Annan sign Stuart McColm

No wonder when folk are claiming he's one of the better ones. I've said before, he was able to run at people and put in a decent ball from time to time but didn't do it often enough. Not putting himself in enough was my main gripe with him.

I'm not expecting quality players at this level, all I like to see is people giving 100%, which he certainly didn't.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fans either rate a player or they dont I think mcolm is made out to be a far better player than he is but that only my opinion . I will be very surpised if he comes back to haunt us if I wrong fair enough I am quite happy to come on here and admit it . We have some new players coming in and fergusson has to bwe given time to mould the team

What is so bad about showing our appreciation to a player who made over 100 appearances for the club and gave 100% every time? You say it is disrespectful to the players on the pitch, I disagree they should see that and realise that if you put the effort in the fans appreciate it. You are as bad as the anti McColm crew when it comes to Sweeney.

Halliwell etc were in the past you need to realise we are where we are and that's it!

Gave 100% every time. That's quite likely to be the daftest thing I have ever read on here that wasn't a wind up. Opinions eh! Canna beat them.

If we're shite why do you 'support' us.

Use of the word support loosely in your case.

If players have a bad day they should be given encouragement and not be slagged by your type.

I AM A CLYDE SUPPORTER THROUGH AND THROUGH.

I will carry on being one even if I have to sit beside people like you who spoil the game for genuine supporters.

Now piss off and watch some world beating team like Sevco.

If players have a bad day they should be given encouragement and not be slagged by your type.

I will carry on being one even if I have to sit beside people like you who spoil the game for genuine supporters.

Oh the I am a better fan than you argument!

Excellent! We are in good hands.

Why do I support clyde? Because you don't change teams. Doesn't mean you have to meekly accept any old pish.

Too many articles to quote, but am i to guess the saturation of 'gives 100%' blether doesnt apply to any players we had in the (fairly recent past, ie some still playing) just because the ones we have dont play for much??? The players i mentiined, were on compartive peanuts also compared to their contemporaries elsewhere. No one has ever made a mint at Clyde, and incidentally, both the ones i said gave as much and more than anyone of late did. And others. But i wouldnt prostrate myself at their return to Broadwood the way this appears to be going unless its in a Clyde strip. Applause is one thing but shouting for jndividuals who arent even there??? Its whats on the park is all that should matter.

Too many articles to quote, but am i to guess the saturation of 'gives 100%' blether doesnt apply to any players we had in the (fairly recent past, ie some still playing) just because the ones we have dont play for much??? The players i mentiined, were on compartive peanuts also compared to their contemporaries elsewhere. No one has ever made a mint at Clyde, and incidentally, both the ones i said gave as much and more than anyone of late did. And others. But i wouldnt prostrate myself at their return to Broadwood the way this appears to be going unless its in a Clyde strip. Applause is one thing but shouting for jndividuals who arent even there??? Its whats on the park is all that should matter.

Excellent post????

Compelling argument there. I forgot genuine supporters don't have a bad word to say about the team.

So we'll trot off to ibrokes and change teams because we disagree with you on one player.

Gave 100% every time. That's quite likely to be the daftest thing I have ever read on here that wasn't a wind up

Strange Comeback

Ive grown up watchn some shite clyde teams (Mainly Smith Era) with the better squads coming from the Keogh days and including Sweeney who werent braced with the greatest talent but provided 1000% effort every game and that aint a wind up

STOFO

Strange Comeback

Ive grown up watchn some shite clyde teams (Mainly Smith Era) with the better squads coming from the Keogh days and including Sweeney who werent braced with the greatest talent but provided 1000% effort every game and that aint a wind up

STOFO

Well let me help you then. There are players who give 100% every game. They may not be the best, but the give all they have. Sweeney is an example. The juniors 10 years ago another example. You cannot in your wildest dreams say that McColm gave 100% in every game. If people think that then I am happy to be different.

AMOOFO

Well let me help you then. There are players who give 100% every game. They may not be the best, but the give all they have. Sweeney is an example. The juniors 10 years ago another example. You cannot in your wildest dreams say that McColm gave 100% in every game. If people think that then I am happy to be different.

AMOOFO

The poster you originally quoted was referring to Sweeney, not McColm.

AMOOFO

You have completely contradicted yourself from an earlier post here! I said Sweeney gave 100% every game and that's why was appreciated by large section of the crown and now you are relating it back to McColm.

The whole point I made earlier was that when someone plays for the jersey it should be noticed as at this level that is really all we can ask for. McColm gone, so lets all get over it. He did go missing in some games however!

STOFO

You have completely contradicted yourself from an earlier post here! I said Sweeney gave 100% every game and that's why was appreciated by large section of the crown and now you are relating it back to McColm.

The whole point I made earlier was that when someone plays for the jersey it should be noticed as at this level that is really all we can ask for. McColm gone, so lets all get over it. He did go missing in some games however!

STOFO

In which case I apologise and withdraw my earlier comments as I clearly did not readyour post properly. AMOOFO

Archived