All things Dundee FC

34 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

If Dundee fans want progress and signings they need to come out and back the team! Home attendances for the first 2 games of the season have been very disappointing. There’s a board and owner who have done more than anyone else for the last 40yrs, get off your arses, forget the dodgy fire sticks and back the team!!

Agreed, i said similar towards the end of last that i thought we were 1000 light on home attendances at a minimum.

But if people can't afford it what can you do? That's why if the owners had taken £500k for McCowan to cover the shortfall for this season you can't really complain.

22 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

Agreed, i said similar towards the end of last that i thought we were 1000 light on home attendances at a minimum.

But if people can't afford it what can you do? That's why if the owners had taken £500k for McCowan to cover the shortfall for this season you can't really complain.

They will though, any less than £750k they’ll be moaning but still won’t be near Dens 

8 hours ago, ravabelli said:

If Dundee fans want progress and signings they need to come out and back the team! Home attendances for the first 2 games of the season have been very disappointing. There’s a board and owner who have done more than anyone else for the last 40yrs, get off your arses, forget the dodgy fire sticks and back the team!!

I have probably done this to death already.

'Get off your arses' is a bit of a poor statement to make, with no context.

Think of me and my 2 teenage boys sitting on the sofa, ready to watch the Hearts game on the tv, for nothing, then rephrase your statement to give a bit more context..

'Get off your arses, and handover £70.' Sounds a bit more accurate.

Instead of seeing the low attendance as a 'stubborn fan issue', see it more as an 'out of touch pricing' issue.

On 29/04/2023 at 13:26, ravabelli said:

DFC seem to be a shambles behind the scenes / Nelms is a problem but without his mates money we’re screwed!

8 hours ago, ravabelli said:

There’s a board and owner who have done more than anyone else for the last 40yrs

You have also fair changed your opinion of the board.

I think at this early stage of the season when you consider people having not long bought season tickets, new home and away tops and had to pay for other league cup matches it’s a lot of outgoings in a short period of time so I can understand people giving yesterday a miss tbh. Especially with another away fixture next week that looks more appealing.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You have also fair changed your opinion of the board.

So have I in all honesty, like many others almost entirely because he finally managed to make a really good managerial appointment, and backed him. 

On the attendances thing, early season cup games against lower league opposition have always had shite attendances, even in the old days when season tickets holders had slips for these games. 

9 hours ago, ravabelli said:

I agree to a point , the match experience is much better actually at the game , I watched the games on the stick during Covid and okay you get to keep up with what’s going on at the time , but absolutely nothing like being there , but then again not everyone can afford the price of season tickets or even one game at a time , so I wouldn’t say get off your erse and get up to dens to anyone who can’t afford it , £30 could mean the difference between he/she going to the game or feeding their family of 4 or5 for the weekend , I’m lucky I’ve worked all my life never had to make a choice like that 

Long slow process rebuilding the club and fanbase

We’re literally on the first rung of the ladder 

If we get a good draw this afternoon and remain unbeaten up to the international break you could say we’ve maybe got a foot on rung 2.

It will take more before you see any tangible change in numbers through the door

*btw is there any cash gate at Easter Road next Saturday, might be able to make it if there is -so looks like it’s finally e-tickets, problem solved 

Edited by MarkoP

I know we had Coyne and wright, and Graham Harvey , but very seldom did we play with the 3 of them in the same line up , so is Murray , palmer Holden , and Tiff the best front three we’ve had since early 70s when we had Wallace , Duncan and Jocky playing regularly as a front 3 ? 

13 hours ago, ravabelli said:

The club nerd to make it easier for people to attend. Season ticket prices for adults and kids are shocking. A major blunder from the club this year. Their pricing out loads of people who might attend . 

13 hours ago, ravabelli said:

If yesterday's game was from the previous few seasons, the attendance wouldn't have topped 2k....probably.

2 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

I know we had Coyne and wright, and Graham Harvey , but very seldom did we play with the 3 of them in the same line up , so is Murray , palmer Holden , and Tiff the best front three we’ve had since early 70s when we had Wallace , Duncan and Jocky playing regularly as a front 3 ? 

Duffy utilised a 4-3-3 in the 2000s but would usually include someone poor but he had the options of Sara, Cab, Novo & Lovell at certain points.

The best I've seen in 50 years is Coyne, Wright and Harvey easily, going on goals scored. The front three we have just now look equally as good, need to wait until the seasons end, and their goal tally to properly judge them though.

Thank you.

48 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The best I've seen in 50 years is Coyne, Wright and Harvey easily, going on goals scored. The front three we have just now look equally as good, need to wait until the seasons end, and their goal tally to properly judge them though.

Thank you.

Yes I agree but we very seldom played the 3 together except when really going for it near end , 

4 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

I hope we get United at Hampden. I think we will draw Spartans at home and United will get Motherwell. 

If it's not a derby I think we will get one of the old firm and united will get either Falkirk or Spartans