to advertise another single concession Fair play lower ticket in addition to the one I posted about earlier (will update further on that one if and when it sells). So I'm now advertising a further concession ticket I bought last week for the FPL, however this one was sent via mail, and has yet to arrive as of today. 

Wanted to gauge interest in the second concession ticket for the derby that I have, providing it arrives in time. (Wasn't wanting to wait for it to arrive for it to be less than a day before the game and for the ticket to go to waste)

Once again, concession ticket in the fair play lower. Says adult on the ticket but looking for 18+2.50 delivery fee on this one. 

Not needed now due to the three JK tix in my possession. 

email proof of purchase can be sent if need be. 

Thank you. 

Quick update. Have had a message about the 2nd ticket and am awaiting payment, thank you . 

Just now, LM_0803 said:

Quick update. Have had a message about the 2nd ticket and am awaiting payment, thank you . 

Have also been paid for the first ticket so that one has been claimed.