Is Rangers in the Championship every likely to be Rangers in the Premi

Assuming they don't go tits up prior to the end of the season and win promotion (which in itself, would be a massive achievement given the reckless finances), I'd imagine they'll get players in over the course of two or three seasons. In the top league, their fans will compare themselves to Celtic and moan about how they should be a bigger team. They'll need to get shot of Ally first, while replacing some of the carthorses who've lined their pockets for the last few years.

Players like Ian Black weren't anything special before, I certainly don't think that they'll be welcome for much longer at Ibrox when promoted.

I assumed he was talking about our squad being the same in a years time.

My best guess is that he was saying. "Is Rangers in the Championship (the name of this section of the board), ever likely to become Rangers in the Premiership?" ie will Rangers ever make it to the top flight?

I'm not sure though and I had to stare at it a while to even come up with a guess.

Everyone can make the odd typo, but to start a thread and provide a title that makes no sense is ridiculous.

What are we - animals?

If they get a gazillion pounds ! NO, if they get fucked over by a proper admin !, NO, if they get the finances to carry on as is !, NO. As stated by Tedi this squad ain't good enough for what the Rangers support would deem as capable enough to achieve the fans ambitions for their club.

Somehow or for some reason or another Rangers will be expected to assemble a squad capable of pushing Celtic or it's "fcuk this am no watching this pish".

So it's a no all round in every scenario from me.

My best guess is that he was saying. "Is Rangers in the Championship (the name of this section of the board), ever likely to become Rangers in the Premiership?" ie will Rangers ever make it to the top flight? I'm not sure though and I had to stare at it a while to even come up with a guess. Everyone can make the odd typo, but to start a thread and provide a title that makes no sense is ridiculous. What are we - animals?

Basically will they survive to be promoted as the it has been changed each season they were promoted. I did not realise there was a limit to a header for a post. I think next season it will be Rangers in the Championship rather that the Premiership

Either he doesn't want Rangers threads in the 'premiership forum' or he's asking if Rangers will be promoted.

Maybe we will be promoted if we avoid any admin procedures and Ally plays his best teams.

Early doors bu it's looking Hearts will be our main rivals for the title and while they've had some good results, i can't help but think that their squad is a bit thin if they hit injuries and suspensions.

My best guess is that he was saying. "Is Rangers in the Championship (the name of this section of the board), ever likely to become Rangers in the Premiership?" ie will Rangers ever make it to the top flight?

I'm not sure though and I had to stare at it a while to even come up with a guess. Everyone can make the odd typo, but to start a thread and provide a title that makes no sense is ridiculous. What are we - animals?

Give him a break, MT - he's just about to lose a Daughter/gain a Son and he's doubtlessly thinking about events elsewhere.

So unlike you to judge someone so harshly - f**k, you even give Bennett a better press than you're giving Curler here, and he dribbles drivel nearly every post.

Ever considered he might be on an Iphone or something?

And why do you ask "what are we - animals?" That makes no sense to me!

Give him a break, MT - he's just about to lose a Daughter/gain a Son and he's doubtlessly thinking about events elsewhere.So unlike you to judge someone so harshly - f**k, you even give Bennett a better press than you're giving Curler here, and he dribbles drivel nearly every post.Ever considered he might be on an Iphone or something?And why do you ask "what are we - animals?" That makes no sense to me!

People should check what they've written, before putting it out there.

As I said, the odd mistake can easily slip through the net, but a big title in bold type, shouldn't leave us guessing about its meaning before we answer.

Still, I hope the family event goes well for him.

I assumed he meant would the "Rangers in the Championship" forum continue if they get promoted, and we'd have a "Rangers in the Premiership" forum.

Early doors bu it's looking Hearts will be our main rivals for the title and while they've had some good results, i can't help but think that their squad is a bit thin if they hit injuries and suspensions.

And there in lies the Rangers problem. Plenty of players,most mediocre over paid for the league along with manager, so spreading the cash reserves beyond the thinness of credibility, or even a credit line.

If they don't go up these season what outcomes. Kings cash fire sale or worse?

There is no way this side could challenge Celtic, especially with Ally in charge and realistically I do not see Rangers being to significantly spend any more money than they are now, so a dog fight with the likes of Utd, Aberdeen and Motherwell for 2nd place. If the gap does narrow then it will be because of celtic regressing, which by the looks of things is already happening.

Squad wise, guys like Wallace, Macloed, Bell, Law, Templeton and Boyd will form the backbone of the team with Aird and Clark possibly making it, the rest are simply not good enough to compete with the other premier teams.

Diddiness has arrived. Have you no ambition man? Settling for second place? Force your club to spend, spend, spend.

I think this forum is far too critical of people who raise an interesting point with making that point particularly well, this is one of those situations.

Well said, Tedi. I know Curler. He's a sound guy. Just appears to have tried to make a long subject header is all.

I assumed he meant would the "Rangers in the Championship" forum continue if they get promoted, and we'd have a "Rangers in the Premiership" forum.

My interpretation was its a play on words and nothing to do with Pie and Bovril. For example 'would it be the same Rangers?' or 'would Rangers still have the same players or will they have to replace most of the team?'.... Not sure. :)

But you may be correct and he may indeed have meant will Rangers have their own section on the forum when they get to the Premiership. My guess would be no. There wouldn't be much point. There probably isn't even any point of it in the Championship section either. I can get why it was added to the League One and 3rd Division section but it's not necessary now.

But you were highly critical of Curler. It wasn't just a typo you highlighted.

What was that expression -what are we-animals?

Indeed.

Curler's was more than a typo, which is why I was critical of it. We shouldn't need to guess what the title of a post means, especially when it gets followed up by "As it says in the title".

The post of Tedi's which I replied to however, did feature a typo as he said 'with', when he meant 'without'. It's an altogether different order of mistake and not one which conveys a lack of consideration for the dear reader.

That's what I thought, too. The old Rangers didn't have a separate forum. If a new one gets to the Premiership* it would probably mean that all the side-shows had died down and it would mainly be about football gain. So, no.

*Extremely unlikely in the forseeable future. :)

Archived