All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, MarkoP said:

Scott Fraser deal still on according to someone on TDBF

Do we want him?

100%.

Watched the Scotland U21 game yesterday and Lyall Cameron was outstanding and clearly the best player on the pitch alongside Lennon Miller.

Mulligan had a few of his wonder runs but let himself down with simple passes and sometimes doing a bit too much. Needs to engage his head a bit more IMO as he's brimmed with ability. Have high hopes this will be the season we see a real kick on from him though.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

10 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

100%.

Watched the Scotland U21 game yesterday and Lyall Cameron was outstanding and clearly the best player on the pitch alongside Lennon Miller.

Mulligan had a few of his wonder runs but let himself down with simple passes and sometimes doing a bit too much. Needs to engage his head a bit more IMO as he's brimmed with ability. Have high hopes this will be the season we see a real kick on from him though.

Thank you.

I watched it too, thought exactly the same about Mulligan, can see why Doc isn’t starting him, saying that I thought there was a lot of over casualness in the team.

Cameron and Miller were a level above the rest

2 hours ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

New deals offered to Cameron, Mulligan and Sylla according to Mr S on dark blues site.

Quick question regarding this, I don’t think Lyall is going to sign an extension so, will we get a development fee if he waits till summer to move on?

Also what are we looking at, as I think his value is going to soar this season, more so with Luke away.

Don't know if I missed an announcement, as I had a quick look back on the club site and the SPFL site, but has our home league match against the Blue Bigots been postponed? Can't see it on the fixture list, and no mention of a postponement that I can see...

5 hours ago, MarkoP said:

Quick question regarding this, I don’t think Lyall is going to sign an extension so, will we get a development fee if he waits till summer to move on?

Yes.

You'll get compensation unless the player starts the season 23yo or older, or if you're in the final few weeks of an u23s contract and haven't offered them a new deal better, or the same, as they're on.

4 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Don't know if I missed an announcement, as I had a quick look back on the club site and the SPFL site, but has our home league match against the Blue Bigots been postponed? Can't see it on the fixture list, and no mention of a postponement that I can see...

Your league game v Rangers on Sat 2nd Nov is bound to be cancelled, as is also League Cup SF weekend, and you've drawn each other in QF.

Your game H v Celtic on Dec 14th is also vulnerable to LC Final.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Your league game v Rangers on Sat 2nd Nov is bound to be cancelled, as is also League Cup SF weekend, and you've drawn each other in QF.

It's unfortunate to have call-offs for the semis and final, but it'll be worth it when we win the cup 😎

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Thank you for the heads-up, we're otherwise too busy for league games on that particular weekend date.

Regards. 

Totally underwhelming start to the league season. Humping a load of dross in the preseason fitness cup has glossed over it a bit IMO, but 6 points from the opening 5 fixtures, with a metric f**kton conceded and Aberdeen, Rangers, and Celtic no even played yet is nowhere near good enough. That's relegation candidate numbers.

20 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Totally underwhelming start to the league season. Humping a load of dross in the preseason fitness cup has glossed over it a bit IMO, but 6 points from the opening 5 fixtures, with a metric f**kton conceded and Aberdeen, Rangers, and Celtic no even played yet is nowhere near good enough. That's relegation candidate numbers.

We won't be getting relegated this season.

Absolutely nothing in the game today and Portales and Koumetio were fine. An absolutely horrific individual display by Ethan Ingram lost us that one. He was beyond bad even outwith the goal incidents.

Long season ahead with Robertson now returning who was one of our main defensive signings.

Austrian looks far more comfortable out wide than Palmer-Houlden and can be a good player going off the second half today.

We've still got plenty of talent around our squad. Today was poor but that County side were certainly not a better team. Plenty games to come and a settled eleven is still to be seen.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

We won't be getting relegated this season.

Absolutely nothing in the game today and Portales and Koumetio were fine. An absolutely horrific individual display by Ethan Ingram lost us that one. He was beyond bad even outwith the goal incidents.

Long season ahead with Robertson now returning who was one of our main defensive signings.

Austrian looks far more comfortable out wide than Palmer-Houlden and can be a good player going off the second half today.

We've still got plenty of talent around our squad. Today was poor but that County side were certainly not a better team. Plenty games to come and a settled eleven is still to be seen.

Thank you.

Got to admire your optimism. I don’t think big Billy is near ready to start (looks exactly like young Graham to me), and the 2 full backs have got to step up and show if we were right to sign them. Certainly we were miles better when Braybrooke and the Burnley lad came on. You summed Josh up pretty well earlier in the week and he was exactly that today.  If Clark Robertson is any good him and McGhee would be my preferred pairing at the centre, but we’ll probs need to play McGhee at RB. I think Portales could be an option at RB as his tackling is his biggest attribute plus he’s half decent on the ball - and his mistakes might not be so costly. The defence is an utter shambles.