18th September - Your plans?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be teaching during the day and then voting straight after work. I will be glued to my TV all night and there is no way I will be sleeping so I will try to plan how I can stay up all night and then teach all day on the Friday. If it is a NO vote I will be fucking raging at work the next day, it will be a weird day regardless of the result though, a pretty surreal experience I would imagine (lack of sleep + vote on our future = complete loss of reality)

My 21st is on the 17th.

Referendum on the 18th.

20th will be spent recovering and hopefully reading some online unionist seethe. Dundee Derby on the 21st.

League Cup derby on the 24th.

Also working at Gleneagles for the Ryder Cup 24th-28th.

My week is better than yours.

Vote ,work ,nervously watch results, my daughter asked me yesterday how I am going to vote,told her I am voting yes for a better future for her and her sister and if it's a no vote I'm going to work like **** to get my girls a good education and get the hell away from the UK,

I really fear for Scotland if its a no vote

What do you think will happen if it is a No vote?

We will see greater disparity between the haves and the have nots. This doesn't just impact on the have nots because social inequality leads to more crime and greater social costs in dealing with it. Look to the US for an extreme example or, closer to home, look at the increase in gun crime in London.

We will see more money spent on a redundant nuclear weapons system that only really benefits the big businesses who make and maintain the system. Many of these businesses, and the people behind them, are contributors to the political parties that advocate spending on these systems.

We will see the effective dismantling of the NHS, because when health care is about making money rather than treating, or better still preventing, health issues then it is no longer an NHS but rather a way of taking the public's money and funnelling it to private profit.

For me the worst thing we will see is at some point a Tory government that has no mandate in Scotland once again imposing it's laws on us.

Wake up, scratch ma baws and lie at the pool all day, drinking heavy and smoke tabs, no giving a flying f**k who wins. No difference from Westminster fucking me to Hollyrood fucking me. Same cock, just different bawsacks

Increased inequality. The rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer.

The NHS will be systematically dismantled down south and we will be forced to follow suit due to a ever lessening cash pot for Westminster.

Westminster will know that we want to be subjugated so will do whatever they want with us, without any fear of a backlash.

Politics will shift ever farther to the right, foodbank usage will increase, the poor will become even more marginalised and victimised.

In short, we will live in a bleak, right wing country where the gains of the few are valued more than the needs of the many.

And I am in no way exaggerating.

Depressing stuff.

Increased inequality. The rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer.

The NHS will be systematically dismantled down south and we will be forced to follow suit due to a ever lessening cash pot for Westminster.

Westminster will know that we want to be subjugated so will do whatever they want with us, without any fear of a backlash.

Politics will shift ever farther to the right, foodbank usage will increase, the poor will become even more marginalised and victimised.

In short, we will live in a bleak, right wing country where the gains of the few are valued more than the needs of the many.

And I am in no way exaggerating.

Depressing stuff.

Strip away the rhetoric and you would struggle to put a fag paper between the major political parties on a whole range of policies. The centre of the political spectrum (not just in Scotland and the UK) is crowded out with politicians chasing those middle voters. It's no coincidence then that parties of the far right and far left have done surprisingly well in recent elections - almost as a protest against the political and economic orthodoxy of the mainstream parties. The question is - would there be a different approach in iScotland? I have serious doubts.

The question is - would there be a different approach in iScotland? I have serious doubts.

Yes.

A question YOU specifically need to start asking is - Will we be any worse?

That, at a fundamental level is why your spoilt ballot is a waste of a ballot.

We are voting on who should govern Scotland. Westminster or Holyrood.

I truly believe independence WILL be better than the current set up. And markedly so.

Strip away the rhetoric and you would struggle to put a fag paper between the major political parties on a whole range of policies. The centre of the political spectrum (not just in Scotland and the UK) is crowded out with politicians chasing those middle voters. It's no coincidence then that parties of the far right and far left have done surprisingly well in recent elections - almost as a protest against the political and economic orthodoxy of the mainstream parties. The question is - would there be a different approach in iScotland? I have serious doubts.

The very FACT that Westminster has only just woke up to the reality that Scotland is about to leave the union says it all.

Archived