Tax on 2 jobs

cracowjambo

Anyone work 2jobs?

Do you pay a higher rate of tax? I just got a new job but want to do 1 shift a week would I get raped on tax?

You only pay a higher rate of tax if you go into the next tax band, and then you only pay that higher rate on the excess.

Discriminatory, without doubt. Shambles yes to a degree.

Flat rate being the solution? No, just no.

To deny the uk tax system is a shambles, is unbelievable.

The flat rate is definitely the way forward. Not only is it fair on all, but it discourages the high earners, who pay the majority of tax, from taking their money elsewhere.

Anyone work 2jobs?

Do you pay a higher rate of tax? I just got a new job but want to do 1 shift a week would I get raped on tax?

You might get stung in the short term if you end up on the wrong tax code but you can claim it all back if you're overtaxed. You need to find out where your tax office is and then its best to get in touch with them directly. They have to give you it back if you're due it but its usually easier to work it back through your tax code. You might not get it back as soon as you want it but you will get it back if you chase it.

The flat rate is definitely the way forward. Not only is it fair on all, but it discourages the high earners, who pay the majority of tax, from taking their money elsewhere.

I didn't deny it, i agree with you, tho i highly suspect my reasoning is different to yours.

I'm not sure whats unfair about a scaled system. In theory everybody is taxed the same, those that take a higher % of national income, and have a higher % of disposable income are taxed more, whats unfair about that? As for the discouragement argument, first of all its not an option thats regularly is taken up and those that do are only discouraged by a race to the bottom, not a sensible policy at all.

When a flat rate of council tax was brought in it proved hugely unpopular (and extremely controversial) so would be a vote loser therefore incredibly unlikely to be brought in by any party.

I'm not sure whats unfair about a scaled system. In theory everybody is taxed the same, those that take a higher % of national income, and have a higher % of disposable income are taxed more, whats unfair about that?

Only under a flat rate is everyone taxed the same. Nothing theoretical about it, it's fact.

Was Lichtie23 involved? I hear he can do wonderful things.

Anyway, don't be overdoing it. What will you be up to?

I got a job working with autism Scotland and I work with a care agency just now. I'm used to overdoing it I do 60+ hours a week

Archived