Celtic vs Motherwell - 21/09/14

Ref obviously got a few backhanders in the chapel this morning.

Where are the tears and snotters?

The referee of Roman Catholic persuasion gave sellick a dodgy pen.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Oooft, thought I stumbled on to Rangers Media there, hope it didnt keep you up all night my pesky little bigot.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

He kind of has a point to be honest, firstly I'll concede it wasnt a penalty, I was directly behind the angle Brown was running at and as soon as the referee pointed to the spot me and my mate looked at each other and shook our heads, having seen it since on TV I still think it was at best soft, probably still not a PK.

However the 'catholic ref' & 'chapel backhander' type comments, even if you are trying to be ironic in some way are rather daft to say the least, were I to make a 'proddy ref' type barb I would immediately be rounded on as a bigot. The referee probably got it wrong, the jibes about his possible religion are rather crass and you really dont come across well out of this particular dialogue, I assume your comments on his supposed Catholic faith are based on his penalty award? I've no idea if he is a Catholic or not and frankly couldn't care less, if however he is and you have checked up on this it is dreadfully sad.

Isn't it funny that when Celtic get outrageous decisions any talk of the referees being biased is all a little silly.

Its as if they think we ll forget about 'the dossier' and the Reid AGM statement... and the McGeady comments... and Lennon's... and the accusations levelled against Scottish referees by the Green Bigots over the past decades.

Astonishing

Half an hour to go. Celtic 1-0 down at home? It was a stonewaller!

If Scott Brown can win Scotland a penalty like that over in Poland next month, all will be forgiven.

I've just watched the highlights there. Looked like a penalty should have been awarded in the first half when van Dijk/Denayer handled, but then Sutton missed an absolute sitter from about 5 yards.

I won't complain too much though. I was expecting a drubbing, so it's nice to see for a change that Motherwell fans are feeling hard done by with a point at Celtic Park.

And we move to phase two of the apologist Celtic fan playbook.

Oh of course IIII.... never believed that conspiracy stuff. No siree.

In case anyone's wondering what the hat trick move is?

Its 'all we have ever asked for is referees to get decisions right'.

It's okay I know you have comprehension problems, ask your carer to explain it to you.

Just to be clear here Dhense.

Would you like to take this opporchancity to call all Celtic fans who have suggested there was refereeing bias against Celtic over the years swivel-eyed clueless morons?

Yes or No?

Just to be clear here Dhense.

Would you like to take this opporchancity to call all Celtic fans who have suggested there was refereeing bias against Celtic over the years swivel-eyed clueless morons?

Yes or No?

Are you making a genuine attempt at stealing the crown of 'Top poster and seethe merchant in Celtic threads' from Stand Free?

Care to post that check list again of Celtic manager requirements? That made me laugh like f**k that one mate :D

Isn't it funny that when Celtic get outrageous decisions any talk of the referees being biased is all a little silly.

Its as if they think we ll forget about 'the dossier' and the Reid AGM statement... and the McGeady comments... and Lennon's... and the accusations levelled against Scottish referees by the Green Bigots over the past decades.

Astonishing

You do realise in your attempt to have a pop at Celtic you have pretty much just proven the point of football fans and double standards, don't you?

As someone has pointed out, decision goes against Celtic, Celtic fans go into overdrive, it's merely dismissed as paranoia, decision goes in favour of Celtic, fans of other clubs go into overdrive, not a mention of paranoia, just a collective groaning of refs favouring Celtic.

Whilst over the years I have seen some, shall we say, odd decisions go both for and against Celtic, and during the match I would be lying if I haven't uttered words along the lines of questioning the referees integrity but for me biased referee's aren't a huge concern, it's more the standard of refereeing I would be worried about, then again it doesn't really matter what I say though does it, you are only here to get your perma-rage about Celtic on aren't you? :)

Celtic fans in 'concerned about standards of refereeing' when decisions go for them and foaming at the mouth mental when against, shocker.

See related article on new found interest in evidence when it's one of their own as opposed the clearly stated policy of 'burn them, they're sheep-shagging witches, burn them, burn them all'.

Celtic fans in 'concerned about standards of refereeing' when decisions go for them and foaming at the mouth mental when against, shocker.

See related article on new found interest in evidence when it's one of their own as opposed the clearly stated policy of 'burn them, they're sheep-shagging witches, burn them, burn them all'.

Interestingly enough, this all came around about the same time as Aberdeen fans began losing interest in having evidence, funny that.

Archived