18th September - Your plans?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might vote before I go to work or just after work, depends.

In the evening I'll be getting drunk and watching Dragonforce at the Lemon Tree.

I have Friday off work. The main reason was to recover from Dragonforce but I'm hoping it is more to help me cope with the fact I finally live in an independent country I have wanted since I was a child.

I'm still setting myself up for disappointment, but I suppose I'd enjoy the day more if I let myself be more optimistic.

Up first thing to vote, then a rather picturesque walk from the polling station to Bella Park then Asda, and treat the night like a standard Hogmanay and get in pizza, vodka, sausage rolls, doritos, etc. Only instead of bringing in the bells, hopefully I'd be watching the joyous unfolding of the political deaths of Johann Lamont and similar Westminster line managers (besides the actual joy of us becoming independent of course).

I don't intend to gloat if it were a Yes, but if it was then the first thing I'd love to do is laugh in Ian Davidson's fat fucking face.

I've thought about this a lot recently. Was trying to decide whether it's worth having a party overnight on the 18th/19th or wait til the Friday and do something then. Feel like I should get some sleep if I'm going to up and about all day Friday as well.

In the event of a yes vote I'll probably head into Dundee city centre with a crate, would love to think everyone will congregate outside the Caird Hall. If not I can see myself jumping on the next train to Edinburgh and seeing where the night takes us, the thought of the celebrations gives me chills.

In the event of a no vote I'll probably just sit around the flat. I actually have trouble considering the outcome of a no vote, I'd feel pretty gutted having spent 2 years thinking about this and the anticipation of it for it to go down like a lead balloon.

It makes it all the harder to understand how people can vote no, the incredible celebrations that would undoubtedly follow a Yes vote with the air of excitement and hope as opposed to everyone getting along with their lives in the status quo following a no vote.

Please. Please let this happen.

You're not allowed to campaign outside polling stations like that.

Restrictions apply only inside polling stations. Outside is just another public place.

Inside, the same restrictions will apply as do so for general elections and such like - which means no stickers, etc...and anyone turning up in (e.g.) a t-shirt depicting either option could be refused entry.

Wiil vote some point on the day and stay up watching TV etc.

The celebrations in Edinburgh if it's a yes vote will be memorable.

I rarely drink but i will celebrate if it's a yes vote.

Plus we're away to Queen of the South on Saturday. Day out drinking it will be if it's a yes vote too.

Restrictions apply only inside polling stations. Outside is just another public place.

Inside, the same restrictions will apply as do so for general elections and such like - which means no stickers, etc...and anyone turning up in (e.g.) a t-shirt depicting either option could be refused entry.

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/102839/fact-tellers-guidance-rc-ca.pdf

Although it is guidance it is pretty clear on what is and is not acceptable behaviour.

On possibly the worst shift I could be on that week - 11am-8pm.

Just need to ensure I'm up early enough to vote Yes before I need to leave for work + not be rushing back after work to vote before 10pm - live across the road from my polling station so shouldn't be a problem.

Holiday pending for 19th off + off the weekend so if get 19th off fully intend to stay up for the result.

Huge party if it's a Yes.

Six hours ahead of you, so will probably give everyone a phone make sure they voted. Go to bed, get up about 6am and watch the TV(live stream) around about 10am I'll open my first bottle of beer, we should know the outcome by then (4am Scottish Standard Time) hopefully it's a yes, then I'll party all day & night. If it's a no, I'll go fishing for the day, nobody near me for at least 6hrs & 10 miles.

In a quandary. I was going to book a flight home on polling day as I want to be there if history is made. I feel if I do that it might put a hex on the outcome. So might stay put and party if independence is won or conversely sit scowling in the corner of the bar feverishly filling out my form to become an Irish citizen.

Hoping to get the Friday off work to take in the results. In terms of intimidation at the polling stations, going by the demographic predictions, I'm a little concerned that I will be voting yes in my local old folks home. I will be looking out for stray flying zimmers on my way out.

Vote ,work ,nervously watch results, my daughter asked me yesterday how I am going to vote,told her I am voting yes for a better future for her and her sister and if it's a no vote I'm going to work like **** to get my girls a good education and get the hell away from the UK,

I really fear for Scotland if its a no vote

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/102839/fact-tellers-guidance-rc-ca.pdf

Although it is guidance it is pretty clear on what is and is not acceptable behaviour.

Is it ok to club no-voters to death as they're wheeled in in their bath chairs? After the Murphy egg thing, I'm dying to get my hands on some naysayers. Even my auld dear won't escape my wrath.

Oh, dear Better Together... i'm joking.

Up at 5am for work and hope to finish in time before polls close (i'm not joking). I will have to watch the results as I won't be able to sleep anyway. On the 19th I will be back at work and strangely my working day will be affected whether it is a YES or NO vote. If it is NO I shall be alot busier.

Up at 5am for work and hope to finish in time before polls close (i'm not joking). I will have to watch the results as I won't be able to sleep anyway. On the 19th I will be back at work and strangely my working day will be affected whether it is a YES or NO vote. If it is NO I shall be alot busier.

Policeman?

Emergency services?

Journalist?

Archived