Think about it, just vote NO.

Pseud0nym

Vote NO for Scottish Independence.

As someone who considers himself of British Identity first I am more than somewhat disturbed at the prospect of Scottish Independence.

Who would have thought that after three hundred years through all our trials and tribulations there are still people in this country who cling to nationalism, is being British really that horrific that people must resort to decimating a civilisation to get away from it? Take a look at the world around you, look at what we have done and what we have failed to do and then think back to when you were a child, is this really how you dreamed the world would be?

We have wasted our potential for decades and the world today is our punishment, smothered in conflict and riddled with corruption we have allowed ourselves through mindless complacency to become weak. We have forgotten who we are and lost belief in what we are capable of.

Go outside and look around at what we have built. We have raised the world out of the dark ages, guided it, fought for it and died for it time and time again and even though it sometimes seems as though the world has closed its eyes we know what we have achieved and what we have sacrificed.

Being British isn’t a birth right and it’s not a label, it’s a thought, a belief, a sensation that we all have when we see the injustice around us. We feel it under our skin, in our fingertips, burning through us like an anger it irritates and infuriates our very being fuelling the very trait that empowers us the most.

We are stubborn, so stubborn that it’s often confused with resilience and it is a trait that has carried us through both good times and bad, so prevalent that even the most insidious military might that the world has ever known could not defeat us yet here we are. We have somehow beaten ourselves into our own submission and it’s about time we picked each other up.

We all carry our burdens, some are our own and some we share but we must shed these burdens once and for all. We must forgive ourselves for our distraction and take the weight of the world off our shoulders briefly while we put right the degradation in our society and the injustice in our democracy.

Let us repair the damage we have done in our neglect.

If you vote NO on the 18th Septemeber 2014 you will be voting YES for revolution. Allow the rest of the United Kingdom to stand alongside you and together we will once again fight to change the world. The world has become more challenging than we have ever known so vote an overwhelming NO and show the world that our resolve has not waivered, that we still believe and maybe the world will believe with us.

#Ascend

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vote NO for Scottish Independence.

As someone who considers himself of British Identity first I am more than somewhat disturbed at the prospect of Scottish Independence.

Who would have thought that after three hundred years through all our trials and tribulations there are still people in this country who cling to nationalism, is being British really that horrific that people must resort to decimating a civilisation to get away from it? Take a look at the world around you, look at what we have done and what we have failed to do and then think back to when you were a child, is this really how you dreamed the world would be?

We have wasted our potential for decades and the world today is our punishment, smothered in conflict and riddled with corruption we have allowed ourselves through mindless complacency to become weak. We have forgotten who we are and lost belief in what we are capable of.

Go outside and look around at what we have built. We have raised the world out of the dark ages, guided it, fought for it and died for it time and time again and even though it sometimes seems as though the world has closed its eyes we know what we have achieved and what we have sacrificed.

Being British isn’t a birth right and it’s not a label, it’s a thought, a belief, a sensation that we all have when we see the injustice around us. We feel it under our skin, in our fingertips, burning through us like an anger it irritates and infuriates our very being fuelling the very trait that empowers us the most.

We are stubborn, so stubborn that it’s often confused with resilience and it is a trait that has carried us through both good times and bad, so prevalent that even the most insidious military might that the world has ever known could not defeat us yet here we are. We have somehow beaten ourselves into our own submission and it’s about time we picked each other up.

We all carry our burdens, some are our own and some we share but we must shed these burdens once and for all. We must forgive ourselves for our distraction and take the weight of the world off our shoulders briefly while we put right the degradation in our society and the injustice in our democracy.

Let us repair the damage we have done in our neglect.

If you vote NO on the 18th Septemeber 2014 you will be voting YES for revolution. Allow the rest of the United Kingdom to stand alongside you and together we will once again fight to change the world. The world has become more challenging than we have ever known so vote an overwhelming NO and show the world that our resolve has not waivered, that we still believe and maybe the world will believe with us.

#Ascend

With the greatest of respect, f**k off.

:)

It's always great when some completely random stranger assumes that I am unaware of what is going on right now, expects me to drop all of my convictions and political views because of one semi-coherent speech/post about how history matters and has economically, questionable at best, predictions of what will happen in the event of a yes vote.

Wouldn't say being British is "horrific". I don't give a single wee modicum of jobby about being British

Add in "or Scottish" after both of those Britishes and I'm with you brother.

I'm curious about whether the influx of dreadful posters is Google's fault.

Add in "or Scottish" after both of those Britishes and I'm with you brother.

I'm curious about whether the influx of dreadful posters is Google's fault.

I'm sure I seen Div on Twitter mention something about returning from a holiday overseas in the last few days. Not that I'm suggesting he's been bunged a few quid to let them all join....

The annoying thing from a mods point of view is they all appear to be genuine. Regardless of which side they are on, I think HB is on to something. Folk must be registering on multiple forums to get their last minute pleas across.

I wondered if it was just as simple as people googling Scottish Independence and getting a lot of our topics.

Good thing is they will be history one way or another in a week's time.

Archived