Scottish footballers support for a No vote.

Bill.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooft, talk about backfiring. The Bitters try to use football, only to find out that FIFA will be pushing for a combined UK team. If there is one thing that will push the vote in Yes' favour, then it's that.

Load of shite in all honesty. There is no threat to the home nations. Doesn't even come into this debate.

That's funny, I'm sure McCoist said the following a while back:

"I wouldn't say I support the SNP on many of their policies. But I do support the idea that Scotland should be ruled by the people of Scotland maintaining a monarchy like Canada".

How many of these Scottish footballers have spent most of their careers giving it big licks about the English Premiership whilst making most of their earnings south of the border? Is it any surprise they are encouraging people to vote No? With the added bonus of having a small band of Rangers diehards in the mix it is a veritable rogues gallery of fucking morons and out of touch space cadets.

I'm a Yes voter so I am biased but I continually have to laugh at the embarrassingly awful material and PR the Better Together campaign produce to try and entice more No voters, it really is awful stuff.

Alan Brazil is another one iv heard slagging the yes vote. All these folks seem to play on the fact they played for Scotland but in reality the future of the national team is at risk.

Alan Brazil is one of the single biggest fucknuggets in Christendom. To me, he's the epitome of a No voter.

If everyone else is allowed to hang there colours to the mast. Then I am a resounding YES for independence and a better future.

— Neil Simpson (@NeilSimmy8) https://twitter.com/NeilSimmy8/status/508262888793190400

I don't know if there will some kind of honour system in an independent Scotland. But Simpson should be first on the list for his services to trolling Rangers/Sevco fans.

Alan Brazil is another one iv heard slagging the yes vote. All these folks seem to play on the fact they played for Scotland but in reality the future of the national team is at risk.

Brazil is a fat, ignorant drunk. He fits all the sterotypes that some English have of the Scotch.

"Sixteen of Scotland's greatest players from all eras of the game have signed up to a joint statement calling on "every patriotic Scot to help maintain Scotland's place in the United Kingdom which has served Scotland so well".

Our English controllers have dumped nuclear weapons 20 miles from Scotland's biggest city, tried out the Poll Tax here first in 1990, have shut down the RAF here (almost), shut down Clyde Coastguard.

ETA: Could you imagine the seethe if Scotland voted no and then FIFA took Scotland's rights to a football team away? The seethe from some on the no side would make a no vote almost worth it.

You seem to be under the impression that there are No voters who follow the Scottish national team. Those who even watch football are universally tartan cringers who hate having been born here in the first place, and would correct you in the pub if you called Andy Murray Scottish. They'll be first in line for their Team GB shirts.

I do like that they implied this was a broad support across football. The only two non-OF players on the entire list are BBC employees.

All this honking 'patriotism' drivel. As soon as I hear that "I'm as patriotic as the next Scot, but..." patter, my instant response is to think, "Well done, you're expecting a clap on the back for being born somewhere, and then my vote for telling me why it'll never amount to anything." If you need to bring patriotism into your argument as some sort of caveat, you can be pretty sure your argument is shite.

Scotland's only as good as its people - vote Yes to make the pish ones ones like John Brown sad.

What a brilliant photo of Archie McPherson and Arthur Montford

o-ARCHIE-MACPHERSON-570.jpg

Is Montford wearing two different shoes?

Oh, and it's a telling picture considering McPhersons nonsensical pro-union rant in Dundee that he's always had trouble keeping his eye on the ball.

btw, where is "Bill" in this thread. I asked him a question, yet despite posting elsewhere he has pointed refused to answer in here, in a thread he started. Funny that.

All this honking 'patriotism' drivel. As soon as I hear that "I'm as patriotic as the next Scot, but..." patter, my instant response is to think, "Well done, you're expecting a clap on the back for being born somewhere, and then my vote for telling me why it'll never amount to anything." If you need to bring patriotism into your argument as some sort of caveat, you can be pretty sure your argument is shite.

Scotland's only as good as its people - vote Yes to make the pish ones ones like John Brown sad.

This has to be my favourite post, well done. Anything I can do to make pish people sad is a bonus :D

Archived