All things Dundee FC

Any Cowser news? 

I hope we can keep the blonde bomber at least until January, if possible...

(I realise that is being very optimistic)

Edited by Girth

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Any Cowser news? 

I hope we can keep the blonde bomber at least until January, if possible...

(I realise that is being very optimistic)

The rumour that's doing the rounds is that a deal has been agreed in principle for McCowan  to go to Celtic for £1.4 million as soon as O'Reilly is sold.

Probably pure speculation.

League Cup QF on Saturday 21st September at 5:30 PM. Pretty happy with that tbh, was certain it'd be on the Sunday and I wouldn't be able to go. The rare occasion where I might actually bother going to an away Old Firm game, team deserves the backing and at we'll get half the money.

I like how this season we are getting players Burnley have found that will be of a high quality. I’d take Dodgson back but he’s a wing back and not a fullback as strengths are on the ball and going forward. 

If we were to get Ronaldinho JR it will be big news and other teams fans will be quick to judge him if he’s poor. There may be unfair expectation put on him but if he has got talent our system may be perfect for him.

6 hours ago, jakedee said:

Julien Vetro? Rumour is he's signed

Courier is saying he's up on trial with us thanks to our Burnley connection but nothing about him signing yet anyway.

Edit to add - Transfer markt has him as a left winger/second striker and currently without a club

Edited by locheedee

Fair play to Portales if his call up for Mexico comes off. 

Moving to a completely different country and thriving within an alternative playing style and culture. Another great piece of business by the club. The only negative is whether we can get him tied down as bigger clubs will be taking notice. 

Have we ever had so many potential saleable assets in a team in recent times? Even taking out McCowan you have the likes of Cameron, Portales, Mulligan, McCracken and Ingram(i'm calling it after early viewing). Koumetio on paper looks in the same bracket but time will tell on him.

Tying down some of these boys due to leave next summer on longer contracts throughout the season is as big as bringing in new blood IMO. 

Thank you.