All things Dundee FC

The value McCowan has to our squad, even disregarding the money he could help earn us in cup runs/racing top six, even for one more year is surely greater than a million and any offers otherwise ought to be ignored. If he goes, we're immediately a relegation risk in my eyes, such is his importance. Midfield creators like him are not a dime a dozen, and any deal made for his signing needs to reflect that.

10 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The value McCowan has to our squad, even disregarding the money he could help earn us in cup runs/racing top six, even for one more year is surely greater than a million and any offers otherwise ought to be ignored. If he goes, we're immediately a relegation risk in my eyes, such is his importance. Midfield creators like him are not a dime a dozen, and any deal made for his signing needs to reflect that.

Would this then open the door for Ryan Jack? Obviously prefer McCowan as he is more of a goal threat, however Jack would be a solid midfield option for us.

@RandomGuy. could you give us a couple of graphs comparing the 2?

Hopefully the club have learned from losing Stewart and Hemmings late in the window and Hartley saying he couldn’t keep pulling rabbits out the hat. If McCowan goes I hope it’s for a fair price and only after we’ve got a replacement lined up. I do feel though if there was a suitable replacement then Hibs would be pursuing that option though instead so not hopeful. 

So rumours saying Hibs and the ugly sisters are after McCowan? 

Who are the English clubs?

Would be lethal if he left before the end of the season. 

Thank you. 

Did anyone notice how small the bench looked as well?, 2 keepers again and I doubt he’ll use Richardson and lochead even Robertson for that matter

1 hour ago, jakedee said:

I know it's the Record, but...

Screenshot_20240805_180703_WhatsApp.jpg

Be a strange one if McCowan fancied that move - sideways move at best, and Hibs remain a complete basket case of a club. 

14 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

IMG_20240805_014413.jpg

Whenever I see this meme, I get irrationally annoyed that it’s the wrong way round.

In this scene, he sees better without the glasses. 

I’m torn as to what to do with McCowan.  On the one hand we absolutely must start making some money on our players.  We really can’t expect the board to keep making up yearly financial shortfalls.  

On the other hand, as has been said, McCowan is worth a few league positions for us / possible cup run and is a joy to watch.

If I was the chairman I’d have a serious discussion with Docherty to get his thoughts on the matter and as to whether he thinks he can replace McCowan or reorganise the team accordingly.

This McCowan situation will be the real test to see if we’ve turned a corner and stopped being a basket case club. Will we sell him 10 minutes before the window shuts with no replacement, or will we be competent. 

Very much a struggle yesterday with the formation being the root problem. We're already shoehorning McGhee in at centre back and to have young Graham struggling was just too much. We have to move to a back four on Saturday whilst we await the return of Robertson.

The amount of times McGhee had the ball and just dilly dallied around with nobody in the midfield demanding it was a joke.

It's a very good point in the end and felt like we were going to get a chance to win it. Main has to score.

As for McCowan, anything north of a million and he has to go. The club should be looking for his replacement right now as whether he stays this month or not, he'll be gone come next summer.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Very much a struggle yesterday with the formation being the root problem. We're already shoehorning McGhee in at centre back and to have young Graham struggling was just too much. We have to move to a back four on Saturday whilst we await the return of Robertson.

The amount of times McGhee had the ball and just dilly dallied around with nobody in the midfield demanding it was a joke.

It's a very good point in the end and felt like we were going to get a chance to win it. Main has to score.

As for McCowan, anything north of a million and he has to go. The club should be looking for his replacement right now as whether he stays this month or not, he'll be gone come next summer.

Thank you.

The amount of times Murray left the penalty box and came to collect a short pass in our own half was criminal as they were happy to play side to side

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Whenever I see this meme, I get irrationally annoyed that it’s the wrong way round.

In this scene, he sees better without the glasses. 

Now that I think back to the film, you're absolutely right 😆my bad. I know what you mean though, every time I see the Peter capaldi doctor who "depends on the context" meme, the scene dialogue is completely different to whatever the joke in the meme is 🤣

As an example, for any fellow peep show fans 😂

8vktrv7ftri31.jpg

20 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Think anytime we've played a back 4 recently we've looked better. Docs preferred 532 just doesn't work against sides that play 343 (st mirren last year, united yesterday. We ended the game really well, but I can't help but think that if he didn't wait until minute 74 to sub mulligan on then we could've got back into it earlier than we did. 

Cameron clears it in the 58th minute or so and not long after that Tiffoney comes on and we start to look better. 

Fraser rumoured to be coming soon on tdbf but other than that maybe Mallan would be another attainable mccowan replacement if he goes? Not sure how fit he is as I'm sure he's still a free agent. Don't think either are as defensively minded as Luke though. Surely you play Cameron further forward in the 10 and Mulligan with Sylla IF luke does leave. 

27 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

It would still be a back 4 if we had Clark Robertson. He is CB or LB.

I can't see Docherty binning the back 3. It served us well last season and he's pretty much built his squad around it for this season.

Can see the argument in ditching it until Robertson is back but still can't see Docherty doing so.