Hamilton Accies top of the league?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious question...

What are accies fans expectations for the rest of the season? Still happy with 10th place? Or are you now looking at top 6/Europe?

First results i look for are Ross County and St Mirren , staying up is what its all about , keep playing good football and anything other than 10th is a bonus .

Great to be an accies fan just now.

The club is debt free.

We are constantly producing new talent.

We are playing some good football and fear no-one.

10th place is still the goal, anything better is a bonus

Promoted clubs sometimes do very well the first time around the league then falter when other clubs start to find and exploit the weaknesses of the team and/or injuries and suspensions start to hit hard with a relatively inexperienced squad. Take it a game at a time and get relegation out of the way as an issue before thinking about anything else would be the way I would go about it if I were Alex Neil. Thought his quotes in the lead up to the game at Parkhead were spot on. The right mix of cautious optimism with respect for the stature of the opponent.

Very sensible comments. As you say, teams can take a while to be found out. I suspect we've been underestimated by several opponents so far. That will not happen any more though. It's not a bubble that is about to burst because it is not a bubble. It is a good team. Things will certainly change as other teams get there heads sorted out and work out ways to play us. They've not managed it yet, but they will, I'm sure.

The questions revolve around how many players we lose at the various transfer windows and which of your next tier of youngsters is up for the challenge. Also, who's going to come knocking to recruit a successful manager when the wheels come off elsewhere?

Great to be an accies fan just now.

The club is debt free.

We are constantly producing new talent.

We are playing some good football and fear no-one.

10th place is still the goal, anything better is a bonus

Well done to the Accies, you are achieving amazing results and playing attractive footsie.

Archived