All things Dundee FC

Dow hasn't. How does Deeboy know? Deeboy fingered his missus last night.

What an awkward conversation that must've been

Genuine question: Should we be worried about next season? Hartley overall, has done a brilliant job. This season will go down as a disappointment, which shows how far he's brought us on. However, with no United next season we'll be losing out on a hell of a lot of money. Rangers will plug that gap somewhat, but our biggest crowd of the season is against United. We now won't receive our cash boost early like top 6 sides do - so that will inevitably slow us down in the transfer market - and we know how quick on the button Hartley likes to be.

So with United being replaced by Rangers, Killie/Hamilton potentially being replaced by Hibs (I doubt that one at the moment but you never know) the league will be much tougher, we'll have less revenue coming in, and we have much of the same defence that's struggled this season for next year and not even a whiff of a CDM being signed. That, combined with the ever increasing pressure Hartley finds himself under (Not so much on here which seems to be a voice of reason, but at the games and on other forums) to make us a consistent 'cup winning/top 4 side' (I'm being slightly facetious due to some of the expectations I see that are beyond belief for non-Dee's looking in) is next season one to worry about or to be ever more excited about?

Good post. Whats this bit all about m9? :huh:

Good post. Whats this bit all about m9? :huh:

We get paid roughly the same amounts as teams in the top 6 but they receive their lump sum pretty much as soon as the season ends whereas the bottom 6 don't get their payment till much later, possibly just before the new season kicks off.

We get paid roughly the same amounts as teams in the top 6 but they receive their lump sum pretty much as soon as the season ends whereas the bottom 6 don't get their payment till much later, possibly just before the new season kicks off.

That seems a tad unfair. Surely every club should get x amount each then hand out the rest later?

I'm hoping we're at the stage now where we actually have the ability to actually spend the money and timing isn't an issue. Americans seem to be our overdraft facility and we've regularly been handing out 2-3 year contracts recently which implies we've got the facilities to handle these things OK.

Home crowd against Aberdeen and Celtic seems to be the main financial hit from missing out on 6th but we've got a Derby that will hopefully negate this a bit.

Finish 7th then we're probably £140k worse off than 6th, 8th would be around £190k. That's accounting for a loss of around 2000 extra fans on one of the gates. It's a blow when we think of it as a couple of players or a decent transfer fee but hopefully our board have had this scenario in mind.

I'm hoping we're at the stage now where we actually have the ability to actually spend the money and timing isn't an issue. Americans seem to be our overdraft facility and we've regularly been handing out 2-3 year contracts recently which implies we've got the facilities to handle these things OK.

Home crowd against Aberdeen and Celtic seems to be the main financial hit from missing out on 6th but we've got a Derby that will hopefully negate this a bit.

Finish 7th then we're probably £140k worse off than 6th, 8th would be around £190k. That's accounting for a loss of around 2000 extra fans on one of the gates. It's a blow when we think of it as a couple of players or a decent transfer fee but hopefully our board have had this scenario in mind.}

I can't make head nor tail of your arithmetic there m9 :huh:

#Deecenomics

I can't make head nor tail of your arithmetic there m9 :huh:

#Deecenomics

That was done in my head but a more scientific approach is laid out.

Final payouts[1]

6th - Â£1,318,750

7th - Â£1,213,250

8th - Â£1,160,500

So 7th is around £105k worse off than 6th and 8th is around £160k.

Attendances[2]

Dundee V Aberdeen - 6327

Dundee V Celtic - 9566

Dundee V St Johnstone(1)/St Johnstone(2)/Motherwell(1)/Motherwell(2)/Ross County(1)/Ross County(2) - (6176, 4876, 5162, 4960, 5128, 5095; AVG - 5233)

Dundee V Kilmarnock - 4970

Dundee V United - 11025

Dundee V Hamilton - 4568

Gate difference based on 3 home games being preserved: -4868 cat a, +4305 cat b. With the home game not being preserved, this adjusts to -4868 cat a, +9538 cat b.

Ticket Prices (Adult/Senior, Student/Under 16)[3]

Cat A - £25, £18, £15; Cat B - £22, £15, £12.

It's impossible to know the distribution of gate sales among this category but if we are to assume equity among 3 groups (which I don't think is too far away), it comes out to around £20 for cat A games and £16 for cat B.

Using this thinking means that with equal home games, the bottom half of the table results in £97.4k loss from cat A games but is negated with a £68.9k gain in cat B games giving a net loss of £28.5k.

With an imbalance in the home games, there is a loss of £97.4k from cat A games and a gain of £152k with cat B games meaning an actual net gain of £54.6k.

Overall

Combining these gives:

7th - £134k worse off than 6th (£50k worse off with imbalance)

8th - £189k worse off than 6th (£105k worse off with imbalance)

References

[1] - Gate prices 2015/16 (2015) Available at: http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news/gate-prices-201516(Accessed: 18 April 2016).

[2] - Group, S. (2016) SPFL sides to share record £21m prize money payout in 2015/16 season. Available at: http://stv.tv/sport/football/1331865-spfl-sides-to-share-record-21m-prize-money-payout-in-201516-season/(Accessed: 18 April 2016).

[3] - HEIM (2015) Dundee FC - fixtures & results 2015/2016. Available at: http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/dundee-fc/2016/3/(Accessed: 18 April 2016).

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-boss-mixu-paatelainen-7623929#T9KT6F5hUQC32siC.97

Sorry for the record link - says here Mixup's tribunal date was the 13th - did it happen or has it been swept under the carpet?

Got delayed until April 21st I think. 

That was done in my head but a more scientific approach is laid out.

Final payouts[1]

6th - £1,318,750

7th - £1,213,250

8th - £1,160,500

So 7th is around £105k worse off than 6th and 8th is around £160k.

Attendances[2]

Dundee V Aberdeen - 6327

Dundee V Celtic - 9566

Dundee V St Johnstone(1)/St Johnstone(2)/Motherwell(1)/Motherwell(2)/Ross County(1)/Ross County(2) - (6176, 4876, 5162, 4960, 5128, 5095; AVG - 5233)

Dundee V Kilmarnock - 4970

Dundee V United - 11025

Dundee V Hamilton - 4568

Gate difference based on 3 home games being preserved: -4868 cat a, +4305 cat b. With the home game not being preserved, this adjusts to -4868 cat a, +9538 cat b.

Ticket Prices (Adult/Senior, Student/Under 16)[3]

Cat A - £25, £18, £15; Cat B - £22, £15, £12.

It's impossible to know the distribution of gate sales among this category but if we are to assume equity among 3 groups (which I don't think is too far away), it comes out to around £20 for cat A games and £16 for cat B.

Using this thinking means that with equal home games, the bottom half of the table results in £97.4k loss from cat A games but is negated with a £68.9k gain in cat B games giving a net loss of £28.5k.

With an imbalance in the home games, there is a loss of £97.4k from cat A games and a gain of £152k with cat B games meaning an actual net gain of £54.6k.

Overall

Combining these gives:

7th - £134k worse off than 6th (£50k worse off with imbalance)

8th - £189k worse off than 6th (£105k worse off with imbalance)

References

[1] - Gate prices 2015/16 (2015) Available at: http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news/gate-prices-201516(Accessed: 18 April 2016).

[2] - Group, S. (2016) SPFL sides to share record £21m prize money payout in 2015/16 season. Available at: http://stv.tv/sport/football/1331865-spfl-sides-to-share-record-21m-prize-money-payout-in-201516-season/(Accessed: 18 April 2016).

[3] - HEIM (2015) Dundee FC - fixtures & results 2015/2016. Available at: http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/dundee-fc/2016/3/(Accessed: 18 April 2016).

A+