All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Watching Nelms on the warmup and being asked if there will be anything left of Dens I doubt there will be. He kept saying about how the keeping it in a certain condition is expensive and it’s wearing poorly. It will be sad as it’s so historic for the boardroom, architecture and closeness to rivals.

The guy that does 'footy adventures' on youtube had a tour of the boardroom, they said they were stripping it out and taking it to campy.

It says about the Dens Park Boardroom in the document posted on TDBF, pretty sure key parts are being taken over to the new site

It also says they’re building it for £95m which I severely doubt mind you 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, MarbellaDEE said:

As a member of said supporters club, I can confirm that the Carnoustie Dee’s are doing very well indeed. A fine bunch of lads and lassies and run by a passionate young Dee who puts everything into the supporters club. 

Thank you. 

download(27).jpeg.3a69a7bfcf83323446b5226a8be985e6.jpeg

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Couldn't tell you what the chunt looks like, probably drinks in the Stags Head with the rest of the dayglo muppets.

Thank you.

Probs the best boozer in Carnoustie now, tbf. 

Will be interesting to see McCowans reaction at full time tomorrow as i've got my doubts he'll still be here after next week. 

Bring a tear to a glass eye if the wee man comes over saying his goodbyes. 

Either way he'll know there's plenty of eyes on him tomorrow. Feel he's tried to do too much at times this season in particular at Tanndice. Keep it simple and his class will shine through for all to see. Anyway i'll be several pints deep and thinking im watching Pirlo whether he's playing like Martin woods or not tomorrow. 

Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Will be interesting to see McCowans reaction at full time tomorrow as i've got my doubts he'll still be here after next week. 

Bring a tear to a glass eye if the wee man comes over saying his goodbyes. 

Either way he'll know there's plenty of eyes on him tomorrow. Feel he's tried to do too much at times this season in particular at Tanndice. Keep it simple and his class will shine through for all to see. Anyway i'll be several pints deep and thinking im watching Pirlo whether he's playing like Martin woods or not tomorrow. 

Thank you. 

With the MoR signing for Brighton looking likely I think you could be correct with this one sadly. With reports of Beck also going there it’s going to be a tough pill to swallow. Seeing them both in Celtic tops isn’t going to do anything for mental wellbeing.

No thank you. 

20 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ryan Howley any good lads? Someone on our thread saying he’s possibly signing on loan for us. 

He’s talented but when he played I just thought he looked shy and didn’t have much belief in himself. I watched him in a B team game and his range of passing, strength and ball carries were great but he didn’t get much of a chance at Dundee.

13 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ryan Howley any good lads? Someone on our thread saying he’s possibly signing on loan for us. 

Should do well with you in your romp to 1st place. 

Thank you 

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

What's the pub situation with this new stadium?

Plenty pubs in Lochee , but full of mostly Celtic fans , think there is a couple of pubs planned for the development 

51 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

More tinpot defending from us today - that second goal was just ridiculous.

Feels like all the same problems from last season are still there.

We cut Hibs open on the counter again and again today, but just couldn't find a final ball to set up a clear chance. We look a lot more of a constant threat in the 4-3-3 than we did last season, but we still look like we'll ship a ton of goals and drop a lot of points as a consequence. Frustrating.

I suppose you could argue that we're not playing a full strength back four right now, and that you could expect the defending to improve as we get more players back fit, but even if Clark Robertson helps, I honestly think big JS will struggle to get into the team if we stick to the back 4. He's the ideal big lump to play in the middle of a 3, but I'm not certain he'd be one of our two best CB's if we are just playing a pair. 

Edited by Boo Khaki

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Feels like all the same problems from last season are still there.

We cut Hibs open on the counter again and again today, but just couldn't find a final ball to set up a clear chance. We look a lot more of a constant threat in the 4-3-3 than we did last season, but we still look like we'll ship a ton of goals and drop a lot of points as a consequence. Frustrating.

That’s what happens when you go 433 though , personally I’m enjoying it I’d rather watch us play like that today and draw 2 -2  than defend in 3 that becomes a 5 when need be and watch a nil nil 

1 hour ago, Wee jeemie said:

That’s what happens when you go 433 though , personally I’m enjoying it I’d rather watch us play like that today and draw 2 -2  than defend in 3 that becomes a 5 when need be and watch a nil nil 

The goals we lose though aren't to do with that formation but us switching off at key moments.

It's frustrating when we're in control of games only to concede a silly goal and let the opposition back in.  Those individual errors must have Doc tearing his hair out.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh