Night of Champions

Adrian Madaschi

Mark Connolly, on 22 Sept 2014 - 07:46, said:Mark Connolly, on 22 Sept 2014 - 07:46, said:

So has Rollins officially lost his briefcase then?

Nope. Bell didn't ring. He's got the case.

Not a bad show. Nothing spectacular as far as the whole show goes, even if it had one match on a hell of a level. Orton/Jericho was miles better than I thought it would be. JBL compared Orton to Windham and while he's nowhere near as good as that, he does have that slick execution going for him. The opening tag match was spectacular, but what would you expect from two of the best tag teams on the planet? Cesaro and Sheamus could have been SOOOOO much better if they just didn't f**k up the opening minutes. Lesnar/Cena was fine for what it was, as was Miz/Ziggler. The Ambrose return was hot as hell. Three way was inoffensive crap, and the Rusev/Henry was the one real shitfest of the night.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. Bell didn't ring. He's got the case.

Not a bad show. Nothing spectacular as far as the whole show goes, even if it had one match on a hell of a level. Orton/Jericho was miles better than I thought it would be. JBL compared Orton to Windham and while he's nowhere near as good as that, he does have that slick execution going for him. The opening tag match was spectacular, but what would you expect from two of the best tag teams on the planet? Cesaro and Sheamus could have been SOOOOO much better if they just didn't f**k up the opening minutes. Lesnar/Cena was fine for what it was, as was Miz/Ziggler. The Ambrose return was hot as hell. Three way was inoffensive crap, and the Rusev/Henry was the one real shitfest of the night.

I thought that, but wanted to be sure. Roberts definitely announced it, but I'm guessing the bell was never rung because he didn't enter the ring - Cena caught him on the apron.

Was it just me or were there a lot of roll-up wins in that show? Thinking back, it seems only Stardust and Miz, but it felt like more.

Cesaro/Sheamus finish annoyed me - ref pulling a guy out into a brogue kick? Jericho-Orton finish too, but only because it took so f*cking long. Jericho was up there for ages with Orton fannying about in the ring, then Cole tried to sell the RKO as a surprise. :rolleyes:

Alright show. Tag team and US title matches were very good.

The IC match probably would've been good if not for that fucking god awful commentary during it, enough of the fucking shilling of shit during matches (did you know that Mountain Dew sponsored the show?). The one guy didn't even know the name of Tribute to the Troops. Their involvement in the match was as bad as their "commentary". Save that shit for Raw, not actual title matches.

The main event was alright, ending is a bit of a clusterfuck. It didn't really help anyone, tbh, except maybe Cena. Lesnar was gonna tap and Rollins looks kinda foolish for trying to cash in when Cena wasn't properly dealt with.

Mark Henry though. :lol: Also America in general. :lol: How many times are they gonna job out America, they should stop trying to do Russia vs America.

One of the ladies (I think Paige) was calling everything throughout the match. Could hear her counting "3, 2, 1...go" and "are you ready" and "throw me" etc - assuming it was Paige then she needs to cut that sh*t out.

I was hearing every call from Paige. Nothing subtle about it. I don't know what that was all about, pretty sure I've never heard her do that before. I think that ruined it for me.

I was hearing every call from Paige. Nothing subtle about it. I don't know what that was all about, pretty sure I've never heard her do that before. I think that ruined it for me.

What did she call for the finish?

I'm assuming "Stick your fanny in my face and i'll spank you" wasn't it, even though it is perfectly accurate.

Mark Henry though. :lol: Also America in general. :lol: How many times are they gonna job out America, they should stop trying to do Russia vs America.

I have a horrible feeling it will end with Hogan somehow overcoming him. Most likely by helping someone else, but it's still there. I'd prefer the return of my Olympic hero though.

I have a horrible feeling it will end with Hogan somehow overcoming him. Most likely by helping someone else, but it's still there. I'd prefer the return of my Olympic hero though.

Yeah, I think they're biding their time for Angle to return. But him coming back to beat Rusev would be kinda silly, would probably take the sting out of Rusev's winning streak.

Yeah, I think they're biding their time for Angle to return. But him coming back to beat Rusev would be kinda silly, would probably take the sting out of Rusev's winning streak.

I have no idea what angles condition is like these days (I'm assuming hes fucked tbh) but if they were wanting to have him back in the main event picture straight away they could make a big deal about how Lesnar is the only guy in WWE who's won things outside of WWE (UFC, NCAA etc) and that no-one can match his achievements. Cue Angles music and his insistance that as an Olympic gold medalist he can beat Lesnar (and has in the past). Id be well up for that actually, regardless of how well Kurt can go now.

Randy Orton seems to move between entertaining and chronically boring. He's been the latter recently, but the match last night showed what he can do.

He's totally won me over in the last couple of years. I his character is overlooked as 'boring' too often. I totally buy into it and he's one of the best performers on the roster. Hardly seen anything less than stellar work from him in the last 18 months. He controls a crowd so well as a heel too. One finger to his ear and he draws almost Vicky Guererro heat.

Guy's quality.

Archived