Partick Thistle vs St Mirren - 19/09/14

RawB93, on 20 Sept 2014 - 19:53, said:

Why do you have a Dundee badge as your avatar?

Anyway, St.Mirren must be delighted getting off the mark! First goal was well nice.

Because the Independent Republic of Dundee voted Yes, and Dundee FC are a part of that I suspect.

As for St Mirren, if you manage to scrape by in 11th place this season, I firmly expect you to hammer Rangers in the play-offs. That is your moral obligation. Don't f**k it up.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the first half we were an absolute shambles and were lucky to go in only one down. Team had no shape and the players seemed all over the place. I've no idea what position McLean was meant to be playing. I don't think he did either, but humping long balls for him to try and flick on the the ineffective Marwood was a bizarre tactic.

The substitutes then changed the game as it gave us a more familiar shape, got our players into their best positions, and gave us someone who can hold the ball up. It also gave us a chance to get our fullbacks into the game in an attacking sense, which of course led to the equaliser after a great cross from Tess. Also, I know its not a popular opinion, but I like McGinn on the left. He's deceptively quick and it gives him a bit more space and time on the ball, and he's got a decent cross.

Anyway, great result in front of a fairly small but rowdy support for both teams. Think a lot of people were just glad to have something to distract them from the previous 24 hours!

Also, I know its not a popular opinion, but I like McGinn on the left. He's deceptively quick and it gives him a bit more space and time on the ball, and he's got a decent cross.

!

Agree with that, some of his best games for us have came when he's played on the left. His low centre of gravity makes him it really hard to get the ball off him and he does offer a goal and assist threat when he plays there too.

His versatility is one of his main strengths though, he's pretty accomplished in two positions.

Just watched the highlights. We really are far too over-reliant on Seabourne and the guy has only played 4 games. For a management team which consists of two of the best centre-halves I've ever seen at the club, it baffles me how they can't seem to teach our current occupants in their position (Balatoni and Muirhead) the basics of defending. Last season was supposed to be a learning curve for them but they have not progressed at all. When Higgy has an off-day we appear to just have nothing going forward.

Positives are that Lawless' cross for Doolan's goal was superb, and that the game is now over. Expect a far better performance against Killie next week.

Just as well WAT appears to be down tonight. Muirhead and Balatoni just won't do. A great pairing in the championship, but way out their depth at this

level. Bombscare city with the both of them. Archie either gets Richards Everton back or he will need to get an out of contract body in because if Danny is out we are gonna suffer big time at the back. Definite penalty and St Mirren deserved it on their 2nd half display where we played like the whole team had a virus. No energy, no bite, no nothing. Totally bizarre after dominating the first half and a massive opportunity lost to open up a huge gap at the bottom. And just to calm things down for a few Midden trolls on here tonight, just to remind you we are 4 POINTS clear of you despite tonight's defeat and your next two league games are Celtic and Aberdeen.

And our next three games are Killie,Motherwell and Dundee United??? Do well to take 1 out of 9.

Archived