All things Dundee FC

Didn't really get the games to judge did he not get a ed card on his debut?

Aye he did. It was against QOS and Rab Douglas saved a penalty. I believe we won 1-0? It was my nephews first game at Dens so it sticks in my memory.

Didn't really get the games to judge did he not get a ed card on his debut?

He did, as did Nicky Riley in the same game. It was the first match of the Deefiant season. We beat Queen of the South 1-0 anyway.

Sensara's other game was at Stenhousemuir in the Challenge Cup, and that was even more unfortunate for him. He was horribly exposed by a Div 2 team, hooked at half time, and that was the end of his Dark Blue career.

So the faithful cried out "Lord, gie us a left back, pleeeease". And the Lord was good to the Dee and sent them Matty Lockwood, and the Derry gave thanks.

I wasn't joking about primary school kids who could say they've seen better Dundee left backs than Paul DIxon.

I'm too young who's that??

Being too young is never an excuse for failing to recognise the late, lamented Derry hero Eric Schaedler.

My favourite memory is the crucial 4-1 thumping of promotion rivals St Johnstone at Dens, Easter 1981. Schaedler set up a goal with a great cross, and was badly fouled by a late challenge in front of the Derry. He was crocked ground and couldn't stand, but was celebrating as best he could lying on the ground. Pain? Nothing to the likes of Eric Schaedler.

Who was the ginger haired, Northern Irish left back (I think) we had who lasted 45 minutes at Livingston before getting subbed? Most nervous performance I've seen in my life.

Chris Casement.

Edited by rambling syd rumpo