All things Dundee FC

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Celtic are gearing up for a bid now that they've got Idah over the line. Well, that'll be Hibs f**ked after all their mucking about.

Dundee are absolutely entitled to get as much money for a player if he is for sale - the obvious flipside is that Hibs are perfectly entitled to ask Dundee if they would be open to an offer, and if the answer is yes, to make one.

On mucking about - Hibs are not using press conferences and pet reporters to unsettle him (as usually happens when certain clubs want a player).

The leaking of bids has not come from Hibs, its either someone at Dundee or (more likely) the agent who are working with The Sun.

I imagine we will walk away now as, good player that he is, its become a total circus.

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Dundee are absolutely entitled to get as much money for a player if he is for sale - the obvious flipside is that Hibs are perfectly entitled to ask Dundee if they would be open to an offer, and if the answer is yes, to make one.

On mucking about - Hibs are not using press conferences and pet reporters to unsettle him (as usually happens when certain clubs want a player).

The leaking of bids has not come from Hibs, its either someone at Dundee or (more likely) the agent who are working with The Sun.

I imagine we will walk away now as, good player that he is, its become a total circus.

Hardly a circus but you could have bid what you were told we valued the player at in the first place and not dragged it out!

9 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

At 750k it's almost a deal that nobody is really happy with.  Dees will feel he's worth more and Hibees less.  No disrespect to Hibs, like most Dees I'm a fan, but it seems more of a sideways move than a step up. 

2 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

Hardly a circus but you could have bid what you were told we valued the player at in the first place and not dragged it out!

That would be a very daft way to do business. 750k is huge money at our level and I’m more than happy for us to give up at that. If Celtic have been in the background all along we’ve never had a chance anyway.

18 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Nah, I just don't buy that.

Your opening 2 bids were laughable. The first one was rumoured to be £250k and laughed at. The second was supposedly 650k and one of your dregs. The prize money between finishing 6th and 10th is almost 500k by itself (nevermind cup money or qualification for Europe) and Hibs came in expecting to buy the captain and most important player of a direct league rival for around that same amount of money - a club that just pipped your in placing? That's the definition of mucking about.

We'll have told you the price we'd be comfortable with and whilst rightfully, most Hibs fans may deem that an unrealistic figure, it should then be taken as a note that he's not for sale to you unless you spend stupid money. To keep coming in with offers of... let's be real here, utter shite in terms of overall prospective value for us, all Hibs have done is raise awareness of Dundee's asking price and Luke's availability.

All this whilst you're apparently backed by a supposed billionaire and McCowan was supposedly the 'number 1 target' - whether he goes to Celtic or not, you're absolutely entitled to send in whatever offers you like but all you've ultimately done is mugged yourselves off.

8 minutes ago, Zing. said:

That would be a very daft way to do business. 750k is huge money at our level and I’m more than happy for us to give up at that. If Celtic have been in the background all along we’ve never had a chance anyway.

10 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Daft business in this case has been proven be trying to lowball us and offering Dylan Levitt.

I said yesterday that now Hibs were talking serious at 750k, we'd probably get to a deal with 16 days left in the window but that that bid would still be rejected. If it's true that this was Hibs' absolute limit, then they've simply wasted their time and they could have found this out in the initial negotiations rather than starting with 2 embarrassing offers.

Edited by Ludo*1

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nah, I just don't buy that.

Your opening 2 bids were laughable. The first one was rumoured to be £250k and laughed at. The second was supposedly 650k and one of your dregs. The prize money between finishing 6th and 10th is almost 500k by itself (nevermind cup money or qualification for Europe) and Hibs came in expecting to buy the captain and most important player of a direct league rival for around that same amount of money - a club that just pipped your in placing? That's the definition of mucking about.

We'll have told you the price we'd be comfortable with and whilst rightfully, most Hibs fans may deem that an unrealistic figure, it should then be taken as a note that he's not for sale to you unless you spend stupid money. To keep coming in with offers of... let's be real here, utter shite in terms of overall prospective value for us, all Hibs have done is raise awareness of Dundee's asking price and Luke's availability.

All this whilst you're apparently backed by a supposed billionaire and McCowan was supposedly the 'number 1 target' - whether he goes to Celtic or not, you're absolutely entitled to send in whatever offers you like but all you've ultimately done is mugged yourselves off.

Pretty much everything you have stated there is complete supposition.

As I said, Dundee can do what they want, as can Hibs.

I like you as a poster and I'm not getting into some daft spat about it........................

12 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Pretty much everything you have stated there is complete supposition.

As I said, Dundee can do what they want, as can Hibs.

I like you as a poster and I'm not getting into some daft spat about it........................

It's really not.

We absolutely can, I'm just stating the facts of the matter.

But let's leave it there, indeed.

I'm just concerned at whether he would be able to make the big step up. It's one thing being a big fish at a small club, but when you get a move to one of the giants, will you be able to handle the pressure? The atmosphere at a packed Easter Road? We all know how heavy it is to wear the Hibernian badge so that's the only thing putting me off.

Obviously the poor lad is frustrated at being held against his will but better players around for that money IMO.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

Would much prefer if he was to move it was to Celtic. No doubt Hibs are a bigger club than us but McCowan is a better player than them. A move to England would be better than both 

5 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

I'm just concerned at whether he would be able to make the big step up. It's one thing being a big fish at a small club, but when you get a move to one of the giants, will you be able to handle the pressure? The atmosphere at a packed Easter Road? We all know how heavy it is to wear the Hibernian badge so that's the only thing putting me off.

Better players around for that money IMO.

At least you speak from experience I suppose Fraser. 

5 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Obviously the poor lad is frustrated at being held against his will but better players around for that money IMO.

I hope for your sake McCowan doesn’t score a winner at Easter Road next week. 

16 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

You will hook a few immature trout with that one, but the big fish will ignore...............

22 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

He’s not getting held back against his will he’s happy at dens and has never asked for a transfer 

23 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

This is an attempt at ruining the Hi-Dee relationship.  Horrific behaviour.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Do you know that the leaking hasn't come from Hibs for certain? I don't think it seems too far-fetched to suggest that a prospective buying team would leak it to the papers to try and unsettle the player and force a move through. Wouldn't surprise me if it did come from the agent, mind you, to try and drum up as much interest as possible.

You're right, it has been a circus. Mostly because Hibs are wasting our time with derisory offers. 

Edited by Pens_Dark

39 minutes ago, Vicdfc said:

He’s not getting held back against his will he’s happy at dens and has never asked for a transfer 

Not what I'm hearing mate. Good source tells me there's an eery atmosphere around the DFC training ground after there was a wee bust-up between Luke and the manager.

Obviously just going off what I was told so can't guarantee this 100% but it makes you wonder.

47 minutes ago, Vicdfc said:

He's at it...best ignore. 

19 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Do you know that the leaking hasn't come from Hibs for certain? I don't think it seems too far-fetched to suggest that a prospective buying team would leak it to the papers to try and unsettle the player and force a move through. Wouldn't surprise me if it did come from the agent, mind you, to try and drum up as much interest as possible.

You're right, it has been a circus. Mostly because Hibs are wasting our time with derisory offers. 

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN