Hamilton Accies top of the league?

With all due respect I can't understand how Hamilton are doing so well. Against us on the opening day, their defence was a mess, McGovern was shite, and they posed no real attackingg threat, what have you guys done differently since?

Bribery.We're loaded!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all due respect I can't understand how Hamilton are doing so well. Against us on the opening day, their defence was a mess, McGovern was shite, and they posed no real attackingg threat, what have you guys done differently since?

Its quite simple if you think about it.

The Inverness game was our first Scottish Premier league game in years, for most of our players it was first ever, their first shot at the big time (going by Scottish football standards).

Its not unthinkable that some of them were very nervous, and that could have put them off their game.

I'm not saying this is what happened, just stating a possibility for you, so you don't spend sleepless nights wondering how the small team from Hamilton are doing well.

Hope this helped :)

The Inverness game was our first Scottish Premier league game in years, for most of our players it was first ever, their first shot at the big time (going by Scottish football standards).

Its not unthinkable that some of them were very nervous, and that could have put them off their game.

I'm not saying this is what happened, just stating a possibility for you, so you don't spend sleepless nights wondering how the small team from Hamilton are doing well.

At last a sensible answer, thank you!

100% correct.

However it's good to see clubs like Inverness, Hamilton and Killie doing well right now. Much prefer it to the boring shite Dundee and Sellick come out with. They are the 2 biggest clubs in Scotland though, and will eventually come out on top.

However it's good to see clubs like Inverness, Hamilton and Killie doing well right now. Much prefer it to the boring shite Dundee and Sellick come out with. They are the 2 biggest clubs in Scotland though, and will eventually come out on top.

Aberdeen? I agree on your 1st point. Two well run clubs punching above their weight. Long may it continue. f**k Doncaster and his Armageddon shite!

Can't go 5 posts without mentioning dundee :lol:

Good post! Another thing we didn't do against Inverness that we've done well since was press them when they had possession of the ball. We probably showed them a bit too much respect that day but since then we've played without any fear.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

I don't think I'm alone in thinking that Accies were going to struggle this season but WOW ! what a start ! Congrats to them for the start they've had, I've not seen them live yet but they look good on the highlights. Just what DO they keep in that shed ?

Serious question...

What are accies fans expectations for the rest of the season? Still happy with 10th place? Or are you now looking at top 6/Europe?

Promoted clubs sometimes do very well the first time around the league then falter when other clubs start to find and exploit the weaknesses of the team and/or injuries and suspensions start to hit hard with a relatively inexperienced squad. Take it a game at a time and get relegation out of the way as an issue before thinking about anything else would be the way I would go about it if I were Alex Neil. Thought his quotes in the lead up to the game at Parkhead were spot on. The right mix of cautious optimism with respect for the stature of the opponent.

Archived