Livi v Rovers

How tall is that Jordan white? He looked to be about 6 ft 6 - 6 ft 7 easily...yet whenever he was going up to challenge Watson or Mckeown for headers, he was losing out every time.

I thought we played some brilliant football yesterday( especially in the first half). We could have scored a few more goals if it wasn't for Jamieson. He had a solid game for Livi yesterday and was surprised to hear it was Talbot that got the MotM.

Just before elliot took the penalty, my mate mentioned that Jamieson had roughly an 80% save record on penalties? Is that true? If so, that's brilliant. Was impressed with him anyway. You never know, he could end up a Rovers player in the future anyway...afterall, can't get enough keepers nowadays ;)

Mckeown looked very assured alongside Ellis. Watson was absolutely brilliant and nothing got past him. Thomson had a solid as ever game again. Fox and moon in the middle seemed to cope really well. Wasn't sure about Scott out wide to start off with when we have 2 perfectly good wingers on the bench( Anderson and McKay) but Scott had his best game in a rovers shirt IMO. Conroy was outstanding yet again( what an absolute fantastic signing, he's looking to have been) Nade and Elliot both gave 100% yesterday which is all you can ask for, both limped off yesterday( hope it's nothing serious though) McKay looked pretty decent when he came on, I'll reserve judgement on him though as he came on when livi had thrown everybody forward so he was given an easy passage going forward.

All in all, a really pleasing performance, roll on Falkirk at home next week.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just before elliot took the penalty, my mate mentioned that Jamieson had roughly an 80% save record on penalties? Is that true? If so, that's brilliant. Was impressed with him anyway. You never know, he could end up a Rovers player in the future anyway...afterall, can't get enough keepers nowadays ;)

It'll be something like that, and I'm sure even the ones that have went in he's still went the right way. Says he knows a way to tell what way the striker's going. Could come in handy if we're ever leading Sevco with a few minutes to go...

How tall is that Jordan white? He looked to be about 6 ft 6 - 6 ft 7 easily...yet whenever he was going up to challenge Watson or Mckeown for headers, he was losing out every time.

I thought we played some brilliant football yesterday( especially in the first half). We could have scored a few more goals if it wasn't for Jamieson. He had a solid game for Livi yesterday and was surprised to hear it was Talbot that got the MotM.

Mckeown looked very assured alongside Ellis. Watson was absolutely brilliant and nothing got past him. Thomson had a solid as ever game again. Fox and moon in the middle seemed to cope really well. Wasn't sure about Scott out wide to start off with when we have 2 perfectly good wingers on the bench( Anderson and McKay) but Scott had his best game in a rovers shirt IMO. Conroy was outstanding yet again( what an absolute fantastic signing, he's looking to have been) Nade and Elliot both gave 100% yesterday which is all you can ask for, both limped off yesterday( hope it's nothing serious though) McKay looked pretty decent when he came on, I'll reserve judgement on him though as he came on when livi had thrown everybody forward so he was given an easy passage going forward.

All in all, a really pleasing performance, roll on Falkirk at home next week.

Dunno how Talbot got MoTM, his crossing was shite, Jamieson was the only Livi player that had a decent game, saving the pen and that one on one at the end stopped what could/should have been a 3-0 result. He's the best keeper we've had at Livi since the likes of Broto and Alexander. McKenzie was a good penalty saver but Jamieson is unreal at saving them.

Just knew we were going to lose after the negativity from the Raith fans pre match, just like against Dumbarton.

Position wise not much has changed, disappointing not to have got the 3 points and opened up a gap from the teams around us, it's all very tight and we've some tough games coming up, Hearts and The rangers. Wouldn't expect anything from those games so maybe i'll be surprised like Raith fans were against us, hope so anyway.

While it wasnt great football it was like night and day from what I expected. No point in speculating what Bert has done to improve things, but the team had a positive attitude from start to finish.

The shooting left a lot to be desired - we could easily have had 4 or 5 goals. Livi's shooting was disgraceful.

Don't think we hit a shot on target, or your keeper made a save until Hippolyte's shot from distance about 10 mins from the end of the game. We had a free header at the back post that should've been a goal, apart from that a couple of wild shots inside the box was about it as far as a goal threat, we were fucking dire.

I have no idea why Scott went off on one after he scored. Always thought he was pretty well liked when he was with us and I don't think our fans could have qualms with his commitment over his two spells. Showed himself up a wee bit, but that's football.

Martin Scott has to be one of the most needlessly antagonistic players on the planet. That's not a comment on his running past the dugout and fans celebration by the way, Iain Russell did that against Dumbarton when he played for us a few years ago and we all lapped it up. It's the stupid niggles as he runs past players at free kicks etc. It would be understandable if it had any effect on the opposition but it doesn't really it just makes him look like a moron.

Actually don't mind his niggling, he's a sneaky fecker with the holding onto shirts and falling down trying to get the foul but it adds that wee bit of wind up entertainment to the game, I laughed when he did that as a Livi player. Was disappointed with his goal celebration though, was always a fans favourite at Livi.

Maybe like you say it was directed at McGlynn for letting him go, I was as disappointed as anyone when we didn't keep him, hope he wasn't trying to wind the fans up with that though.

Scott probably got a bit carried away because that goal is about the first thing he's done right since signing for us. He looks a really poor player.

He's a decent player to have when you want to scrap out a win, strong on the challenge and gets on the end of a melee in the box quite a few times to knock the ball in the net. Has that wee cheeky/dirty streak in him on the fly too but usually it isn't anything serious and more to wind players/fans up.

Russell gave the Dumbarton fans a GIRUY after scoring to win the game at their ground and got booked, but they'd been giving him abuse all game. Jimmy had no reason to give the Livi fans a dig, prob was directed at McGlynn for binning him.

This seems to show that he made no gesture or anything like that, he just went over to Murray!

Our fans saw it as it was face on towards us, was 3 or 4 short fist pumps across his stomach, then he went along to the away dug out, was def a gesture towards either McGlynn or our fans, some Livi fans started booing him after that.

Actually looking at that vid you can just see his arm moving in front of him as he gets to our dug out so was prob at McGlynn.

Dunno how Talbot got MoTM, his crossing was shite, Jamieson was the only Livi player that had a decent game, saving the pen and that one on one at the end stopped what could/should have been a 3-0 result. He's the best keeper we've had at Livi since the likes of Broto and Alexander. McKenzie was a good penalty saver but Jamieson is unreal at saving them.

Just knew we were going to lose after the negativity from the Raith fans pre match, just like against Dumbarton.

Position wise not much has changed, disappointing not to have got the 3 points and opened up a gap from the teams around us, it's all very tight and we've some tough games coming up, Hearts and The rangers. Wouldn't expect anything from those games so maybe i'll be surprised like Raith fans were against us, hope so anyway.

I disagree I though O'brien was excellent, hardly gave the ball away, Talbot certainly wasn't motm.

Disapointing performance from us, we have shown we are a decent side when we brake with the ball on the ground, yesterday though we fired too many high balls up and hoped they fell to one of our players, it was genuinely frustrating because we have looked so dangerous in every other game because we created chances from wide and by keeping the ball down.

Can't have any complaints with the penalty either infact I called it right away, but what a tremendous save by Dj, so chuffed for him.

Raith rovers deserved there win and probably should've won by more, disapointing all round from us.

On the goal, I sit right behind the home dugout and without a doubt he gave the giruy to the dugout, not altogether sure why because in the paper he said it wasn't a bad parting from the management or the club and that he was still in contact with McGlynn and some of the players, strange really.

Tough few weeks ahead for us now, Aberdeen, hearts, Rangers, Falkirk, Hibs, QoS, after what had been a reasonable start out season could unravel and we could be cut adrift near the bottom if results go against us, will wait and see though but I am a tad worried.

Anyway well done RR deserved win yesterday.

Yeah you're right Andy, O'Brien played no bad, I had commented to a mate that he was good with his passing, I'm just pissed off that we were shite up front and was in a bad mood with the whole team for our piss poor performance. Well except Jamieson who saved the penalty and that one on one at the end.

If you watch that closely as he passes the home dugout, he does about 5 GIRUY gestures in quick succession.

Certainly seems to be given it the old fist pump to the home bench, must be something in it.

However hope that doesn't take away from a pretty neat finish.

Most players would have either let the ball roll across his body to hit with the left or try and place it with the inside of his right. The quick prod with the toe was just too quick for Jamieson, great technique.

Certainly seems to be given it the old fist pump to the home bench, must be something in it.

However hope that doesn't take away from a pretty neat finish.

Most players would have either let the ball roll across his body to hit with the left or try and place it with the inside of his right. The quick prod with the toe was just too quick for Jamieson, great technique.

At first I took that just to be general celebration but having watched it again, you might be right!

Aye, it was definitely a GIRUY to our bench, no doubt about it. He's a decent player, and I would rather we'd have kept him if it was financially possible, but his celebration was a bit OTT.

We were pretty brutal on Saturday, and deserved f**k all from the game. We can't keep on relying on Hippolyte to come on and score - I wouldn't have any qualms with him getting a full game though. The defence looks a worry just now; I don't have any real issue with Sives or Fordyce, but I just feel that we need either of Gallagher or Mensing to provide a bit of stability.

Archived