All things Dundee FC

I’d reject any Hibs offer as it’s a terrible move for him. No career progression, atmosphere and he is less likely to get a Scotland call-up in a Hibs team. I’ll be very angry if we let him go to Hibs and to anybody for 750k. Celtic I’d accept 1.5 million or a bit more. If Celtic don’t sign him this summer then I’d try and get him on a 1 year deal with a 1million release clause.

Just seen a good suggestion of doubling or trebling Luke’s wage and put an 1.5mil release clause. If we get Europe and do well in the cups it’s worth more than 750k. 

I think Luke will stand out for his leadership and discipline this year even more than his skill. His game keep changing. RW then to a creative midfield and now since he’s now captain he’s turned into a Calum McGregor type player. He’s the difference between 8th and 3rd and can not go for 750k.

1 minute ago, peebles_Dee said:

Just seen a good suggestion of doubling or trebling Luke’s wage and put an 1.5mil release clause. If we get Europe and do well in the cups it’s worth more than 750k. 

I think Luke will stand out for his leadership and discipline this year even more than his skill. His game keep changing. RW then to a creative midfield and now since he’s now captain he’s turned into a Calum McGregor type player. He’s the difference between 8th and 3rd and can not go for 750k.

You need to come to terms with this.

McCowan will be away by the end of the week.

7 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Here’s hoping 😉

You’ll get gubbed on Saturday with or without Luke , Dundee are no one man now , in fact I’d say Luke has only been at his best in small flashes so far this season , he’s not reached last seasons standards yet 

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

You need to come to terms with this.

McCowan will be away by the end of the week.

If he goes it will be Celtic at the 11th hour. Possibly £1M and someone like Holm or Ralston coming our way on loan for the season. Hope I’m wrong. 

51 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Who's starting the binfire match thread this week?

Fook, I’d forgotten what a bunch of knob ends the West Glasgow cuntos are. Hopefully after getting their arse handed to them in Europe and a relatively poor start in the league they’ll be less old firmy than they were getting to be at the end of last season. 

Nelms  in the courier saying we are still open to a ground share but they have to call us & Apparently they nearly invested in St Mirren before they got involved with us...

John Nelms is open to sharing Dundee’s new Camperdown Park project with another club.

But only if they pick up the phone first.

The Dundee managing director is hoping to see a planning permission in principle application for the club’s new stadium get the green light soon.

The original date slated for a council hearing, however, has been delayed with no new date confirmed.

And Transport Scotland want more time to evaluate the potential traffic impact on the Kingsway.

Dens chairman Tim Keyes and Nelms are pushing on with the project in the meantime and have released a spectacular fly-through video of what the stadium will look like when complete.

And Nelms took to The Warm-Up podcast to discuss the plans among other things.

In a round of quick-fire questions, the American was asked if he’d be open to sharing the stadium with another club, most likely rivals Dundee United.

Nelms replied: “Sure.

“My phone rings!”

Nelms, along Dee owner – and fellow Texan – Tim Keyes, took a flight to meet United custodian Mark Ogren back in 2018 to establish a personal relationship with the Minnesotan.

Nelms also revealed that he and Keyes initially looked at St Mirren when aiming to invest in a football club, where fellow podcast guest Brian Caldwell – now at Motherwell – was chief executive.

Tim Keyes (right) joins John Nelms and Dundee media man Pete McEleney at the open training session. Image: David Young

Tim Keyes (right) with John Nelms (centre) and Dee media man Pete McEleny (left) at an open training session this summer. Image: David Young

“We looked at about eight clubs – England, Scotland, Holland, Belgium – and Dundee kept coming to the top of the table on a risk-reward scenario,” Nelms said.

And asked about the number of American owners in Scottish football, Nelms added: “When Mark [Ogren] took over at United, Tim and I flew up to meet him in his hometown and to introduce ourselves, let him know what he’s in for.

“Tim and I have owned the club for nearly 11 years now. I met Brian [Caldwell] just before that when we looked at St Mirren.

“The investment for us was to bring some business acumen to football.

“We’re very patient people, we are still here after 11 years and we take small steps.

“What we thought we could do was take a football club like Dundee that was struggling financially and put some business acumen into it, put investment into it, build up the academy and infrastructure as we’re doing now.

“And at the end of the day you’ll have something.

“We’ve made a lot of mistakes on the way and we’ve learned from those mistakes.

“We think we’ve built something much bigger than we started with.”

Edited by locheedee

Baybrooke is going to be one of our best signing yet. It doesn’t matter that he’s not the most physical as we can work around Sylla not playing. Braybrooke is very technical and will go right to the top. He is like Iniesta/Modric type player.

If Sylla isn’t available we could always play with 2 sitting midfielders with Robertson, McCowan and Braybrooke being able to play that role.

I’ve shared a video I got sent of Braybrooke a month ago which went viral in the coaching video accounts. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8uoxB4sF-n/?igsh=MWxmaGN5aDk2N2lzNw==

Just now, johnnydun said:

Speaks volumes that we are bringing in a CM imo.

Yeah that was my first thought. Wouldn't be surprised to hear what we've all been waiting for pretty soon after this new boy is announced.

I think our recruitment has been excellent but I’m unsure if we needed Koumeito if we still might be getting Donnelly who can even play LB, Robertson and Luke Graham who is decent. Larkeche I think is a player that will suit certain games where we dominate the ball and have lots of passing options which we didn’t do as much of on Saturday.

Our signings have made the squad be very versatile. Braybrooke can allow us to play a formation with 2 sitting midfielders and 2 advanced midfielders. He might not play ever game as he is most likely a possession based player and he has just came back from injury. There is lot of football to be played so I’m sure he would be happy with the amount of game time he gets.

5-2-2-1, 4-3-3 and being able to play a 3-5-2 is great and the options off the bench are very good. Keep McCowan and I’m confident we get 3rd.

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Speaks volumes that we are bringing in a CM imo.

To be fair, we've been desperate for someone to cover/complement Sylla. He's the one player in the team we don't have a replacement for. And this guy sounds like the Boateng type to complement and compete with Sylla rather than replace McCowan or Cameron.