All things Dundee FC

Been busy as f**k so missed all the Levitt talk - I actually got to know him during his time in the city and was a great lad with his head screwed on. Clearly had a lot of potential.

Hibs seem to be one of those clubs you go to and it clicks and you are amazing - or - more frequently at the minute - you go there and end up caught up in the absolute shambles they appear off field.

I’d happily give him a chance at Dens - but not in exchange for McCowan and for far less than he was getting paid not only at Hibs but also at Utd - not is certainly not skint thanks to those basket cases and his early Man U deals! 

That first half today was magic. The Dee intensity that won every second ball blew the Jambos away. It could have been more at half time. 
The defence looked way better than last week. Keep the tempo up and we’ll do ok this season. 
I am hoarse today. For once through cheering my team on, although the ref merited the odd insult!

Well done Tony Docherty. 

Listened to Sportsound coming home and Tam English giving massive credit to McCowan and Cameron. Preston saying we'll struggle to hang onto either of them because they're both so good.

They are and they deserve all the plaudits they get but they should also be thanking one man that allows them to play with so much attacking freedom and that's the Derry Vieira - Mo Sylla.

I'll make a bold shout abd say he's probably pound for pound been Tony Docherty's best signing considering he was just a 29 year old, lower English league French man that was refusing to play for Harlepool in the National League - hardly the most exciting signing in the world on paper!

What a destroyer he is.

Get a new contract in front of him tonight!

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Untitled.png

Guy in front of me was on about that, was going to ask on here if he was injured, think this would be a mistake.

eta Is Mulligan not under contract?

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Guy in front of me was on about that, was going to ask on here if he was injured, think this would be a mistake.

eta Is Mulligan not under contract?

He's got another year on his deal - same as Cameron & McCowan.

Hopefully nonsense. It'd need to take a big money offer for him surely as we'd be entitled to decent compensation in any case? And I don't see why Hearts would want him considering they've got about 12 CMs.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Must be injured, hopefully a slight strain.

Prime time to ask your thoughts on Doc's watch. On display several times here. What is it?

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Prime time to ask your thoughts on Doc's watch. On display several times here. What is it?

It's an Omega Seamaster, could be an Aqua Terra as well, but defo Omega. V. nice.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

1 hour ago, Chateau Lafite said:

That first half today was magic. The Dee intensity that won every second ball blew the Jambos away. It could have been more at half time. 
The defence looked way better than last week. Keep the tempo up and we’ll do ok this season. 
I am hoarse today. For once through cheering my team on, although the ref merited the odd insult!

Well done Tony Docherty. 

I think Doc deserves a lot of plaudits for putting together a squad where every single player is willing to do hard, dirty work and bust a gut to cover, make themselves available, and generally just harass the shite out of the opponent. It's a sharp contrast to McCann/McPake years where we always looked like we had a fair few guys just going through the motions.

I think managers are too often just judged on tactical acumen and straight results, but being able to identify players that will fit your plan, play as a cohesive unit, and give 100% effort 100% of the time is a talent all in itself, and it's a refreshing change to have someone at Dens who feels like they are building something longer-term, and not just fire-fighting match by match. The fact we now operate with a really high press at times, and it's actually working and teams are struggling with it, is a joy to behold.

Think it's not really been touched on but a lot of people were saying they'd prefer to see us go to 4 at the back for this game after the response at United.

I was saying that I couldn't see Doc changing for his shape that served us so well and signed players for.

He changes to said 4-3-3 shape and catches everyone out including Steven Naismith who changed to 3 at the back specifically to go man for man against us.

I was speaking to my mate who pointed out to me how rude of a question Docherty was asked in the build up of the game which was, 'Have you learned much from Steven Naismith's management?' and the answer is, he completely out-thought him today and our team completely out-fought his.

What a manager we have.

As for the disallowed goal - it was a Sylla handball about 2 minutes (but in the same passage of play, unfortunately) in the middle of the pitch. I remember because Dhanda went mental about it so I assumed it must have been because it was such an innocuous moment and the free-kick was taken from the same spot.

3 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Yes sorry. I meant disallowed 

Wasn’t trying to be facetious when I asked.  For once I had a great view of the incident and Sylla definitely leaned towards the ball ensuring the ball struck his upper arm.  In fact I didn’t even celebrate the ‘goal’ because I was certain it would be disallowed.