One day to go...

Bill.

If you care to show me evidence of ONE Yes voter on here that has given any of the above as a reason for voting Yes, I will give you £4,000 in used notes.

And to be honest, no one on here has given valid figures as a reason to vote yes... All ifs and buts like your puppet master.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and it's getting nasty.

Brown calls the SNP liars. Darling joins in. Salmond fights back. Galloway told he’s going to ‘face a bullet’. Miliband sworn at. Alexander heckled. And there’s still one day to go.

Scuffles broke out and insults were hurled on Tuesday as the battle for Scotland’s future descended into its most acrimonious day of political fighting.

Not as nasty as it's going to get if it's a 'no' vote, then all the 'yes' voters will be throwing all their toys out of the pram! :rolleyes:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/scottish-independence/scottish-independence-alex-salmond-accused-of-campaign-of-lies-on-future-of-nhs-9736662.html

I don't even read the Daily Mail. On intimidation...

I've seen plenty on the way to work and on the streets against decent Scottish people who happen to have a different opinion from you. If that was coming from the No campaign I'd vote against it. Naw to harassment and bullying

100% agree..

I have been called scum, traitor, not scottish, no dignity all because I have a view that differs to the yes campain. This is meant to be a democratic society but turned into an absolute joke by bullying yes campaigners. I am PROUD that I have the right to vote that our grandfathers fought for and I will use it, abuse or not from the nationalists!

Any of you three fancy commenting on the Police Federation's statement (someone posted it on the previous page)?

The overhyped rhetoric from the establishment (through the media) has been incredible. Literally every dirty political trick in the book has been used in the last couple of weeks. Bit by bit the arguments have been broken down and won over - and I have faith (well, kind of) that the people of Scotland will not be bowed by the shite from the No campaign - and will vote Yes on Thursday.

I had a wee walk round Dundee city centre today and sampled the positive vibe. There were a few folk with No stickers on but no organised platform - as opposed to two big buses and a load of table for Yes Scotland. Fantastic stuff so it was.

If they are Scottish notes they may be worth nothing on Friday...

And to be honest, no one on here has given valid figures as a reason to vote yes... All ifs and buts like your puppet master.

Saying "I'm wrong" would be quicker for you, tbf.

Brown calls the SNP liars. Darling joins in. Salmond fights back. Galloway told he’s going to ‘face a bullet’. Miliband sworn at. Alexander heckled. And there’s still one day to go.

Scuffles broke out and insults were hurled on Tuesday as the battle for Scotland’s future descended into its most acrimonious day of political fighting.

Not as nasty as it's going to get if it's a 'no' vote, then all the 'yes' voters will be throwing all their toys out of the pram! :rolleyes:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/scottish-independence/scottish-independence-alex-salmond-accused-of-campaign-of-lies-on-future-of-nhs-9736662.html

If this was in South America or even the USA people would have been shot.

Time to get a fucking grip and stop being a cock.

I'm failing to understand what that has to do with the subject being discussed. Just to remind you. I thought Salmond bringing up Adam King in a discussion over the ability to self-govern was small minded because it wasn't really directly relevant. You then mentioned King and Keynes and I said that I studied Keynesian economics at University. I didn't say I was an economics graduate.

There's an irony here of course because over reliance on the private sector makes Salmond's defence of an Independent government sound rather foolish.

Who is Adam King? Salmond brought up Adam Smith, arguably the most famous economist in history. How long did you study economics for?

Scottish Police Federation suggests campaign bullying claims exaggerated

The Scottish Police Federation seems to be accusing journalists and no campaigners of exaggerating the extent of aggression deployed during the election campaign. It has released this statement from Brian Docherty, its chairman. AS

"The referendum debate has been robust but overwhelmingly good natured.

It was inevitable that the closer we came to the 18th of September passions would increase but that does not justify the exaggerated rhetoric that is being deployed with increased frequency. Any neutral observer could be led to believe Scotland is on the verge of societal disintegration yet nothing could be further from the truth.

Scotland’s citizens are overwhelmingly law abiding and tolerant and it is preposterous to imply that by placing a cross in a box, our citizens will suddenly abandon the personal virtues and values held dear to them all.

At this time it is more important than ever that individuals be they politicians, journalists or whoever should carefully consider their words, maintain level heads and act with respect. Respect is not demonstrated by suggesting a minority of mindless idiots are representative of anything. One of the many joys of this campaign has been how it has awakened political awareness across almost every single section of society. The success enjoyed by the many should not be sullied by the actions of the few.

He also said said that people who were talking up the prospects of disorder following the result were not being helpful.

Police officers must be kept free from the distractions of rhetoric better suited to the playground that the political stump. If crime has been committed it will be investigated and dealt with appropriately but quite simply police officers have better things to do that officiate in spats on social media and respond to baseless speculation of the potential for disorder on and following polling day."

Hmmmm, Maybe Brian made that statement because he's a lookie-likey

post-25568-0-66996000-1410963271.jpg

Alex Salmond

post-25568-0-62514900-1410963326_thumb.j

Brian Docherty, Scottish Police Federation

An estimated 90% of the resident English in Scotland will vote no. That means that in the event of a small margin of less than 8%, they will determine the outcome of this referendum. How is that democratic or equitable? Based on recent polls the Scottish people are voting YES, it’s only the English resident in Scotland who are being joined by a minority of Scottish defectors (modern word for traitor) that may win the day for NO. I am voting YES tomorrow in line with the sovereign will of the SCOTTISH people. I hope you do too.

Post note: Ironically, the undemocratic political influence that England has over Scotland could be the very same influence that returns a no vote - how sad that would be.

An estimated 90% of the resident English in Scotland will vote no. That means that in the event of a small margin of less than 8%, they will determine the outcome of this referendum. How is that democratic or equitable? Based on recent polls the Scottish people are voting YES, it’s only the English resident in Scotland who are being joined by a minority of Scottish defectors (modern word for traitor) that may win the day for NO. I am voting YES tomorrow in line with the sovereign will of the SCOTTISH people. I hope you do too.

Post note: Ironically, the undemocratic political influence that England has over Scotland could be the very same influence that returns a no vote - how sad that would be.

Jesus fucking wept. I really hope you're a No voter at the windup.

Pish. A lot more than 10% of the English people in Scotland are already voting Yes. Presumably you want to see some last minute outpouring of anti-Englishness from the Yes side. You will be disappointed.

What about the Scots who thought that they lived in the UK only to find out they live in England, Wales or NI once the ballot was announced.

Who is Adam King? Salmond brought up Adam Smith, arguably the most famous economist in history. How long did you study economics for?

Adam Smith, sorry. I studied it in my first year which was from the basics, supply and demand and all the basic laws. Then the Economics of Business which was all about macroeconomics in my third year. They were compulsory units btw

Any of you three fancy commenting on the Police Federation's statement (someone posted it on the previous page)?

The overhyped rhetoric from the establishment (through the media) has been incredible. Literally every dirty political trick in the book has been used in the last couple of weeks. Bit by bit the arguments have been broken down and won over - and I have faith (well, kind of) that the people of Scotland will not be bowed by the shite from the No campaign - and will vote Yes on Thursday.

I had a wee walk round Dundee city centre today and sampled the positive vibe. There were a few folk with No stickers on but no organised platform - as opposed to two big buses and a load of table for Yes Scotland. Fantastic stuff so it was.

The police statement on the BBC website isn't directed at one group; it appears to be both sides. With the manipulation of the media by Salmond which was deliberate, I think people are watching what they say. The other thing is that the police want to ensure there won't be any trouble and that's a reasonable approach. It doesn't mask the fact that the Yes campaign have been engaging in tactics designed to disrupt and intimidate

^^^British nationalist by default

No a man of common sense

None of your anti English shite here, thanks.

I would be very careful of where you start laying blame.

Also you are deliberately trying to inflame passions that Police Scotland are trying to dampen and warning politicians on all side to stop making such remarks,

I suggest you get out and about and you will find it is nothing like that at all out there. I would suggest that one of the mods take a close look at your comments as you may get this forum into bother.

The last thing anyone in this country needs is PC warriors stirring up trouble and using quotes from extreme right wing newspapers with agendas as a credible source for his outburst.

I don't mind you blowing off steam and joining in banter but you are crossing a red line here, I strongly recommend you wind the neck in and allow the country to get on with the vote and stop the sensationalist quotes. If there is trouble let the Police deal with it, stop stoking it.

boo hoo English voters in No Shocker. If they shouldn't be allowed to vote in a Scottish Referendum then any other nationals (Poles, Romanians other E.U. nationals allowed to vote and are resident) votes shouldn't be counted either but then the YES campaign are desperate enough to garner votes it hurts.

Archived