All things Dundee FC

I'm not too concerned, got to remember we are used to having Hartley who got his business done WAY earlier than any other manager i've ever seen and McCann doesn't have the job full time.. for now.
My main worry is the Goalkeeper spot, who do we bring in to replace Bain if he gets sold?
- I'm not convinced Mitchell is going to be able to take over as No.1, he's looked shaky when he's played and he seems to get injured a lot given Ferrie or Gourlay have been on the bench a lot this season.
- Letheren will probably be available, and possibly desperate to come back, given he's just been relegated with York City to the National Leagues N/S, but - he's just been spent a season in the National League Premier and gotten relegated.
Outside of those two, what's out there options wise?
--------------
Defence needs a signing or two, cover for Cammy Kerr and/or Holt and a replacement for McPake if he's not coming back as a player.
Midfield needs two or three - a strong Holding Mid and WINGERS, please for the love of everything dark blue, wingers.
Attack is not bad and is probably our strongest area even now Haber just needs better service(he's actually enjoying his best goals to game ratio in a season with us), Loy will be coming back I imagine, El Bahk is still adapting to the higher level but it'll only be a matter of time before he starts scoring I think. Wighton is probably more AM now but his creativity is coming along. If we punt Loy i'd bring in another striker only then.
As for players to get rid of.
Nicky Low get him gone, he's crocked needs to just retire or take a leaf from Simon Ferry's book. I'd get rid of Williams and Yordi permanently if possible as well.
Doubts - Gomis, Hateley and Vincent all three have been so much better under McCann in his two games but if they have suitors I wouldn't say no to them leaving if we brought in replacements, at least those are my thoughts on them right now.
Ojamaa - wouldn't even bother trying to extend his loan, think he's had one good game since joining, send him back as soon as the season is over.

There's no way I'd be dumping Vincent.

Gomis and Gadz can both gtf in my book.

Kevin Gomis is a fucking unit and not many strikers will get the better of him physically. He's fast and is comfortable on the ball. If he could cut out his brain fart moments then he'd be an excellent centre half at this level.

He's also probably got a massive cock too.

Disagree, seen him bullied in pretty much every game I've seen him.

I don't doubt he has a massive cock though.

Gomis has been good in the last 2 games but I just can't bring myself to believe he will ever find the consistency.

I love Gadz but think the writing is on the wall for him. Wouldn't lose any sleep over Julen leaving either. Defence definitely needs a bit of work.

Gadz is rumoured to be one of our lowest earners and has been pretty dependable, would definitely keep but he seems out of favour and I imagine they'll release him.

Julen and Gomis will hopefully be released.

Gomis has been good in the last 2 games but I just can't bring myself to believe he will ever find the consistency.

I love Gadz but think the writing is on the wall for him. Wouldn't lose any sleep over Julen leaving either. Defence definitely needs a bit of work.

I agree with all this. Young Higgins could be part of the answer. Possibly keep 1 of the three you mentioned and find one decent CH who can actually play the game.

Although I've felt for a season and a half that Hartley had no clue about setting up a defence. Maybe that was a big part of the problem.

I agree with all this. Young Higgins could be part of the answer. Possibly keep 1 of the three you mentioned and find one decent CH who can actually play the game.

Although I've felt for a season and a half that Hartley had no clue about setting up a defence. Maybe that was a big part of the problem.

Higgins played in midfield when he came on at Motherwell, or did I dream that? He's very assured on the ball and one for the future I reckon.

Excuse me lads, but I'm not sure if we've got Higgins on loan from the east end of Glasgow, or is he a fully fledged Dark Blue?

We signed him permanently in January as far as I recall.

Fucking hell I completely forgot about Julen. Pretty sure he has a year left doesn't he?

Yep - definitely does.

My order of CH best to worst is:

O'Dea - Gadzhalov - Higgins - Julen - Gomis.

Gomis could stroll being our best centre half by a distance but he goes from being exceptional to struggling in the air against dwarves and trying his hardest to not care. For that reason, he'd be the first for the chop for me.

If - and it's a major if - McPake was the same defender he was, he'd either be just behind O'Dea or just ahead. Higgins has potential to be the best.

As it stands I'd happily move on Julen and Gomis. Reluctantly, I'd probably move on Gadz too although he's massively improved since he joined and it's a clear as day that he was an affection for the club whilst being paid a pittance. I'd keep him on, but that's why I'm not a football manager, ideally, emotions aside, only O'Dea and Higgins would be the Ch's signed up for next season.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yep - definitely does.

My order of CH best to worst is:

O'Dea - Gadzhalov - Higgins - Julen - Gomis.

Gomis could stroll being our best centre half by a distance but he goes from being exceptional to struggling in the air against dwarves and trying his hardest to not care. For that reason, he'd be the first for the chop for me.

If - and it's a major if - McPake was the same defender he was, he'd either be just behind O'Dea or just ahead. Higgins has potential to be the best.

As it stands I'd happily move on Julen and Gomis. Reluctantly, I'd probably move on Gadz too although he's massively improved since he joined and it's a clear as day that he was an affection for the club whilst being paid a pittance. I'd keep him on, but that's why I'm not a football manager, ideally, emotions aside, only O'Dea and Higgins would be the Ch's signed up for next season.

I feel like there's a bit of history being rewritten with McPake since he's been out for so long. Don't get me wrong, he is a reasonable centre half but so often gets caught out of position, the 5-2 up at Dingwall last boxing day, he was culpable for at least 3 of the goals. To say he'd be potentially ahead of O'Dea is bonkers imo.

8 minutes ago, Moo said:

The future is bright lads if we stay up.

One more win and we are all but mathematically safe from the playoff.

A win and a draw and we should be mathematically safe from the playoff.

Two more wins and we better our points total for the last season despite the shitemare we've had most of this season.

Three more wins would take us to 45 points and see us finish a decently comfortable 7 or 8th and equal our points total for the 2014-15 season.