Clyde v east stirling

If we put away one of the two sitters created in the first half we'd have been fine. We didn't, though, and the Shire grew in confidence after going in at 0-0 and in the end probably deserved their win. Another game in which we've had a good half and a bad half; McIlduff and Halkett in particular looked good and Gibson was fantastic for the first 45. Causes for concern, but there are 32 games and 96 points left to win. No need to panic.

Cheers for the feedback on game ????

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute rubbish today!

The team was almost unrecognizable from the eleven that featured last season or even against Queens Park this season.

I wasn't against releasing Sweeney and McColm if Barry was going to bring in better players instead we have 3 loan signings in the team who are only here till the end of December. Even if they turn out great they won't be here long.

The defence was a bombscare and Barclay had bail them out a few times after some shocking pass backs. The young left back from Celtic doesn't look anything better than what we could find in our own youth team. Durie was a passenger the whole game. Halket done ok and Frances was poor.

Smith didn't offer much in midfield while Ferguson is wasted playing out on the left. Only Gibson of the new signings looked promising. O'Donnell didn't play great either.

McManus wasted a couple of chances but him and Daly ok up front.

East Stirling were really poor and the fact they beat us tells you all you need to know. Was like watching 11 strangers today and I had to check on sky sports to confirm who was playing as I missed the time line ups. Far too much chopping and changing of the team from one week to the next.

Absolute rubbish today!

The team was almost unrecognizable from the eleven that featured last season or even against Queens Park this season.

I wasn't against releasing Sweeney and McColm if Barry was going to bring in better players instead we have 3 loan signings in the team who are only here till the end of December. Even if they turn out great they won't be here long.

The defence was a bombscare and Barclay had bail them out a few times after some shocking pass backs. The young left back from Celtic doesn't look anything better than what we could find in our own youth team. Durie was a passenger the whole game. Halket done ok and Frances was poor.

Smith didn't offer much in midfield while Ferguson is wasted playing out on the left. Only Gibson of the new signings looked promising. O'Donnell didn't play great either.

McManus wasted a couple of chances but him and Daly ok up front.

East Stirling were really poor and the fact they beat us tells you all you need to know. Was like watching 11 strangers today and I had to check on sky sports to confirm who was playing as I missed the time line ups. Far too much chopping and changing of the team from one week to the next.

Agree that there was too much changing at once in the team, will take time for them to gel.

Thought the new signings looked fairly decent, Halkett and the young boy at left back were fine. Smith had a few chances, first midfielder we've had for a while that's been willing to run past the strikers. Gibson doesn't have the legs to play out wide I reckon.

First half I thought we looked comfortable, shire had a few chances but nothing major. Second was disappointing. Scott fergusons form is more of a worry.

Mccolms away, get over it.

After a strong season last year the team needed a few fresh faces to challenge again this time.

Instead we have brought in a new system, got rid of a few stalwarts of last years progress, seemingly destroyed the confidence of the best centre back pairing in the league and signed a bunch of youngsters on loan or journeymen no better than what we had.

I think its fair to say the barry revolution has been pretty underwhelming so far.

Think he needs to get playing to try and counteract to some extent his thus far poor management abilities.

Fantastic result. Both teams had plenty of chances, but thankfully it was us who came out on top. Good to see the younger lads Greene, Doyle and and Shields putting in great performances after being slated by most shire fans (including me) after the first few games. Tapping fantastic as per usual.

Think confused sums it up best for me. 1st half we dominated, without looking particularly dangerous, although Smith & Mcmanus passed up good chances.

Defence and goalie were untested for most of the game by Shire, although Barclay had to look lively on two occasions due to poor pass backs from Durie and the otherwise excellent Hallkett..

O'Donnell wasn't as involved as he was against Berwick, but did everything that was asked of him fine.

Goal was another mistake from Barclay, Don't agree with him being Captain either.

Whats confusing for me, is that Apart from Durie & Fergie the rest were at least ok.

Barclay did well at times and I'm not sure why Ferguson is blaming him for the goal when it was Halkett who was caught out badly.

Back four was decent enough but Halkett got caught under a cross field pass about 4 times (one resulted in a great chance, the other in the goal). He won plenty but that'll be something that other teams pick up on. McIlduff looked like a 17 year old and was really hesitant at times going forward but I think he'll be a good addition once he settles down. Unfortunately unless our full-backs bomb forward we don't use a lot of the space on the pitch.

I don't like us playing such a tight midfield as it takes a huge amount out of Ferguson's game. Gibson is a tricky player but was far too deep at times and he always took an extra touch before crossing, which ruined Daly's momentum in particular. Smith started well but he should've been substituted well before he was.

McManus and Daly did okay together but only in the width of the penalty box.

Biggest problem for me was that Smith had faded out of the game and that Ferguson was having probably his worst game for Clyde, yet we made no changes. The goal was coming for East Stirlingshire and we did nothing to stop it. Really frustrating. Three home games in a week now and 7 points must be a minimum target.

It seems common sense that if you have a squad of players that were there abouts for promotion then keep them together as they now know what it takes to get that close . Add one or two useful additions and continue the good work of previous incumbent with slowly blooding one or two of our own youth and not other teams.

Build on what we have been doing don't rip up and start a fresh!???

No excuses. Pathetic. The boy Tapping appears over the worst of his trauma and apparently borrowed Thiago Silva's boots for the day as thats exactly how we made him look. There's absolutely zero point in shouting and bawling and getting upset when it's clear no-one else is, which is a huge worry if the players think they did a good job today. I've had enough of excuses, players looking at the ground for answers and false prophets. Very soon we'll be anotber waste of time snd resources i referred to in the other thread. Just please for fucks sake make it quick.

The teams not shite, in fact it's probably very close to clicking very well. The changes implemented were always necessary, and of course a new manager will try to make a team his own. We've had 4 league games FFS, and 3 cup games, 2 of which Clyde fans were going OTT about how good we were - even though it demonstrates that perhaps the style of football is actually better suited against higher league opposition.

As it's still early days the manager needs to find out certain things.

1. Barclay needs proper competitions .

2. Up front there needs to be proper competition, watt is at best an impact sub.

3. He needs to play.

4. Fergie is not exempt from being dropped - he's good enough to adapt to formations, but building the team around him, and telling him he's our best player, may be too much pressure too soon.

Some of the comments on here are ridiculous, loan signings judged on 90 minutes, 45 of which were fine. If we had been 2 up at half time, it would have been deserved, and we would all have been delighted. Not scoring 1st seems a real issue for us, but even at that, the goals we are shipping are so self inflicted.

But seen as we are being Monday-morning quarterbacks, I think we should:-

Bring McGhee in for Durie

Replace Frances with Marsh or McQueen.

Get another gk & striker in

Manager needs to play, and push Odd further forward.

Archived